• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

Sale of Essential Items in stores during Lockdown

  • Thread starter Thread starter airedale
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 83
  • Views Views: Views 18,091

airedale

Lee Trundle
Joined
Jun 28, 2020
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
53
Somebody told me that I can buy a newspaper in WH Smith, but I can’t buy an envelope. Is that true?
 
Tesco have cordoned off their clothing, electrical and toys areas but have kept open the alcohol area, obviously deemed as essential.🤔
 
airedale said:
Somebody told me that I can buy a newspaper in WH Smith, but I can’t buy an envelope. Is that true?

Dunno but what happens if your TV breaks when you’re stuck in the house? More spondoolies for Jeff Bezos?
 
Lifelong said:
Tesco have cordoned off their clothing, electrical and toys areas but have kept open the alcohol area, obviously deemed as essential.🤔

That’ll be because off licences can remain open whereas shops that only sell clothes, electrical or toys cannot.
 
Amazon must be laughing all the way to the bank in Wales.

Just been in Asda, all swag products still available on the shelves, but with A5 leaflets sellotaped to the shelves stating that you’re not allowed to buy non essential products. The clothes section is blocked though, cos clothes are definitely non-essential.

People visiting Welsh stores must be thinking that the world has gone mad.
 
exiledclaseboy said:
Lifelong said:
Tesco have cordoned off their clothing, electrical and toys areas but have kept open the alcohol area, obviously deemed as essential.🤔

That’ll be because off licences can remain open whereas shops that only sell clothes, electrical or toys cannot.

I would suggest that clothing and toys are more essential than booze.
 
Lifelong said:
exiledclaseboy said:
That’ll be because off licences can remain open whereas shops that only sell clothes, electrical or toys cannot.

I would suggest that clothing and toys are more essential than booze.

I'm sure people will cope for 2 weeks
 
Lifelong said:
exiledclaseboy said:
That’ll be because off licences can remain open whereas shops that only sell clothes, electrical or toys cannot.

I would suggest that clothing and toys are more essential than booze.

I’d suggest none of them are essential in the truest sense of the word. But my point was that supermarkets have been told to stop selling stuff that can’t be sold outside of supermarkets during this new lockdown so that businesses which only sell those things aren’t disadvantaged too much. Alcohol isn’t in that category because off licences haven’t been told to close.
 
Lifelong said:
exiledclaseboy said:
That’ll be because off licences can remain open whereas shops that only sell clothes, electrical or toys cannot.

I would suggest that clothing and toys are more essential than booze.

As an alcoholic, this isn't true. If I didn't have alcohol tomorrow, I'd run the risk of severe withdrawal symptoms, possibly including death.

People can last without new clothes for 17 days.

Although for the record, this lockdown is all bollocks anyway.
 
BanosSwan said:
Lifelong said:
I would suggest that clothing and toys are more essential than booze.

As an alcoholic, this isn't true. If I didn't have alcohol tomorrow, I'd run the risk of severe withdrawal symptoms, possibly including death.

People can last without new clothes for 17 days.

Although for the record, this lockdown is all bollocks anyway.

You could have bought a fortnights supply this morning.👍
 
A couple of years ago I forgot to buy a birthday card for my wife and only realised the night before.
So armed with an old children’s book,a piece of card,a scissors and a pritt stick I set about making one.
True story. :lol:
 

Attachments

  • CAC431A6-B837-470E-918C-794C17BB91B9.jpeg
    CAC431A6-B837-470E-918C-794C17BB91B9.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 3,014
Lifelong said:
BanosSwan said:
As an alcoholic, this isn't true. If I didn't have alcohol tomorrow, I'd run the risk of severe withdrawal symptoms, possibly including death.

People can last without new clothes for 17 days.

Although for the record, this lockdown is all bollocks anyway.

You could have bought a fortnights supply this morning.👍

It's stupid. I can justify £16 per day on vodka, but not £160 on ten days.
 
popped into Tesco this evening after work and I only bought essentials...milk, margarine and a shit-ton of beer. :lol:
 
DJack said:
popped into Tesco this evening after work and I only bought essentials...milk, margarine and a shit-ton of beer. :lol:

Margarine?! 🤢
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top