• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread

What will the result be against Nottingham Forest?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Nottingham Forest win

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AndyCole said:
Geoff thom said:
Deffo numptys, we haven't got pace and haven't for a while cooper knew that as he didn't inject us with pace when here .
We need a transfer window to replace cabango and Bennett for two players with pace
Now open your eyes

My eyes are wide open, far more so than yours could ever be, clearly.

Apparently Cabango could play fullback for The Dragons - has oodles of pace but unfortunately not the football brain.

Bennett's cover tackle was a thing of beauty - brains over pace.

So, you think it's 'Deffo' and 'numptys' ? Rightio, I rest my case. (Crikey the standards here have plummeted.)

We lost that game through being skinned down the flanks ,bad goalkeeping and missing sitters simple as that

Donnybackspin said:
The worst we have played for years

They can stick their season tickets up their arse after that performance

People have been told a hundred trillion times on here not to over exaggerate after a loss.

Match Stats

Swansea City: 75% Possession & 20% of goals

Forest: 25% Possession & 80% of goals.

Russell’s plan is flawed.

Geoff thom said:
AndyCole said:
My eyes are wide open, far more so than yours could ever be, clearly.

Apparently Cabango could play fullback for The Dragons - has oodles of pace but unfortunately not the football brain.

Bennett's cover tackle was a thing of beauty - brains over pace.

So, you think it's 'Deffo' and 'numptys' ? Rightio, I rest my case. (Crikey the standards here have plummeted.)

We lost that game through being skinned down the flanks ,bad goalkeeping and missing sitters simple as that

C'mon mun , I know you to be a far better poster, a hard hitting pragmatist.

Yet today, and our last few games have been far far more than being as simplistically flawed as you would like to think.

Martinis utterly egotistical, almost purist, cult-like obsession needs to be nipped in the bud.

He's a visionary with an ego, and an used car salesman-like ability to con the likes of hapless Wunter, and ofc the sheeple who wanted Cooper out. They even started a thread on Cooper Out, who'd have thought it.

Bryanswan said:
Things we have got from today:
Hamer isnt good enough.
Downes cant play at the back.
Cabango and Bennett are not fit for the system.
We cannot finish our chances.
We have no depth in the squad.

Lots of work to be done.

you forgot to add Martin proved his tactical ineptitude

Pentyrchjack said:
Match Stats

Totally agree, if we played 3 forward passes we’d be in a position to have a shot at goal . As it is we play 1 forward pass, 1 back pass and 1 side pass and we still haven’t reached the halfway line. We are trying to walk the ball into the goal, afraid to shoot and just pass pass pass without penetration. Crossing was shocking, Manning found their keeper with every cross and then getting caught on our left hand side by pedestrian left side central defender & left hand side wingback. They right winger &right fullback skinned us today and it was obviously Coopers plan to attack this area. Embarrassing losing by this score at home and listening to Martin’s post match interview he learnt nothing !!! 3 losses on the bounce and 2 tough away games ahead we could be on a 5 loss losing streak by the last home game of the year.
Last 2 games lost by opponents letting us have possession and catching us on the break but we will plod on doing the same thing which will inevitably lead to the same result !!!!!

Nocountryforoldjack said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
I don’t see the problem. There’s plenty on here who think Cooper is a crap manager, so we must have this in the bag...

He wanted out... He fucked off, go beg him to come back

I don't want to beg him to come back (he's gone), but it's an interesting insight into fan's behaviour isn't it. Many were bored at times last season (me included) and were vocal about wanting him gone and some got pretty personal too. Yet is anyone less bored with us passing it across the half way line and then back to the sitting CB this season?

It's unimaginative and more importantly ineffective football. At least last year we were getting results. At the same stage last year we were in 3rd with 11 wins and 4 points off top. This year we've got 7 wins and are in 16th, 18 points off top.

I like the foundation he's trying to put down, but unless he solves what we do in the opposition half it's all meaningless.

Jack2jack said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Not hard. Out thought by a team that realised it’s more important to control the game than possession in your own half. Embarrassingly easy really. We even had 3 or 4 warning shots first half and ignored them.
Possibly, had N'cham and Piroe taken their chances, we could well be having an entirely different conversation, we have got issues, that need addressing PDQ.👍

Yeah, two big chances there that could have changed the game and maybe lead to a totally different outcome. If my auntie had balls though and all that...

Why play Downes CB? I have no idea what he was thinking.

Richard said:

For the same reason he plays Naughts there presumably - he wants someone there who can act as a deep playmaker to take control of the ball at the back and bring it out. I'm not sure he did anything wrong particularly - all the damage was down our left where Cabango and Manning were miles apart. Manning isn't working in that wingback role for me. He's better in the wide CB role, and that would have been a much better option today against their pacy width. But it looks like Bids and Naughts were both unavailable, so his hands were tied. There's no way Lati would have been a better option and Williams has looked pretty suspect too.

Pentyrchjack said:
Match Stats

Totally agree, if we played 3 forward passes we’d be in a position to have a shot at goal . As it is we play 1 forward pass, 1 back pass and 1 side pass and we still haven’t reached the halfway line. We are trying to walk the ball into the goal, afraid to shoot and just pass pass pass without penetration. Crossing was shocking, Manning found their keeper with every cross and then getting caught on our left hand side by pedestrian left side central defender & left hand side wingback. They right winger &right fullback skinned us today and it was obviously Coopers plan to attack this area. Embarrassing losing by this score at home and listening to Martin’s post match interview he learnt nothing !!! 3 losses on the bounce and 2 tough away games ahead we could be on a 5 loss losing streak by the last home game of the year.
Last 2 home games lost by opponents letting us have possession and catching us on the break but we will plod on doing the same thing which will inevitably lead to the same result !!!!!

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
He wanted out... He fucked off, go beg him to come back

I don't want to beg him to come back (he's gone), but it's an interesting insight into fan's behaviour isn't it. Many were bored at times last season (me included) and were vocal about wanting him gone and some got pretty personal too. Yet is anyone less bored with us passing it across the half way line and then back to the sitting CB this season?

It's unimaginative and more importantly ineffective football. At least last year we were getting results. At the same stage last year we were in 3rd with 11 wins and 4 points off top. This year we've got 7 wins and are in 16th, 18 points off top.

I like the foundation he's trying to put down, but unless he solves what we do in the opposition half it's all meaningless.

Yeah I hear ya.... There's no defending Martin today, it was embarrassing. Coopers results for us speak for themselves, anyone who rubbishes them is a mug but I certainly didn't enjoy watching most of it. It's the old results versus entertainment argument. I was encouraged at the beginning of this season, Martin said the right things and I could see the progression but that's melted away somewhat for me at the moment and having just watched tonight's post match interview I'm in real no man's land when it comes to the manager, I buy some of the things he's said tonight but some of it truly unbelievable. I guess at the end of the day it comes down to faith in him but it's really being tested at the moment, I can take losing but not in the manner we've been losing. He needs to stop the rot and quickly but my worry is that he's as stubborn as Cooper but without the results. He's already repeated time and time again he's not changing the process. It's also worrying when he stated tonight that cabango and Downes where brilliant today! Clearly they weren't.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Richard said:

For the same reason he plays Naughts there presumably - he wants someone there who can act as a deep playmaker to take control of the ball at the back and bring it out. I'm not sure he did anything wrong particularly - all the damage was down our left where Cabango and Manning were miles apart. Manning isn't working in that wingback role for me. He's better in the wide CB role, and that would have been a much better option today against their pacy width. But it looks like Bids and Naughts were both unavailable, so his hands were tied. There's no way Lati would have been a better option and Williams has looked pretty suspect too.

Bidwell was on the bench. Seemingly another one who is out of favour - will probably leave in January

The way I see it, is that the choice of goalie is between Steve Interesting Benda and Mr B Fingers.

Was impressed today with Latibeaudiere, thought he had a good go.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back