• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Preston North End | The EFL Championship

Agreed. Preston were terrible and are going down as they are, but you can only beat what’s in front of you, and at last we looked like we wanted to go forward and face the right way.
Aye, Monny. Us attempting, and in this succedding, in playing positive footbal is what we want.

Highly impressive performance today, I'm mighty glad I decided to come over!
There were many very good individual showings, but the one that impressed me the most was Abdulai, or Aberdulais as I call him.
Seeiing him in the flesh, I realised what a big tough unit he is. From the second half kick off, Preston went up a couple of gears and started running through us at will. I glanced over to the bench and saw Aberdulais stripped and ready to come on, with a very animated Luke Williams shouting in his ear and gesticulating at different areas of the field. I turned to the bloke next to me and said "Aberdulais is going to come on and put himself about. He'll be yellow carded within five minutes.". It actually only took three. But he grabbed the right hand side by the scruff of the neck, stopped Preston in their tracks, and popped up with a goal.
This lad is going to shine this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club soon.

Let's get it right, Preston are piss poor and will likely be in the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

But

We still had to get the job done, and we did it, with bells on. We were brilliant today. Start to finish. We didn't let up. 5-0 wouldn't have flattered us.

The board had better help Williams more in what remains of the window. We could really go places if we get it right.

Highly impressive performance today, I'm mighty glad I decided to come over!
There were many very good individual showings, but the one that impressed me the most was Abdulai, or Aberdulais as I call him.
Seeiing him in the flesh, I realised what a big tough unit he is. From the second half kick off, Preston went up a couple of gears and started running through us at will. I glanced over to the bench and saw Aberdulais stripped and ready to come on, with a very animated Luke Williams shouting in his ear and gesticulating at different areas of the field. I turned to the bloke next to me and said "Aberdulais is going to come on and put himself about. He'll be yellow carded within five minutes.". It actually only took three. But he grabbed the right hand side by the scruff of the neck, stopped Preston in their tracks, and popped up with a goal.
This lad is going to shine this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on to a bigger club soon.
I was going to credit myself for the win as I was down there for the first time in ages, along with my boy and my nephew. Still trying to convert them into regulars, which means I'd become a regular again myself. Seems we may have to share credit for today's performance Pego. ;)

Lots of comments about the players today I agree with, but I want to give credit to Cullen. He's never going to be the player to lead the line and score well into double figures (fingers crossed Vipotnik is that guy), but he worked his arse off today, pressing and closing down relentlessly. Also some good moments on the ball, not least the assist he would have had had Cooper's shot not hit Abdulai (as Baka already mentioned). I think he was also the one who collected the ball near the edge of the area and played Ronald in with a lovely pass when Ronald shot just wide.

I was going to credit myself for the win as I was down there for the first time in ages, along with my boy and my nephew. Still trying to convert them into regulars, which means I'd become a regular again myself. Seems we may have to share credit for today's performance Pego. ;)

Lots of comments about the players today I agree with, but I want to give credit to Cullen. He's never going to be the player to lead the line and score well into double figures (fingers crossed Vipotnik is that guy), but he worked his arse off today, pressing and closing down relentlessly. Also some good moments on the ball, not least the assist he would have had had Cooper's shot not hit Abdulai (as Baka already mentioned). I think he was also the one who collected the ball near the edge of the area and played Ronald in with a lovely pass when Ronald shot just wide.
He's a half decent 10. Not a 46 game starter a season but more than enough as a rotation

Also, I thought we may have got a bit lucky with the penalty (I was at the other end of the stadium), but not after watching the 2 minutes of highlights on Sky Sports. What was their defender doing putting his arm in the air there, the doughnut?

Also, I thought we may have got a bit lucky with the penalty (I was at the other end of the stadium), but not after watching the 2 minutes of highlights on Sky Sports. What was their defender doing putting his arm in the air there, the doughnut?
The defender raised his hand to appeal the ball having gone out of play… it hadnt, the rest is history 🙈

The defender raised his hand to appeal the ball having gone out of play… it hadnt, the rest is history 🙈
It looked already out of play from where I was sat, which wasn’t far from the goal line.

I remember once in our premier league days (I want to say against either Spurs or Chelsea?) we had a pen given against us because a player raised their arm to appeal offside and the ball hit their outstretched arm.

Shitty luck but if you stick your arm out like that you will always run the risk however slim it is.

Haven't read the thread, didn't' bother going back to my seat for the second half half. The first half was awful. My take from today was, thank the lord we aren't Preston.

Haven't read the thread, didn't' bother going back to my seat for the second half half. The first half was awful. My take from today was, thank the lord we aren't Preston.
I don't disagree with you often but calling the first half awful was harsh.
It was an improvement on the Gillingham game which in turn was an improvement on the Boro game.

Four players new to Championship football and all of them today had positive contributions to the game. We scored three goals, had a clean sheet, no injuries and our new star striker got his first goal. Not sure what more could be demanded of the side to be honest.

I don't disagree with you often but calling the first half awful was harsh.
It was an improvement on the Gillingham game which in turn was an improvement on the Boro game.

Four players new to Championship football and all of them today had positive contributions to the game. We scored three goals, had a clean sheet, no injuries and our new star striker got his first goal. Not sure what more could be demanded of the side to be honest.
I'm probably being far too harsh. The first half was crap, thankfully the safe standing bars were there to stop me falling asleep.

Can't comment on the second half, I didn't watch it.

I'm probably being far too harsh. The first half was crap, thankfully the safe standing bars were there to stop me falling asleep.

Can't comment on the second half, I didn't watch it.
I’m paying tribute to this post as someone who’s spent many second halves in various pubs or bars over the last 35 years or so.

Last edited:
I’m paying tribute to this post as someone who’s spent many second halves in various pubs or bar sober the last 35 years or so.
Can't critise something I didn't see. The thought of walking back up the stairs to take my seat, stroke standing area was far less appealing than staying in my seat in the newly appointed Mel Nurse bar, completely ignoring what was happening on the pitch.

Only football can do this to a person.

Swansea City v Norwich City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back