• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Shock announcement that Martin has left

Londonlisa2001

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
The club have announced that Russell Martin has gone to Southampton!!

Anyone heard anything about this at all?

Wow.

Hadn't even been mentioned anywhere as far as I can recall, was looking forward to the process maturing next season.

In all seriousness, the club announcement speaks volumes doesn’t it in terms of tone.

Good luck to him - it’s what he’s been working towards all the time he’s been with us. Personal advancement.

I’m sure he hoped he’d advance a little more quickly than a team in the same division but an advancement it is at the moment. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

Ringwood Jack said:
He has his fans but I never was convinced so I'm happy for a reset

I’ve seen some messages on Twitter that genuinely make me wonder if people are watching the same team.

The double over Cardiff twice was great, but there are some that seem to think that’s all that’s important.

It’s difficult to think of any area of genuine advancement that has happened during his two years. I can’t remember a manager who was so overrated by some fans.

I’m genuinely pleased he’s gone.I assumed we’d end up having to sack him.

Next.

Onto the next chap, who some people will fall in love with, some will hate. They'll either be sacked, or move on to a bigger / better club.

Rinse and repeat.

The King is dead, long live the King.

Londonlisa2001 said:
I’ve seen some messages on Twitter that genuinely make me wonder if people are watching the same team.

The double over Cardiff twice was great, but there are some that seem to think that’s all that’s important.

It’s difficult to think of any area of genuine advancement that has happened during his two years. I can’t remember a manager who was so overrated by some fans.

I’m genuinely pleased he’s gone.I assumed we’d end up having to sack him.

Next.

We won 34 out of 92 league games,I honestly don’t get it. :lol:

Londonlisa2001 said:
In all seriousness, the club announcement speaks volumes doesn’t it in terms of tone.

Good luck to him - it’s what he’s been working towards all the time he’s been with us. Personal advancement.

I’m sure he hoped he’d advance a little more quickly than a team in the same division but an advancement it is at the moment. Be interesting to see how he gets on.

It certainly does speak volumes. Where's the usual part of any statement thanking a departing manager and mentioning some of his successes?

Glyn1 said:
It certainly does speak volumes. Where's the usual part of any statement thanking a departing manager and mentioning some of his successes?

It does thank him.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back