• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City v Luton Town Match Thread

What will the result be against Luton?

• Swans win

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Luton win

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On a plus side I thought the new keeper played well and given these shit performances I shouldn't have any problems getting 7 tickets for Sheffield United away.

Brilliant fully supportive owners
Good Jan transfer window
Fisher an upgrade on the goalie position
Great squad

Fck possession football. It's all about putting the ball in the back of the net.

monmouth said:
Terrible result that. I thought we played a bit better but we always look like we'll concede and rarely really look like we'll score. Wolf looked decent, but he's not ours. We are lucky that Peterboro and Barnsley are worse and Derby and Reading are not going to get the points needed to catch us. Even the Eastern Arseholes have a striker now, so I can see a battle to stay above them. Where will the goals come from?

The typical meek happy clapper response to a total drubbing. By Luton Town.

Twp head still in them deep sands. Wake up, look and See, ffs.

Some clueless posts here this evening, fair play.

Martin has to take responsibility for this. We're technically far ahead of most teams we play. Our defence is shit and we've got no creativity up front. Absolutely pointless floating balls into the box. We've got no target man. When did we last score from a corner? We're trying to play like Barcelona against packed defences. Just get the ball to the byeline and use cutbacks. Float a ball over the top for Piroe to run on to. Nothing wrong with mixing it. Bloody frustrating.

monmouth said:
Terrible result that. I thought we played a bit better but we always look like we'll concede and rarely really look like we'll score. Wolf looked decent, but he's not ours. We are lucky that Peterboro and Barnsley are worse and Derby and Reading are not going to get the points needed to catch us. Even the Eastern Arseholes have a striker now, so I can see a battle to stay above them. Where will the goals come from?
That's about where iam tonight. Played well in spells need to up the intensity though.
No more to say, frustrating.

£2m for 1 goal in 14 appearances for Obafemi. Our 2nd top scorer is on strike and our top goal scorer has dried up.
19 Nil -Nil draws should see us survive.
Just gotta believe.

It would be interesting to see a re-run of the goals we have conceded this season. Acres of room for teams, somehow you would think there would be something too learn from. What's that saying about doing the same thing expecting a different outcome?

3swan said:
It would be interesting to see a re-run of the goals we have conceded this season. Acres of room for teams, somehow you would think there would be something too learn from. What's that saying about doing the same thing expecting a different outcome?

They've been soft from day 1 at Blackburn. We've lost so many games we should never have lost. :roll: :roll:

monmouth said:
3swan said:

They've been soft from day 1 at Blackburn. We've lost so many games we should never have lost. :roll: :roll:

Totally agree, our clean sheets this season have been down to poor finishing than us having a solid defence

Fisher: Did well today in what would have been a nervy debut with a team struggling for form, no fault for the goal
Christie: Attacked well, defended well, improving with each game
Bennett: Still not convinced that he is cut out for this style of play, either he or Cabango should have been tracking the run of the scorer
Cabango: After losing the header he let the player he challenged get goalside of him resulting in the winning goal. Hit the post
Naughton: Played well until he got a knock, the sub definitely hit our tempo when we were looking dangerous
Manning: Did well, more involved in an attacking sense in the second half
Downes: Daft yellow after ten minutes going in late on a nothing clearance he would never win, otherwise excellent as usual
Grimes: Moved the ball around, one great pass for Obafemi. Still don't know why we let him take our free kicks
Ntcham: Quiet for the first 20 mins, got involved much more after that and bossed the midfield creating a platform for us
Wolf: Again quiet for the first 20 mins, improved by the minute after that and was constantly running and looking dangerous
Obafemi: Unlucky not to score, felt he faded in the second half but a really strong first half showing

Smith: Came on for Naughton and did his best to be an attacking link, really not his specialty though
Piroe: Came on after we went behind, perhaps should have done better with header near the end but seems low on confidence and/or tired
Joseph: Brought on with two minutes left when he really should have been brought on sooner

Martin: Rang the changes today with a new shape, after the first ten minutes or so it clicked and we looked really dangerous. Left it too late to bring on changes for a tiring midfield which I felt had a part to play with the goal conceded.

Apart from the 2 sublime moves in the first half, that was poor again. Not sure why he changed the shape when Naughts went off as we were cutting them open.

We’re probably far enough ahead to be safe this year, but another transfer window where we’re weakened and we’ll be in trouble.

AndyCole said:
monmouth said:

The typical meek happy clapper response to a total drubbing. By Luton Town.

Twp head still in them deep sands. Wake up, look and See, ffs.

Some clueless posts here this evening, fair play.

Hardly a total drubbing Andy Capp.
They deserved their win.
Now go play with your pigeons

are people forgetting the fucking sitter obafemi missed?

score that we win 2 or 3-0. That's been the story if our season with missed chances

oh and andy cole - total drubbing? Shut up you fucking melon ffs

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back