• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea City v Preston Match Thread

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Preston win

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Londonlisa2001 said:
eteb said:
f**k it I’ll go first

Manning over Taylor

Bennett or Guehi over Monk

Ayew over Beattie

Snigger at the first two. Beattie wasn’t in the ‘first’ team.

Please tell me what members of the relegation team would get into the friendly team of the 65/66 season, you massive quim

Reading and Barnsley 2-0 up now. The gap to seventh is closing by the game.

Londonlisa2001 said:
MrSwerve said:
Sorry Lisa, but there's plenty of talent in this squad. We seem to have lost the ability to do even the basics now...throwing to our own players, stringing more than 2 or 3 passes together. We have plenty of good players here...and I have backed Cooper since he started with us.

Even Grimes can't pass backwards accurately anymore.

There's something strange going on.

Tell me which player gets in the promotion team. Just one.

I think you're overestimating the ability of some of that promotion side, to be honest. It was excellently coached by Lord Brendan.

Woodman/De Vries? Dorus probably shades it.

Rangel/Roberts? I love Rangel but that is also very much up for debate. Roberts would get ahead for me. Naughton better depth.
Monk/Williams/Tate over Guehi/Cabango/Bennett? Monk and Williams shade it probably but Guehi is a damn big talent.
Bidwell/Manning...at least as good as our LB options back then, Taylor was on a par.

Midfield of Allen/Britton/Gower/Pratley/Dyer/Sinclair etc. - This was certainly a strong area back then - Grimes/Hourihane/Fulton/Smith could certainly mix it with them, though.

Borini/Beattie/Moore over Ayew/Lowe/Whittaker? Again arguable...but Ayew would walk into that side.

Stop making excuses for Cooper. I have.

bakajack said:
If Routs is about to come in it had better not be for Whittaker who has been the only source of creativity in the team so far

'tis Ok he has sat back down yet - why would we make a sub this early ;)

JackFish said:
Reading and Barnsley 2-0 up now. The gap to seventh is closing by the game.

And dike has scored both for barnsley, looks like we got the wrong american.

Dr. Winston said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Tell me which player gets in the promotion team. Just one.

In answer to your question, Guehi & Bennett are both way better than Monk. Ayew better than Dobbie. Woodman and DeVries much of a muchness.

It's a rather arbitrary marker of quality anyway. There's probably a few members of the promotion team who wouldn't look like they could get into the promotion team if Cooper was coaching them rather than Rodgers.

Indeed. There would never have been a promotion team if Cooper had them then.

They are pretty ordinary now, but so is the division and he is not getting a tune out of them at all.

PSumbler said:
bakajack said:
If Routs is about to come in it had better not be for Whittaker who has been the only source of creativity in the team so far

'tis Ok he has sat back down yet - why would we make a sub this early ;)

Cooper was gonna make the change but we just had a “spell” so he thought it was only a matter of time until we scored.

Badlands said:
Blackpooljack said:
Roberts is playing so poorly now he's gone from player of the season to player of the season

Always after coming back from Wales ... does he get arsy he's not in the pl like James and Rodon?
The point of my post was how fast Roberts had gone backwards the rest of the team were also going in that direction ... only faster

Can I just say a big thanks to King Curt and Leon for appointing this donkey

JackFish said:
eteb said:
f**k it I’ll go first

Manning over Taylor

Bennett or Guehi over Monk

Ayew over Beattie

None of them would get into the promotion starting team because they can’t keep the ball for more than two or three passes. How much of that is to do with the manager and how much is that the players themselves aren’t as technically good I don’t know.

It has everything to do with the manager, what’s the point in having a manager otherwise?

The bald waiter turned players he played with in the fourth division in to great footballers, even when they got to the PL. That didn’t happen by accident.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back