• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Preston North End | The EFL Championship

Honestly I think we are only 3 signings short of having a really good season.
If we sign Milleskog and Providence and bring in one more centre half to compete with Pedersen Cabango and Darling then we would be in a very strong position squad wise.

If we sign Milleskog and Providence and bring in one more centre half to compete with Pedersen Cabango and Darling then we would be in a very strong position squad wise.
I agree, but we've been three signings (or four if you include an extra man in midfield, which I think we need) short for a month now with no movement. It's as if Vipotnik was all we needed

And another striker

With what's coming on the 25th, last thing we want is a defeat/poor show here. Want Luke to do well, but your only a few weeks from trouble in this league if this things go wrong. So a solid performance/no defensive fvk ups...and I'd take a draw right now.
The bindippers will be heading here having lost their first 2 so confidence for that'll be vital.

I'll have zero sympathy for Williams if he continues to pick Fulton ahead of others in the starting eleven.

As much as I'd like to remain optimistic, the football served up most of the time does little to excite.

Only thing going for the team at the moment is the introduction of wingers and four at the back.

I'm questioning my sanity here but I assume there are tickets available for walk ups on the day?
I'd like to think so. It would absurd to turn people away on the day.

This is Swansea City we're talking about though. Always expect the unexpected.

Most of the South Stand is still free annoyingly
If the stadium which is only three quarters full for the first game of the season doesn't send a message to these owners then I'm not sure what will.

Seems like the fans from our Premier league era have lost interest. It's the amount of families and the next generation of supporters not turning up which are the main concern.

If they can't give away tickets then we really must be awful!
I get this wrong all the time, but I think it is actually the south stand this time? Aren't away fans in the center of the North? That's how it shows on the website anyway

If the stadium which is only three quarters full for the first game of the season doesn't send a message to these owners then I'm not sure what will.

Seems like the fans from our Premier league era have lost interest. It's the amount of families and the next generation of supporters not turning up which are the main concern.
Agreed. Don't think it helps that Cardiff is the following game, so 'on the fencers' are going to stick with that over the first home game. Be surprised if we reach 16k tomorrow

Agreed. Don't think it helps that Cardiff is the following game, so 'on the fencers' are going to stick with that over the first home game. Be surprised if we reach 16k tomorrow
Summer holidays could also be a factor. It would interesting to see a comparison of tomorrows attendance against the fist home game of last season.

Pleasing to note the club have reduced prices for the less glamorous games, it can an expensive hobby going to the football.

It is all about supply and demand, at present the supply (football) is woeful. The manager is a very affable guy which deflects a lot of criticism away from him like it did Martin.

There are only so many times he can come up with the same footballing platitude's. We need to see a brand of football that excites and makes people want to come to games.

Summer holidays could also be a factor. It would interesting to see a comparison of tomorrows attendance against the fist home game of last season.

Since we've been relegated, attendances for the first home game of the season:

2018/19 - 19,352 vs. Preston
2019/20 - 15,751 vs. Hull
2020/21 - 0 vs. Birmingham (COVID)
2021/22 - 15,946 vs. Sheffield United
2022/23 - 16,632 vs. Blackburn
2023/24 - 18,051 vs. Birmingham

Since we've been relegated, attendances for the first home game of the season:

2018/19 - 19,352 vs. Preston
2019/20 - 15,751 vs. Hull
2020/21 - 0 vs. Birmingham (COVID)
2021/22 - 15,946 vs. Sheffield United
2022/23 - 16,632 vs. Blackburn
2023/24 - 18,051 vs. Birmingham
Thanks for posting those figures 👍🏼

I think we will do well to get 15k plus tomorrow.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back