• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Preston North End | The EFL Championship

Can't critise something I didn't see. The thought of walking back up the stairs to take my seat, stroke standing area was far less appealing than staying in my seat in the newly appointed Mel Nurse bar, completely ignoring what was happening on the pitch.

Only football can do this to a person.
Your lucky Fathy doesn't post much anymore! He'd have had you burnt at the stake for leaving at half time mate 🤣

Didn't we beat Preston convincingly in our first home game , 2nd game of season, after losing away on opening day in the North East (Hull) the season we went up?
Maybe its an omen.

Didn't we beat Preston convincingly in our first home game , 2nd game of season, after losing away on opening day in the North East (Hull) the season we went up?
Maybe its an omen.
Without looking it up, wasn’t it Burnley 1-0 with Sinclair scoring on his debut? If that’s right I’m a state, as I can remember that but not my anniversary.

Without looking it up, wasn’t it Burnley 1-0 with Sinclair scoring on his debut? If that’s right I’m a state, as I can remember that but not my anniversary.
Both were early. I posted the stats from early that season above. Notice we also won 3-0 at home in the league cup as well. I'm getting excited.
Its also interesting that we lost two out of three of our first league games. Really is not about how you start.

Last edited:
Let's hope the symmetry ends there, as we lost our next game 2-0 and that's certainly not the result we want next weekend! Although I'd take the result from our next home game that season, a 1-0 win Sunday would be just fine...

Both were early. I posted the stats from early that season above. Notice we also won 3-0 at home in the league cup as well. I'm getting excited.
Its also interesting that we lost two out of three of our first league games. Really is not about how you start.

Our first full season under Martinez (league one champions) I remember going to Oldham opening game and getting beaten. Everyone was so frustrated on the bus home moaning

Shows first few games in season shouldn’t be taken too significantly

The second half performance yesterday was much better than the first (although the first half was mind numbing once again) but we had some decisions go our way, namely the ball looking like it may have been out of play when Eom crossed for the penalty and the officials somehow missing Darling's handball when it was still 1:0.

Preston were as bad as any team I've seen down here though, even when they were losing they showed very little attacking intent.

A much needed positive result ahead of next weekend but talk of us finishing in the playoffs after a decent 45 minutes yesterday is fantasy stuff, I'm still expecting us to be lower mid-table (12th-16th) at the end of the season

Our first full season under Martinez (league one champions) I remember going to Oldham opening game and getting beaten. Everyone was so frustrated on the bus home moaning

Shows first few games in season shouldn’t be taken too significantly
I was there too and my memory was that the fans around me in the ground and on Planet Swans after the game were buzzing despite the defeat. That was probably helped by how we'd finished the previous season under Martinez and how good our new players looked.

Scotland scored a beauty, while Rangel and especially Bodde looked immediately like inspired signings. We played brilliant football and were very unlucky to lose.

I was there too and my memory was that the fans around me in the ground and on Planet Swans after the game were buzzing despite the defeat. That was probably helped by how we'd finished the previous season under Martinez and how good our new players looked.

Scotland scored a beauty, while Rangel and especially Bodde looked immediately like inspired signings. We played brilliant football and were very unlucky to lose.
Aye, crappy injury time goal. Things didn’t go smoothly immediately after that for a while if I remember right. It became very sterile and there were boos after a terrible 0-0 with Brighton at home. Then we went on that amazing winning run with football from another planet after getting Paul Anderson on the left wing.

Swansea City v Norwich City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back