• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Middlesbrough FC vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Boro commentator "And grimes drops back again, to collect the ball". Drops back? He lived in the middle of our defence! Not sure I want to hear Williams bigging up this game, or making excuses. Anyone who regularly picks Fulton isn't worth his salt. Static defence and static midfield, apart from Oem Ji Sung, leads to zero or limited chances for our front players. Long season ahead I fear.
Kin hell😂

First game in and a narrow loss against a favourite for too 6 away from home

You lot are a different breed

Absolutely, but the mindset is still wrong. You can see that Williams and Martin were hand in glove.

Plus, everyone knows Grimes and Fulton shouldn't play together, but there they are, week after week.
Apparently according to some we must have been quite good today. 😮

😂

They passed the ball forward and got it into the box on plenty of occasions in the second half.

To say they've passed the ball backwards for 85 minutes today is a little silly.
You may be right, to be honest it just felt like Boro went 10 yards back and we kept playing at walking pace in front of them, creating absolutely nothing, and most of the time not looking to create anything.

My post was regarding today’s game, that we will improve as the season progresses is not relevant. What a silly an argument. 😂
You won't be getting the argument you want with myself. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday 👍🏼

Kin hell😂

Never mind though bluey, at least you cunts have come back down to earth after that 2-0 loss at home

Absolutely, but the mindset is still wrong. You can see that Williams and Martin were hand in glove.

Plus, everyone knows Grimes and Fulton shouldn't play together, but there they are, week after week.
The straw I clutch at is that its only because we are currently short of bodies.
Ideally its Grimes and Franco/Abdulai with Eom, Ronald and Providence in front of them in attacking midfield and on the wings

Kin hell😂

Boro will be down the arse end if that's all they've got mate. I'm not saying we can't get better - we have to - but that was gash today.

Kin hell😂

😁

Call it as you see it.

Do you think we were good today?

Not interested in praise for individual players - just, do you think we were good today?

😁

Call it as you see it.

Do you think we were good today?

Not interested in praise for individual players - just, do you think we were good today?
No. See previous. We certainly weren't as bad as you're making out chicken little

You may be right, to be honest it just felt like Boro went 10 yards back and we kept playing at walking pace in front of them, creating absolutely nothing, and most of the time not looking to create anything.
Going to take a few games to find our spark. It is a much improved performance from our last visit to Boro.

As an overall side today I think I would score us as 4 out of 10.

Slow on the ball, low tempo, little movement and you are always going to struggle to make chances like that

The straw I clutch at is that its only because we are currently short of bodies.
Ideally its Grimes and Franco/Abdulai with Eom, Ronald and Providence in front of them in attacking midfield and on the wings
I clutch the same straw but I can’t help feeling that regardless of quality we have we will always play the same way. We’ve done it since Cooper and it’s cowardly.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back