• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 20/21: The Swansea City v Brentford Match Thread

What will the result be against Brentford?

• Swans win

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Brentford win

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a great half. About the best that can be said is that we're not losing. Lots of room for improvement. Curt is spot on in what he's saying. We're sitting too deep and allowing them to control the game. Need to get onto the front foot more or they're going to pick us off eventually.

they really are a vile bunch of cvnts, especially that Daalsgaard.

woodman and bidwell horrific. Ive said it enough this season, Ayew has not turned up for another game, he needs to be dropped which will hopefully benefit him

eteb said:

woodman and bidwell horrific. Ive said it enough this season, Ayew has not turned up for another game, he needs to be dropped which will hopefully benefit him

Out of interest what has Woodman done wrong?

Woodmans distribution has been a disgrace ! Frank has worked us out with the long diagonal ball behind Naughton. Created nothing and the gap between Ayew/Lowe to too far apart from our midfield. Poor passing from Bidwell on the left no helping either ! a lot of nervous players out there in white.

Still in though but needs a big step up in tempo and desire !

PSumbler said:
eteb said:

Have you not been watching?

PSumbler said:
eteb said:

other than punt it out of touch 10 times or?

Hourihane not playing the role expected - defensive closing down non-existent. Would bring on Cooper or Dandha for him - defo Smith if he was available. Need to get amongst them a bit.

Hopefully we’ve reverted to being a 45 min team again, and that was the half we didn’t turn up...,, if that was our good half we’ve had it.

One of the worst performances of the season so far, we're not even in the game

We're playing exactly as we've told to play and have only looked in trouble (ironically) with long punts.

We have decided to let them outplay us up to about 35 yards out and try and nick something from somewhere. It is genuine anti football. I don't like it, but we've seen it before and Cooper often reverts to it. I'm not actually criticising it, I just think we have players that are better than it. We will have our time and chances in the game though. In fact you could argue that we have had as least as good chances as them. If it works, then so be it, but I can't help wish for a bit more ambition and confidence second half. I know we look like we are being outclassed, but we aren't. We have set up to let it play out like this and to stop them when we need to stop them. We just need to take our chance when it comes around next. Then THEY will start to play differently. I'm not sure it's a game for Ayew. We maybe need another body in midfield.

Woodman's distribution has been beyond rank. He needs to practice. In fact the whole team (still) do when we are pressed at goal kicks on our 18 yard box. There simply must be space to hit.

It's not pretty, but I don't much care tonight.

Skippyjack said:
One of the worst performances of the season so far, we're not even in the game

We’ve been far worse skip, not to say this isn’t bad but it’s pretty standard until the last five weeks or so.

Giving them the respect they don't deserve ,get into them !

I’d bring Bennett on for Naughton, who’s running a tightrope now...

I’m confident Cooper will sort it out at half time... I expect us not to be so deep and try and play a little further up the field.

Of things don’t change come 65 mins... Dhanda for Hourihane and Morris for Ayew.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back