• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Watford Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Watford win

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perfect excuse for a last couple of pints of the festive season.

My. SwansTv stream dropped out just after half time and it wouldn’t give me an option to get back in. ☹️
Just as I managed to find my radio and switch it on We scored. 🥰

Great result.

Can anyone else feel the belief building?

BLAZE said:

Feels like we’re just building something specials. Performances are the best we’ve seen under Cooper and whereas I think we’ve had bad spells perhaps we’re now hitting huge form.

Think we might need a high amount of points to clinch second unless Brentford and Bournemouth start to slip

MrSwerve said:
Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Andre Ayew, but how long does he spend per game on the floor with his arms in the air screaming for a free kick that was never going to be given?

He does my head in. The times he gives the ball away too drives me nuts. He’s obviously quality, but he’s not the player he was. I think his legs have gone a bit - there’s no pace there now and he’s lost his leap. He used to win everything in the air, but rarely does now. He’s still better than most in this league though, and his experience shows like at the end there keeping the ball up by the corner flag. I just think he’s lost his mojo a bit.

May as well end with the traditional closing music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SKS_xcBS5w

We should also consider that before the game we were without our most experienced defender and in the warm up we lost his replacement.
Another factor that makes this such a good win.

thefranchise said:
BLAZE said:

This is probably the most balanced side we've had since Monk fucked off all our creative players.

Throw in a fully fit MGW and that’s a tasty side. It does feel like we’re on the edge of something pretty special. I’d like a better back up striker, backup rb and maybe another CB and that’d do me. Palmer and Gyokeres can go back.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
MrSwerve said:
Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Andre Ayew, but how long does he spend per game on the floor with his arms in the air screaming for a free kick that was never going to be given?

He does my head in. The times he gives the ball away too drives me nuts. He’s obviously quality, but he’s not the player he was. I think his legs have gone a bit - there’s no pace there now and he’s lost his leap. He used to win everything in the air, but rarely does now. He’s still better than most in this league though, and his experience shows like at the end there keeping the ball up by the corner flag. I just think he’s lost his mojo a bit.

hes been pretty poo the pst 5/6 games. I think he should be rested for a game or too, perhaps MGW with Lowe

Superb performance.
Shows we are as good as anything in this league. Keep consistent and this could be a very successful season.
Just as well we have two weeks off from league duties. Gives the first team a rest and to get the niggly injuries sorted out.
A cup run is always good but I think the Stevenage game should now be about giving the fringe players and those coming back from injury a game.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
MrSwerve said:

I think he feels a personal responsibility to get us up given the wage he's taking and tries to do too much, too often

Maybe I'm giving a mercenary footballer too much credit there, but that's how it looks to me

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back