• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea City v Cardiff City Match Thread

What will the result be against Cardiff?

• Swans win

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Cardiff win

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Talking with a delivery driver earlier (massive Swans fan) who said he would be surprised if Cardiff finish higher than us in the league!
We argued about it but he has lost all faith in us reaching the playoffs unless there's a '*** king miracle'.
And I though my glass is half empty.

Badlands said:
Talking with a delivery driver earlier (massive Swans fan) who said he would be surprised if Cardiff finish higher than us in the league!
We argued about it but he has lost all faith in us reaching the playoffs unless there's a '*** king miracle'.

was it eteb?

thefranchise said:
Badlands said:

was it eteb?

Erebus?

Badlands said:

Re read that... It don't much sense... Did your driver say that he wouldn't be surprised if the scum finish above us? That would make more sense.

thefranchise said:
Badlands said:

was it eteb?

hehe

for what its worth i think we'll win tomorrow

Mick McCarthy will get his first taste of a South Wales derby tomorrow but admits that it isn’t the same without the fans but knows that pride is still at stake. McCarthy will bring his Bluebirds to the Liberty knowing that they have to avoid defeat if they are to escape being the first side […]

Read more

Mick-McCarthy-1068x580.jpg

Tomorrow evening will see Cardiff City arrive at the Liberty for the big South Wales derby and visiting midfielder Will Vaulks admits that it will be an emotional game as Cardiff set out to try and ensure that they will not be on the wrong end of a historic moment.  At least from their side […]

Read more

Will-Vaulks-1068x580.jpg

You can check out the latest free digital matchday programme of the season as Swansea City host Cardiff City in the south Wales derby at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday (5.30pm).

The latest version of Jack Magazine features a range of features covering the first team, the academy set-up and all the latest goings on at the club.

It also includes an interview with Wayne Routledge who talks about his good and bad experiences of the derby, his joy at being set to bring up a decade in Swansea colours, and what the future holds.

We also hear from chief executive Julian Winter and head coach Steve Cooper in their regular columns.

Download the programme here

View attachment Programme.jpg

TALKING TACTICS | SWANSEA CITY V CARDIFF CITY

Source: Swansea Official Site

Football stats experts WhoScored.com take a look at the form of Connor Roberts, and examine what impact the local boy can have in this weekend's South Wales derby against Cardiff City.

A 3-0 defeat to Bournemouth on Tuesday night was hardly ideal for Swansea in their hunt of a top-two spot, but there would be no better way to bounce back than in a South Wales derby.

Coupled with Watford's 4-1 win at Rotherham in midweek, Swansea's defeat means the Hornets now sit three points and one place above them coming into the final round of games before the international break, albeit with a game in hand.

Nevertheless, given Watford's good form of late - they have earned more points (38) than any other Championship team since Xisco Munoz's appointment in December - Swansea will not want to drop any further adrift and will view getting back to winning ways as of the utmost importance.

A meeting with fierce rivals Cardiff presents the Swans with the perfect chance to head into the international break on a high. The Bluebirds started well under Mick McCarthy, although a run of one win in five has seen them drop six points off the play-off spots.

On the road, though, Cardiff are on the current longest unbeaten streak in the Championship having won four and drawn three of their last seven away league matches. That said, Cardiff have won only one of their last six trips to Swansea, who themselves have lost just one of their last 15 league games at the Liberty Stadium.

And with bragging rights, along with three vital points, up for grabs, one of Swansea's local lads has a key role to play against Cardiff.

Connor Roberts has been one of the Swans' best performers this season, with the Welshman exceptional from right wing-back. In being deployed in a more advanced role, it allows the 25-year-old to maximise one of his three statistically calculated WhoScored.com strengths of 'key passes'.

Only Norwich ace Emiliano Buendia (102) has created more goalscoring chances than Roberts (71) at the time of writing in the Championship this season and it has translated to five assists in 2020-21; only team-mate Jake Bidwell (seven) has more among Championship defenders.

He'll be looking to add to that record against Cardiff, and at least match his assist in the 2-0 win at the Cardiff City Stadium earlier in the campaign.

Roberts' WhoScored rating of 7.72 in the 2-0 victory back in December was his fourth best this season, which bodes well for the South Wales derby this weekend. However, with Cardiff developing a statistically calculated WhoScored.com style of play of 'attacking down the left', Roberts will also have a job to do defensively in order to stifle the Bluebirds offensive efforts down his side of the pitch.

Another exciting wing-back talent is set to take on Roberts in this South Wales battle, with Perry Ng making a solid impact following his January arrival from Crewe. Ng was one of the most exciting talents in Crewe's successful promotion to League One and he has continued his good form in the Championship, as evidenced in his WhoScored.com rating of 6.99.

It promises to be an enticing clash between two attack-minded wing-backs at the Liberty Stadium but, given Roberts' fine form this season, Swansea supporters are hoping one of their own can help their side come out on top this weekend.

View attachment Talking Tactics.jpg

Badlands said:

You been on the sherry?

We’ve had a few decent chances to do the double recently - Sousa’s season when we took the lead up there in the second game, Brendan’s promotion season when Bellamy scored the winner, and of course last season at their place when we both seemed happy enough with the draw.

Is Guehi back today? Would really like to see him, Cabango and Fulton all back in the side.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back