• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread

What will the result be against Nottingham Forest?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Nottingham Forest win

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glyn1 said:
Cooperman said:
Sure, he could start an argument with himself. I imagine him to be about five foot seven and suffering from little man syndrome.
Seriously? You probably posted this after a few drinks after watching the match (me too). Winston Churchill did OK-ish.

Is there a problem, Glyn?

I always apply the rule of not posting when judgement can be impaired by booze.

Cooperman said:
Glyn1 said:
Seriously? You probably posted this after a few drinks after watching the match (me too). Winston Churchill did OK-ish.

Is there a problem, Glyn?

I always apply the rule of not posting when judgement can be impaired by booze.

Im sure there was a minimum height to become a copper and Im pretty sure it was over 5'7".

Captain_Sham said:
Two away games next. Who would take two 0-0s?

I’ll be at QPR and that’s going to be a difficult fixture to pick up even a point, I’d prefer to see us score so I’ll happily take 1-1 over 0-0. Either we we need to stop the rot, three on the bounce cannot become five on the bounce.

Vetchonian said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Yeah I hear ya.... There's no defending Martin today, it was embarrassing. Coopers results for us speak for themselves, anyone who rubbishes them is a mug but I certainly didn't enjoy watching most of it. It's the old results versus entertainment argument. I was encouraged at the beginning of this season, Martin said the right things and I could see the progression but that's melted away somewhat for me at the moment and having just watched tonight's post match interview I'm in real no man's land when it comes to the manager, I buy some of the things he's said tonight but some of it truly unbelievable. I guess at the end of the day it comes down to faith in him but it's really being tested at the moment, I can take losing but not in the manner we've been losing. He needs to stop the rot and quickly but my worry is that he's as stubborn as Cooper but without the results. He's already repeated time and time again he's not changing the process. It's also worrying when he stated tonight that cabango and Downes where brilliant today! Clearly they weren't.
just like he believed we went toe to toe with Fulham my worry about Martin is that he is so obsessed and focused on retaining possession and trying to always play it from the back without concern for winning games.

He still insists on pushing the wong backs high up the pitch...yet the ball never gets to them its ways coming back and that allows the opposition to exploit the gaps left on the flanks.
He isn't or doesn't seem to be learning or adapting
when things are not working.

we did go toe to toe with Fulham.

Bryanswan said:
Some of these reactions to losing a game are quite ridiculous.

it's tragic isnt it. The majority of our defeats this season have been self-inflcited - yesterday a prime example.

We could and should have been two up at half time.

Piroe, Ntcham and Latib missed sitters (Piroe too in the second half in the six yard box that the keeper saved with his feet).

Manning shit out of the tackle that gave them their first i think - mistake
cabango's defenidng inexplicable
hamer spilled a dribble and beaten at his near post twice.

You play that game again in the same circumstances and we probably win it 2/3-1.

We had many games like this under potter. We need better than cabango and hamer at the back - they are two problem positions. Sort those out in Jan, bring in another attacking player (with pace) and put bidwell at lwb until end of season and replace over the summer and we'll be fine. It's clear that Martin agrees with this as we are constanttly linked with keepers and centre halfs.

For what it's worth too it looked like obafemi bucked his ideas up yesterday. Held the ball and popped it off well and was making good runs - that's a positive.

Brennan Johnson is a sublime little player mind and should be in the national team - but a cheating little scrote neverthekless

Agreed about Obafemi, on a generally sh1t day I thought he was a positive, looked very lively.
Our wingbacks have got to be defensively better- that's the managers fault for playing them so high.
Bidwell needs to play & Manning dropped or put back to left sided centre half

Cooperman said:
Captain_Sham said:
Two away games next. Who would take two 0-0s?

I’ll be at QPR and that’s going to be a difficult fixture to pick up even a point, I’d prefer to see us score so I’ll happily take 1-1 over 0-0. Either we we need to stop the rot, three on the bounce cannot become five on the bounce.

I'll be there as well, but I'm not looking forward to it. If I understand this right, Forest had 14 minutes of play and scored 4 goals.

Bryanswan said:
Can all of the Cooper lovers please get over themselves. He wanted out, touted himself for multiple jobs and then wouldnt resign.

Secondly, Martin came in with no time to build his own side. Obviously completely overhauling a style of play should take less than a week?

Cooper loving wums need not reply.

Proper sheeple speak, head buried deeply in the long grass.

Get over yerself and try your best to look objectively, critically appraise Martingaleball, instead of childishly bashing Cooper. It's what kids do when they don't get their own way.

And get your facts right before you do choose to Cooper bash. The Cooper who did us a favour at the 13th hour, kept the team morale up when a lesser fella would have walked and never looked back.

Yeah, Martin completely overhauling - that went well didn't it. Threw the baby, and his dummy out. Bit like you hey.

Football, and analysis clearly ain't your thing is it, Bryan.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back