• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | WBA v Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Just another appalling performance. Something needs to be done about Grimes and the midfield otherwise we will do this week after week.
And that centre forward is just dreadful. No pace, no creativity, no ability to jump, can’t hold the ball up, can’t test the keeper when one on one, lets the ball under his feet when given a glorious opportunity. Up there with last summer’s signings.
I feel thats a bit harsh on Vipotnik Lisa.
You can't complain that he can't hold it up when we never play the ball to him for him to attempt to hold it up.

How?
is that charlatan Grimes playing for this club. I wish he would just completely eff off. He has got no drive and his crosses are the worst I've seen in 50 years of watching the club. I reckon I could still come and and our players would score from my free kicks or corners. I know he can take a penalty but we don't get any because we are too busy passing it back to the keeper from corners.
just in case, Grimes I hate you, you over rated frisbee catcher

If anything we overplay, we aren't negative football.
An obsession with looking for the perfect opportunity while moving it slowly side to side is the problem.
Then when sides press we either mess up and give up chances or we beat the press and pass it straight back to the defenders who were under pressure.

Just another appalling performance. Something needs to be done about Grimes and the midfield otherwise we will do this week after week.
And that centre forward is just dreadful. No pace, no creativity, no ability to jump, can’t hold the ball up, can’t test the keeper when one on one, lets the ball under his feet when given a glorious opportunity. Up there with last summer’s signings.
And it would appear that if Cullen is injured, our back-up striker is..

*checks notes*

...Ollie Cooper.

You can't complain that he can't hold it up when we never play the ball to him for him to attempt to hold it up.
We did pick him up from the 4th tier of French football, so probably best not to expect too much. How we keep picking duds is anyone’s guess. If this is the result of our ‘stats-driven’ approach, just give me a manager or scout who can spot a player instead.

He is absolutely unable to control the ball at the moment. He looks like he has very slow feet so can’t get in position to control it. And one of the reasons we don’t play it to him as often as we might is because he is static, doesn’t attempt to find space and it’s impossible to play it to him.

We all hope he’ll improve obviously as we have loaned out three centre forwards and brought in one. Why on Earth we didn’t attempt to get one this week is beyond me.

Amazing how we have been planning for this transfer window for ages and for the last 3rd of the match we have Oli Cooper up front. Oli Cooper who at the age of 24 has scored 6 career goals!!!

That is as negative and anti football as it gets.
Our football makes me want to fucking vomit continuously. It wasn't that long ago I was watch the likes of michu and llorente. Fast forward to today when I'm watching non footballers and a mini bus driver. I can't watch this all season.

Amazing how we have been planning for this transfer window for ages and for the last 3rd of the match we have Oli Cooper up front. Oli Cooper who at the age of 24 has scored 6 career goals!!!
Any of the under 21s would have done better than Vipotnik today.

If we weren’t bringing one in, why did we loan one out yesterday? He can’t have been on anything other than low wages. It’s ludicrous.

It's actually clicked with me today what it is most that I can't stand about Grimes.

It's unfair in a way, because it's not all about him. I've said many a time - he's not the worst player we've ever had, nowhere near.

But he's a crutch for the other players. A comfort blanket. Wherever they are on the pitch, they look for him. It doesn't matter what else is going on, there could be a good forward run they might pick out, there could be a more obvious pass available to them. But no. They will look for Grimes. Every single time.

It's not entirely his fault. In fact I feel a bit sorry for him, even he must be pissed off with it by now. But it's absolutely crippling us as a functional football team.

He needs to be dropped - it'll probably do him good, and more importantly it'll force the shirkers and the hiders and the cowards elsewhere in our squad to start taking more responsibility. It's getting beyond a joke now. We'll end up relegated if we don't change this dynamic.

Last edited:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back