• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Wycombe Wanderers | The Carabao Cup

What I dont understand is that the style of play never reflects how Luke Williams says he wants his team to play which can only be for one of a few reasons

1. the players are incapable of playing the way he wants
2. the players completely ignore what he wants them to do
3. He is talking shit and just says what people want to hear

He has learned much from his former master
Duff was the same, though. Are Grimes and Fulton ignoring what they are told (and if so why do they both get picked) or doing precisely what they were told to do?

Nice guy, zero evidence he can manage a football team since he’s been here, I’d love to see a full list of the “we need tos” that happen every time we don’t win which is most weeks. Plus when we win and play crap, he bigs it up beyond ridicule. Were stuck with him, but there is zero reason for optimism based on what he’s shown so far, and nothing in the players to dig him out of any hole. Not picking the players you’ve highlighted would be a start for sure. Getting them playing the way he does makes it even worse. Not really sure where we go from here. Crossed fingers that it miraculously improves I guess.
I'd love to know what they do on the training pitch.

Duff was the same, though. Are Grimes and Fulton ignoring what they are told (and if so why do they both get picked) or doing precisely what they were told to do?

As you say if they are continually ignoring the manager then they would be dropped surely

The fact that this is how they play would lead me always to conclude they are playing the way that they want to.

Well that and the fact that they arent actually that good

I’d bench them both for the next three games and play some combination of Allen with Franco or Abdullai in midfield.
At the next press conference can't someone (or everyone) ask Williams to explain his rationale for playing Grimes and Fulton? He must have a reason so tell us FFS!

That was one of if not the worst game of football I’ve seen, absolutely spineless performance.

Nice guy, zero evidence he can manage a football team since he’s been here, I’d love to see a full list of the “we need tos” that happen every time we don’t win which is most weeks. Plus when we win and play crap, he bigs it up beyond ridicule. Were stuck with him, but there is zero reason for optimism based on what he’s shown so far, and nothing in the players to dig him out of any hole. Not picking the players you’ve highlighted would be a start for sure. Getting them playing the way he does makes it even worse. Not really sure where we go from here. Crossed fingers that it miraculously improves I guess.
Annoying though those ‘we need to’s’ are, at least he’s dropped Martin’s intensity/domination nonsense. The man never knowingly accepted responsibility for anything. Even a defeat was a victory as long as we had the lion’s share of possession.

My son has a theory that Grimes and Fulton are on a bonus for passing accuracy. Pretty good explanation IMO.

I’d wager Fulton and Grimes have been on the pitch together at some point in almost every single game he’s managed. He’s a joke.
Need to put in a call to Guidolin Coleman. If he answers with “Pronto” just tell him “exactly - we’ll sort out the terms when you get here”

Fair play to the Wycombe fans though didn’t stop singing all match.

Barcelona stopped playing this 'keep it on the ground at all times, bar crosses' because they stopped winning. Everybody knows how to handle it, block the channels forward from the man on the ball, no need to defend areas, rush press when someone at the back gets isolated on the ball, as they will.

Players are so used to having no forward pass available they stop looking and their first and only thought is to pass back. Look at what the player on the ball sees in front of him most of the time, a wall of opposition faces. It's easy to exploit that, there are inevitably large areas left empty, but that means a chip which is not allowed, so pass it back. Dejection sets in, it's boring to watch, it's boring to play.

Football has moved on, this style is out of date, everyone knows the counters, it's only useful as a tool in the box, not as the only tool. It is not the players who are at fault, it is the way they are being told to play.

I like them. I hope they get a nice draw out of this. Deserved winners.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back