• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Luton Town Match Thread

Manager's Post Match Comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Nl_OPDG0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJZofrbYY8

Nathan Jones post match comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJZofrbYY8

I never used to, but I have to say, I like Nathan Jones.

He's got his team playing football, comfortable on the ball and confident. Longer term will probably be a more successful approach than our hoofman. Certainly better to watch. And he's right of course, 7 or 8 times out of 10 they win that game.

I'm happy with the result of course, out of jail yet again. The Hoofer does seem to have the gift of nicking games after being comprehensively outplayed, fair dos.

monmouth said:

He's got his team playing football, comfortable on the ball and confident. Longer term will probably be a more successful approach than our hoofman. Certainly better to watch. And he's right of course, 7 or 8 times out of 10 they win that game.

I'm happy with the result of course, out of jail yet again. The Hoofer does seem to have the gift of nicking games after being comprehensively outplayed, fair dos.

There are striking similarities to the Sousa season. We're dull as dishwater to watch, but we're tight at the back and grinding out results. We had pretty poor strikers then too, with the main difference possibly being we didn't have a special player like Ayew in the team who makes the difference in plenty of games.

Obviously we can't guarantee that we'll get a Brendan Rodgers in next season, but no-one can deny that worked out better than getting promoted under Sousa would have.

JackSomething said:
monmouth said:

There are striking similarities to the Sousa season. We're dull as dishwater to watch, but we're tight at the back and grinding out results. We had pretty poor strikers then too, with the main difference possibly being we didn't have a special player like Ayew in the team who makes the difference in plenty of games.

Obviously we can't guarantee that we'll get a Brendan Rodgers in next season, but no-one can deny that worked out better than getting promoted under Sousa would have.

Our play was far more controlled under Sousa but it was a season that gave Rodgers' the solid platform to add to Roberto's flair.
I'd have Sousa back in a heartbeat - his sides have played good football and he has a 47% win rate (would give us 77 points a season and top 6 finish).

Connor Roberts:

Obviously, it was a good, positive result. It was nice to get a goal and keep up my decent form, but the result is the most important thing. Luckily, we got that.

When I'm playing as a wing-back, I like to try and join in the attacks and contribute to the goals.

I started the season with a couple of assists and I now have a couple of goals so, hopefully, that can continue for as long as possible.

But it’s the team that matters most. It's always going to be hard in this league, so we're delighted to get the win and the clean sheet as well.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back