• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 23/24 | The Official PNE v The Swans Match Thread | The EFL Championship | Deepdale Stadium, Preston

What will the result be against Preston?

• Preston win

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Swans win

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really nice goal, defended reasonable well but I thought from an attacking point of view we've been fairly poor.

bakajack said:
The rule changes about interrupting free kicks/touching the ball away had a part to play in Cullen being able to play that free kick.
I am absolutely a fan of that.

Aye, last season some twat would have just blocked him off. Shame Jay couldn’t just use his right foot for the far corner, but if he’d made the pass it was a tap in.

Half time thoughts:

We looked limited for 30 minutes, but it seems we tweaked something after that and created a few opportunities and realistically should be two up.
Patino still looking like a Rolls Royce but Fulton is either not involved or playing the wrong ball.
Cullen has been sharp and creative, I wonder if he could play that attacking midfield role sometimes.
Ashby took his goal superbly, 19 times out of 20 someone skies that over the bar or slams it down the keeper's throat.
Key growing into playing on the left despite being a right footer, looks like he has got their fullback done for pace and we can exploit that.

karnataka said:
We haven't scored many goals so far this season but we have scored some real beauties and today's is another.

7 goals so far including the cup in 4 1/2 games.
Our need for a creator is glaringly obvious, we have the finishers and the wingers to be really dangerous this season we just need someone to feed them.

bakajack said:
Half time thoughts:

We looked limited for 30 minutes, but it seems we tweaked something after that and created a few opportunities and realistically should be two up.
Patino still looking like a Rolls Royce but Fulton is either not involved or playing the wrong ball.
Cullen has been sharp and creative, I wonder if he could play that attacking midfield role sometimes.
Ashby took his goal superbly, 19 times out of 20 someone skies that over the bar or slams it down the keeper's throat.
Key growing into playing on the left despite being a right footer, looks like he has got their fullback done for pace and we can exploit that.

Yep. They look vulnerable down that left side.

monmouth said:
Aye, last season some twat would have just blocked him off. Shame Jay couldn’t just use his right foot for the far corner, but if he’d made the pass it was a tap in.

That or picked up the ball and run off with it.
Automatic booking for that bullshittery is the biggest positive rule change they made for me.

Half time we sit in 13th place with a goal difference of zero.
The very definition of mid table mediocrity for Darren :lol:

Early days but from what I’ve seen of the championship this season so far it’s all much of a muchness with almost all teams playing high press, kick and rush football, with swans very much in that template too. As far as it goes we don’t look horrendous at it but we need ball playing centre halves better than Nathan Madeofwood if we are going to do better than average.

We have looked dangerous the first five mins of the second half.
Hopefully we get another goal this deserves.

Yates has been quiet so far but I feel like that is his game, his contributions come more from getting on the end of chances than being involved in general play.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back