• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Bristol City | The EFL Championship

Dropping two points in this one is down to Williams in my opinion.

Vipotnik was effective and while I can understand taking him off after 70 mins with an eye on Sheff Utd on Wednesday what I can't defend is taking off Franco and Eom, neither can I say that leaving Ronald on was the right call either.

Viptonik won every ball Brizzle put into the box, almost as soon as we take him off the player who defended that position of the box was never replaced, the one time that they put a cross in to that area they scored from it.

Ronald had a terrible game, he didn't create anything or beat his man all that often and never in a dangerous position. Bianchini has pace to burn and with a wide open hectic game like this one was a tiring full back would have hated the sight of him coming on.

Eom was having an excellent game and definitely didn't deserve to get hooked for Abdulai. The only complaint you can make about Eom is a need to improve on his final product, but thats a coaching thing and something that LW and his staff need to work on.

Every time we take off Franco we lose control of the middle of the park. Joe had two excellent opportunities to play a killer pass and he overcooked both of them, the first one you could forgive as he had only been on the pitch for two minutes but the other one when he messed up a simple ball to Ronald on the overlap was terrible.

In a high intensity energy sapping game like this LW completely made the wrong substitutions and that handed the initiative to Bristol City to attack us relentlessly for the final 30 mins or so of the game.
If Williams wants the higher intensity he has to use the subs. Ideally for a high press you want the option to change the whole front 4. But our bench is crap, so the quality is bound to drop off. He’s a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place on that.

If Williams wants the higher intensity he has to use the subs. Ideally for a high press you want the option to change the whole front 4. But our bench is crap, so the quality is bound to drop off. He’s a bit stuck between a rock and a hard place on that.
He’s also trying to manage three games in a day less than most other teams.

Really enjoyed that.
Eom looked superb, Cooper looks a different player, Lawrence looks solid, Darling and Cabango fantastic.
Wish we’d pull the trigger quicker with our shots and crosses though.
We’re trying that high speed, intricate stuff at the top end of the pitch.
Jazz Club - Nice

Really enjoyed that.
Eom looked superb, Cooper looks a different player, Lawrence looks solid, Darling and Cabango fantastic.
Wish we’d pull the trigger quicker with our shots and crosses though.
We’re trying that high speed, intricate stuff at the top end of the pitch.
Jazz Club - Nice
And forgot to mention Big Vip.
I didn’t happen very often but when it did, his hold up play looked great.
Lovely touch on him.
I reckon he’ll hit double figures once firing.

And forgot to mention Big Vip.
I didn’t happen very often but when it did, his hold up play looked great.
Lovely touch on him.
I reckon he’ll hit double figures once firing.
Need to start crossing the ball for him. He was excellent today but barely touched the ball in their third

We're on a knife edge really. We've got 7 points from 9 but it could easily have been 3 max. There's a few players doing some seriously heavy lifting at the moment (Cooper, Cullen, Cabango, Darling, Viggy, Franco for 70mins) who are performing heroically with energy and last ditch tackles / blocks / saves which just isn't sustainable. Eom and Ronald need to find an end product and we need to get our signings fit somehow. Vipotnik hopefully is getting there but bianchini needs to persuade Williams he is a better option than Abdulai (which shouldn't be difficult).

Encouraging that we are we are when there are obvious deficiencies but this division is mad consistency wise.

Fair result tbf.
Cooper, absolutely magnificent.
Again tho,subs timing cost us. Never mind midweek game and next Saturday, win this fckn game first...and we could have, but Brizzles smelt blood soon as Franco went off.
Missed opportunity??.. not really, there are positives going forward, but outside our best 11, the squad needs strengthening.
Word on Vipo, held ball up well, and keeping everything crossed he can get fitter...one goes in off his arse and hopefully and he'll be upn running.

Dropping two points in this one is down to Williams in my opinion.

Vipotnik was effective and while I can understand taking him off after 70 mins with an eye on Sheff Utd on Wednesday what I can't defend is taking off Franco and Eom, neither can I say that leaving Ronald on was the right call either.

Viptonik won every ball Brizzle put into the box, almost as soon as we take him off the player who defended that position of the box was never replaced, the one time that they put a cross in to that area they scored from it.

Ronald had a terrible game, he didn't create anything or beat his man all that often and never in a dangerous position. Bianchini has pace to burn and with a wide open hectic game like this one was a tiring full back would have hated the sight of him coming on.

Eom was having an excellent game and definitely didn't deserve to get hooked for Abdulai. The only complaint you can make about Eom is a need to improve on his final product, but thats a coaching thing and something that LW and his staff need to work on.

Every time we take off Franco we lose control of the middle of the park. Joe had two excellent opportunities to play a killer pass and he overcooked both of them, the first one you could forgive as he had only been on the pitch for two minutes but the other one when he messed up a simple ball to Ronald on the overlap was terrible.

In a high intensity energy sapping game like this LW completely made the wrong substitutions and that handed the initiative to Bristol City to attack us relentlessly for the final 30 mins or so of the game.
Cullen is the goal poacher when no service is our story especially from Ronald so Blanchini is the solution there but not really on a wet cold and stormy Yorkshire Wednesday night so Abdullah.

Enjoyed the first half, both teams played some nice football. Concerning that we just tried to sit back in the second half though.

A bit of a reality check for some today, we only made their keeper make one save in the whole game whereas Vigouroux had to make 7. We give the opposition far too many chances, this is an ongoing issue.

Eom looked lively but his final ball (whether it's a cross or a shot) is woeful. He had an assist today, his first assist in his 7 league games so far.

Added to that, Ronald has 4 goals and 1 assist in his 25 league games since joining and Cooper has 2 goals and 3 assists since the beginning of last season. We just don't create enough goalscoring opportunities.

Coupled with the large number of shots our opponents have against us, it's just not sustainable over the course of a 46 game season.

8 goals scored in our 7 league games so far, only 6 teams have scored fewer than us.

I still think we'll end up somewhere between 12th and 16th this season, which is probably a fair reflection of the quality of the squad

We're on a knife edge really. We've got 7 points from 9 but it could easily have been 3 max. There's a few players doing some seriously heavy lifting at the moment (Cooper, Cullen, Cabango, Darling, Viggy, Franco for 70mins) who are performing heroically with energy and last ditch tackles / blocks / saves which just isn't sustainable. Eom and Ronald need to find an end product and we need to get our signings fit somehow. Vipotnik hopefully is getting there but bianchini needs to persuade Williams he is a better option than Abdulai (which shouldn't be difficult).

Encouraging that we are we are when there are obvious deficiencies but this division is mad consistency wise.

I think also what is concerning we only have Cullen scoring.. no league goals from Eom Ronald Branco or Grimes.

We are working hard which is commendable but what happens if we go 1 or 2 down, we are more or less stuffed.

That game was postponed largely due to the issues in and around the stadium on spectator safety rather than the condition of the pitch
No the pitch was frozen for the Gillingham match. There wasn’t any undersoil heating. It was laid in the summer of 2006.

And there was no running water for the Ospreys match.

I
No the pitch was frozen for the Gillingham match. There wasn’t any undersoil heating. It was laid in the summer of 2006.

And there was no running water for the Ospreys match.
Is that right? I may be getting it confused with another one - we 100% lost one game due to frozen steps in the stands etc, I was convinced that was the Gillingham game but could be wrong

Is that right? I may be getting it confused with another one - we 100% lost one game due to frozen steps in the stands etc, I was convinced that was the Gillingham game but could be wrong
I don’t remember us losing a match because of frozen steps, but at a guess everything was frozen the night of that Gillingham match because it was so cold. The Chelsea match in the League Cup was also a tricky one with snow and ice.

Coldest football game was Bristol City away around Christmas time when we were marched into the away end 1 hour 30 before kick off and it ended 0-0.. it was Baltic, also a shout out to Kidderminster on numerous occasions where aggborough soup was unbelievable stuff on a winters day.. but you couldn't beat a bovril and a half frozen pasty from the vetch.. one side would be on fire and the otherside would be freezing

Sheffield United v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back