• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: Swansea City v Preston Match Thread

What will the result be against Preston?

• Swans win

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Preston win

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Londonlisa2001 said:
eteb said:
What “promotion team”?

Answer my question first - I’ll wait

A few years ago (actually it was about 10 now - time flies) we were promoted from this division into the premier league. Ask someone about it.

I haven’t seen your question, I tend to skip past your posts to be honest. What was it?

Queen of talking shit mind aren’t you

eteb said:
eteb said:
What “promotion team”?

f**k it I’ll go first

Manning over Taylor

Bennett or Guehi over Monk

Ayew over Beattie

None of them would get into the promotion starting team because they can’t keep the ball for more than two or three passes. How much of that is to do with the manager and how much is that the players themselves aren’t as technically good I don’t know.

Just had another look at the bench, we have routledge and dhanda as attacking subs 🙄

eteb said:
eteb said:
What “promotion team”?

f**k it I’ll go first

Manning over Taylor

Ayew over Beattie

Snigger at the first two. Beattie wasn’t in the ‘first’ team.

Blackpooljack said:
Roberts is playing so poorly now he's gone from player of the season to player of the season

Always after coming back from Wales ... does he get arsy he's not in the pl like James and Rodon?

If Routs is about to come in it had better not be for Whittaker who has been the only source of creativity in the team so far

JackFish said:
eteb said:
f**k it I’ll go first

Manning over Taylor

Ayew over Beattie

None of them would get into the promotion starting team because they can’t keep the ball for more than two or three passes. How much of that is to do with the manager and how much is that the players themselves aren’t as technically good I don’t know.

Conversely
Imaging Leon and joe Allen playing this hoof ball shit. They’d look a lot worse

These players are good enough, this squad should be achieving more in terms of performances. Guehi was a future England international a few weeks ago, Bennett was playing regularly for CL contenders Leicester last season, Hourihane a star for Villa during promotion and almost double figures in Prem last year, Ayew the captain of Ghana, Lowe and Grimes touted for other clubs earlier in the year before we even discuss Roberts, Fulton etc

Arguing otherwise is just ludicrous

Dr. Winston said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Tell me which player gets in the promotion team. Just one.

In answer to your question, Guehi & Bennett are both way better than Monk. Ayew better than Dobbie. Woodman and DeVries much of a muchness.

It's a rather arbitrary marker of quality anyway. There's probably a few members of the promotion team who wouldn't look like they could get into the promotion team if Cooper was coaching them rather than Rodgers.

Our style of play under Rodgers certainly helped players like Gower shine when they maybe weren’t that good individually. But equally I think you can make the argument that Guehi or Bennett look better because we are such a defensive team. Would still take either of them ahead of Monk though I agree.

eteb said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
A few years ago (actually it was about 10 now - time flies) we were promoted from this division into the premier league. Ask someone about it.

I haven’t seen your question, I tend to skip past your posts to be honest. What was it?

Queen of talking s**t mind aren’t you

Lol.

You’re a funny little thing aren’t you.

Epaul said:
Apologies to those who's day I've spoilt so far by watching the game on the links I put up........ :shock: :shock:

:lol:

eteb said:
eteb said:
What “promotion team”?

f**k it I’ll go first

Manning over Taylor

Ayew over Beattie

Don't think Manning has done anything to justify that tbh

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics