• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Official Swansea City v Watford Match Thread

What will the result be against Watford?

• Swans win

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Watford win

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LeonWasTheDog's said:
thefranchise said:
This is probably the most balanced side we've had since Monk fucked off all our creative players.

Throw in a fully fit MGW and that’s a tasty side. It does feel like we’re on the edge of something pretty special. I’d like a better back up striker, backup rb and maybe another CB and that’d do me. Palmer and Gyokeres can go back.

I'm with you. I know we've been clamouring for another Brewster, but maybe we don't need an out-and-out striker except as a Plan B? If we can keep Lowe, Ayew and MGW fit, then there should be enough goals there when combined with our defence. Who would we drop and how would we change the system to accommodate a new striker?

I noticed rumours linking Ismaila Sarr with Man United and Liverpool in this transfer window. Watford said to be holding out for £40-50m for him (having paid £30m in the summer of 2019). My two thoughts on that are jealousy that a club that didn't spend beyond their means to stay in the PL can afford to hold out for a big offer to sell their top assets and how on earth is he worth £40m+?

LeonWasTheDog's said:
MrSwerve said:
Don't get me wrong, I bloody love Andre Ayew, but how long does he spend per game on the floor with his arms in the air screaming for a free kick that was never going to be given?

He does my head in. The times he gives the ball away too drives me nuts. He’s obviously quality, but he’s not the player he was. I think his legs have gone a bit - there’s no pace there now and he’s lost his leap. He used to win everything in the air, but rarely does now. He’s still better than most in this league though, and his experience shows like at the end there keeping the ball up by the corner flag. I just think he’s lost his mojo a bit.

Can't agree with the heading part, both attacking and whe defending the front of our six yard box from corners he wins most, but yes, definitely needs a rest.

monmouth said:
How many chances does Ayew need ffs. It's criminal we are behind. Totally self inflicted.

Utter clown and the most plastic of plastics. You only support us when we're winning. The first to hurl abuse, we're glad you won't be returning to the Liberty as you pronounced.

Stick to your pubic sector, reMoanmouth agenda - it's far more you.

BLAZE said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
He does my head in. The times he gives the ball away too drives me nuts. He’s obviously quality, but he’s not the player he was. I think his legs have gone a bit - there’s no pace there now and he’s lost his leap. He used to win everything in the air, but rarely does now. He’s still better than most in this league though, and his experience shows like at the end there keeping the ball up by the corner flag. I just think he’s lost his mojo a bit.

I think he feels a personal responsibility to get us up given the wage he's taking and tries to do too much, too often

Maybe I'm giving a mercenary footballer too much credit there, but that's how it looks to me

He's been extremely well recompensed for his time here and I have no doubts he'd be out of the door in a heartbeat if he could earn more money elsewhere, but you cannot question his effort on the pitch for us. I don't know how much his wages are hampering efforts to sign other players, but he does everything he can to justify those big paycheques.

KarlHRummenigge said:
monmouth said:
How many chances does Ayew need ffs. It's criminal we are behind. Totally self inflicted.

Utter clown and the most plastic of plastics. You only support us when we're winning. The first to hurl abuse, we're glad you won't be returning to the Liberty as you pronounced.

If you're such a super-fan, why do you only come on here to moan at the moaners? Just be happy we won and are 2nd in the table mun.

KarlHRummenigge said:
monmouth said:

You can't be much of a fan yourself Karl, looking to spoil the positive vibe that is being built. Remember Forest away in the play offs? The belief generated after that game carried us into the Premier League. Don't underestimate the importance of it. It's time to pull together, not apart.

Another good team performance today following the reading game. 4 point from two decent sides. Two weeks before our next league match with hopefully allow us to rest a couple in the cup and hopefully get our injured defenders back. Hopefully Gibbs-white can get a run out in the cup

The True Jack and his match watchalong

Always an enjoyable way to spend a few minutes post game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOLiQgVpwu0

Best performance of the season considering the opposition and falling behind to a top team.

Cracking effort by the boys today against a side that had a solid 8 days of rest compared to our 3. Lowe has learned quickly about being a centre forward and he took two of his three chances today. If he can keep up his recent vein of form then he could well be in for a 20 goal season.

KarlHRummenigge said:
monmouth said:

Yeah, plastic since 1969, 🤣

ps arsehole, I haven't been public sector since 1985 and I saw public sector guys do a fabulous job, far more talented than most of the private sector dickheads I managed. I have been on three boards of top 10 bluechip companies though. Your turn, Mr Rockefeller. Oh and my wife is public sector as a nurse... what scum she must be eh?

Now stop stalking me and get back to your bedsit and suck off DGT, fantasy boys.

CurtessECarr said:
Best performance of the season considering the opposition and falling behind to a top team.

100% the best performance. Swatting Crapdiff aside is one thing, beating a team of quality players deservedly is something else.

KarlHRummenigge said:
monmouth said:

Has your mam forgotten to give you your tablet this evening, Karl?

Pegojack said:
KarlHRummenigge said:

Has your mam forgotten to give you your tablet this evening, Karl?

I think his butt plug is stuck.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back