• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 21/22 The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread

What will the result be against Nottingham Forest?

• Swans win

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Nottingham Forest win

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought it was snail’s paced shite if I’m honest. Martins comments after the game on bbc I find quite dispiriting.

I’ve watched Forest two or three times and they do the same every week. Overload the right with their pace players. What did we do to try and counter it. Naff all. Gave them all the space to beat our high line and then with the ball just mainly walked around the pitch going backwards. As to Hamer. Garbage. Annoyed.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
I don't want to beg him to come back (he's gone), but it's an interesting insight into fan's behaviour isn't it. Many were bored at times last season (me included) and were vocal about wanting him gone and some got pretty personal too. Yet is anyone less bored with us passing it across the half way line and then back to the sitting CB this season?

It's unimaginative and more importantly ineffective football. At least last year we were getting results. At the same stage last year we were in 3rd with 11 wins and 4 points off top. This year we've got 7 wins and are in 16th, 18 points off top.

I like the foundation he's trying to put down, but unless he solves what we do in the opposition half it's all meaningless.

Yeah I hear ya.... There's no defending Martin today, it was embarrassing. Coopers results for us speak for themselves, anyone who rubbishes them is a mug but I certainly didn't enjoy watching most of it. It's the old results versus entertainment argument. I was encouraged at the beginning of this season, Martin said the right things and I could see the progression but that's melted away somewhat for me at the moment and having just watched tonight's post match interview I'm in real no man's land when it comes to the manager, I buy some of the things he's said tonight but some of it truly unbelievable. I guess at the end of the day it comes down to faith in him but it's really being tested at the moment, I can take losing but not in the manner we've been losing. He needs to stop the rot and quickly but my worry is that he's as stubborn as Cooper but without the results. He's already repeated time and time again he's not changing the process. It's also worrying when he stated tonight that cabango and Downes where brilliant today! Clearly they weren't.
just like he believed we went toe to toe with Fulham my worry about Martin is that he is so obsessed and focused on retaining possession and trying to always play it from the back without concern for winning games.

He still insists on pushing the wong backs high up the pitch...yet the ball never gets to them its ways coming back and that allows the opposition to exploit the gaps left on the flanks.
He isn't or doesn't seem to be learning or adapting
when things are not working.

Darran said:
Skippyjack said:
The wingnuts are on the other site, Vetchonian who was dubious at the start and Perch, who let's face it, hated every manager including Martinez when we romped league one, but he did have a soft spot for Brendan, but he had a grudge over Laudrup FFS an all, he's against the grain no matter what, he's a weird tw*t

Perch needs help.
If people can’t see it now they’ll never see it.
He’s a poisonous prick that needs to be wired up to the national grid and I’m not even sure that would work.

I see that he's read this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

monmouth said:
I thought it was snail’s paced shite if I’m honest. Martins comments after the game on bbc I find quite dispiriting.

I’ve watched Forest two or three times and they do the same every week. Overload the right with their pace players. What did we do to try and counter it. Naff all. Gave them all the space to beat our high line and then with the ball just mainly walked around the pitch going backwards. As to Hamer. Garbage. Annoyed.

So Cooperball outsmarts Martinball, from the outset in tactical set-up and throughout, in execution.

Plain as day for most of us who can see, objectively. Yet the twps on here chose and still choose to continue to bury their heads in the hope Martin can rescue them from their irrational hatred of Cooper.

That ship has sailed tonight in a 1-4 drubbing.

Let’s hope it’s the proper wake up call for the bitter, twisted twps like you and far far more importantly the Owners who will now see for real what Wunter and Martin have been bullshittng about the past few months.

Cooperman said:
Donnybackspin said:
The worst we have played for years

They can stick their season tickets up their arse after that performance

People have been told a hundred trillion times on here not to over exaggerate after a loss.

I go to everyone home and most away games and that was awful today and it's hard to think of a game when we have played worst this season. And yes I have had enough of wasting my money on this sh#t team

Donnybackspin said:
Cooperman said:
People have been told a hundred trillion times on here not to over exaggerate after a loss.

I go to everyone home and most away games and that was awful today and it's hard to think of a game when we have played worst this season. And yes I have had enough of wasting my money on this sh#t team

According to Martin we played well, created more chances than before and got punished for individual mistakes (I think he really means his individual mistake of obsession with reverse gear possession):

Swansea head coach Russell Martin:

"In the last three games we've created more than we have all season. We said to you guys when we sat here when we weren't creating as much early on in the season, but we were keeping the back door shut more often. The balance has tipped the other way a little bit.

"If we cut out the individual mistakes we'll be more than fine. We're being punished for individual errors at the moment, but we will get there. We've got a group of young men who are learning on the job, who have come a long way in a short space of time.

"It's the same style of play that allowed us to go on a brilliant run of form, and now we have lost three on the spin which is not nice. Performance-wise there's nothing wrong, but we are being punished for individual errors at the moment.

"It really hurts to lose, it really hurts to lose by that scoreline. But it's a bump in the road. We have to show real courage to get back on it and start picking up results again."

Donnybackspin said:
The worst we have played for years

They can stick their season tickets up their arse after that performance

That's the spirit

Garyjack said:
Darran said:
Perch needs help.
If people can’t see it now they’ll never see it.
He’s a poisonous prick that needs to be wired up to the national grid and I’m not even sure that would work.

He’s referred to our friend Rog as ‘lifebong’ :lol:

I think he types his posts with his forehead.

Cooperman said:
Garyjack said:

He's created a thread about me, and he thinks I'm a Martin fan boy, the bloke doesn't read my posts on here, he's raving and ranting amongst himself, he's got old age anger issues

Skippyjack said:
Cooperman said:

He's created a thread about me, and he thinks I'm a Martin fan boy, the bloke doesn't read my posts on here, he's raving and ranting amongst himself, he's got old age anger issues

He asked after the game why Benda was picked again. :lol:
The blokes nothing but a fućking oddball.

Skippyjack said:
Cooperman said:

Sure, he could start an argument with himself. I imagine him to be about five foot seven and suffering from little man syndrome.

Cooperman said:
Skippyjack said:

Sure, he could start an argument with himself. I imagine him to be about five foot seven and suffering from little man syndrome.
Seriously? You probably posted this after a few drinks after watching the match (me too). Winston Churchill did OK-ish.

Sheffield United v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back