• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Sale of Essential Items in stores during Lockdown

Monty said:
bryncochjack said:
Didn't realise Mark Drakeford posted on here! Only a member of the Welsh government would defend the severity of this lockdown.

You've been asked to sit in your house for a fortnight not stand on your head. Get a grip.

Calm down , getting shirty and you've only been locked down half a day. Maybe you can explain the benefit of closing gyms and restaurants which have been far safer than local supermarkets.

Could buy a card in Morrisons this morning

Not that I needed one mind

bryncochjack said:
Monty said:
You've been asked to sit in your house for a fortnight not stand on your head. Get a grip.

Calm down , getting shirty and you've only been locked down half a day. Maybe you can explain the benefit of closing gyms and restaurants which have been far safer than local supermarkets.

Sure, it's not difficult. Viruses spread, quickly. You want to wait until the gyms and restaurants are out of control? You'd be among the first to complain they should have done something earlier.

PSumbler said:

Tesco Bont allowing card sales at the moment. Bont card shop shut though! Not exactly fair.

BrynCartwright said:
PSumbler said:

Tesco Bont allowing card sales at the moment. Bont card shop shut though! Not exactly fair.

Exactly, Bryn. 👍

New cases massively up today in Wales, must be the dicksplatts that had a final piss up before the lockdown.

Monty said:
Sure, it's not difficult. Viruses spread, quickly. You want to wait until the gyms and restaurants are out of control? You'd be among the first to complain they should have done something earlier.

The point is that no covid clusters emerged in gyms. They are safer than places that remain open.

bryncochjack said:
Monty said:

The point is that no covid clusters emerged in gyms. They are safer than places that remain open.

I'm just wondering if you have any stats to back your statements up? I'm not criticising you as I realise many people love going to their gym for the various physical and social benefits.

However, in an entirely enclosed environment, where the customers are breathing extremely hard due to physical exertion, then surely the virus just loves it, especially where machines are shared quickly in succession. I suppose the air-conditioning in gyms may mitigate the risk.

It would be very interesting to find out the results of any official study of gym operation versus extremely infectious pathogen caused pandemics.

BrynCartwright said:
bryncochjack said:

I'm just wondering if you have any stats to back your statements up? I'm not criticising you as I realise many people love going to their gym for the various physical and social benefits.

However, in an entirely enclosed environment, where the customers are breathing extremely hard due to physical exertion, then surely the virus just loves it, especially where machines are shared quickly in succession. I suppose the air-conditioning in gyms may mitigate the risk.

It would be very interesting to find out the results of any official study of gym operation versus extremely infectious pathogen caused pandemics.

From a BBC story last month:
Prof Jonathan Ball is an expert in viruses from the University of Nottingham.
Prof Ball says a lot of that risk can be dramatically lowered through things like effective air-conditioning, regular cleaning, social distancing and hand sanitising.

"From the data that I've seen from Public Health England, I'm not aware that there is a significant hotspot for infections in the gym environment.

"So if gyms do come under extra scrutiny, I think it's important for the government and for scientists to explain the data that's led to these things getting more restrictions."

Some absolute bell ends about aye.

Couple of videos going about today, both in Wales.

One bloke goes into Tesco in his stinking boxers, with his missus filming him, giving the security or staff members grief because they wont let him in.

Then there's another bloke who goes into Tesco with his mate filming him while he rips all the tape and coverings off the clothes that are covered up.

All for the benefit of like on social media.

They are not kids, they are grown ups.

Good f*cking hiding they need.

Neath_Jack said:

One bloke goes into Tesco in his stinking boxers, with his missus filming him, giving the security or staff members grief because they wont let him in.

Then there's another bloke who goes into Tesco with his mate filming him while he rips all the tape and coverings off the clothes that are covered up.

Watched both of those earlier on - its pathetic just what people will do to draw attention to themselves

And the guy taking all the tape of abusing the staff as well just shows him up to be the total tw*t he really comes across as

PSumbler said:
Neath_Jack said:

Watched both of those earlier on - its pathetic just what people will do to draw attention to themselves

And the guy taking all the tape of abusing the staff as well just shows him up to be the total tw*t he really comes across as

There'll be plenty about who will lap it up mind, that's the worrying bit.

The government are trying to control us don't you know. :?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back