• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Should I have a bath?

Just looked on my phone for my steps, Monday to Friday. I’m a car driver and my job is mostly sitting down all day, my average is around 6000 steps a day. I haven’t included the weekend as I’m out for quite a few walks with my dog. Lowest in the week was 4500 steps.

I have an active job where I'm on my feet all night. With dog walking, I'll hit between 23,000/25,000 steps a day. You'll be surprised how many you do without breaking a sweat.

And they will be in the minority, is that clear enough?
Fair enough, I meant the types who jump in a car to go under 0.5 mile journey. Which there are plenty, even seen some people jumping in a car to visit a friend, a 100 metres away.

Fair enough, I meant the types who jump in a car to go under 0.5 mile journey. Which there are plenty, even seen some people jumping in a car to visit a friend, a 100 metres away.
I used to work with a guy who used to drive his car from the watchbox over to the canteen (about 100 yards) twice a shift, I'm not even joking 😂

I used to work with a guy who used to drive his car from the watchbox over to the canteen (about 100 yards) twice a shift, I'm not even joking 😂
I used to use the car regular for short journeys, then one day about say 15 year ago, the car was broke, so I had to walk, it was that day I realised, how unfit I had become, ever since then I'd never take the car on short journeys.

Just looked on my phone for my steps, Monday to Friday. I’m a car driver and my job is mostly sitting down all day, my average is around 6000 steps a day. I haven’t included the weekend as I’m out for quite a few walks with my dog. Lowest in the week was 4500 steps.
Aye aye, you haven’t told us about the ten trips to the coffee machine.

Bit of an eye opener this thread, just been googling steps and so on, and basically under 5000 is considered inactive, where honestly I would have thought, near on 5000 steps, was pretty good.

Apparently 5000 steps equates too about 2 miles.

It’s very rare that I don’t have my phone on me, so step counts are quite accurate.

On the darkest, most miserable winter days, when working from home, I can clock up as little as 600 steps. Start work in the dark, finish after dark, and only get up for toilet or drink. Depressing.

On the other hand, I have broken 30,000 steps quite a few times, especially on a city break. 33,000 on one day in San Francisco last April.

Bit of an eye opener this thread, just been googling steps and so on, and basically under 5000 is considered inactive, where honestly I would have thought, near on 5000 steps, was pretty good.

Apparently 5000 steps equates too about 2 miles.
That’s what I work on, 2500 per mile.

Aye aye, you haven’t told us about the ten trips to the coffee machine.
As it happens, I only drink one cup of coffee, and only when I’m in head office. If I’m not in work or out visiting a site, I don’t drink it.

That’s what I work on, 2500 per mile.
I would say sometimes, it's pretty bloody hard to get over 5000 steps in a day, I would say today, I'll be looking at under a thousand, because I'm just sitting on the sofa watching the footy.

But i suppose looking at it, unless ones job involves a lot of walking, it would be pretty hard to get over 5000 steps a day in the Winter, when it's peeing down as well.

Anyway, did you have a bath in the end?
No..I would have to dust it out, after doing it it just 2 weeks ago, and looking along my podgy frame is just depressing these days...aye...when I were lad, all this were just fields....

I would say sometimes, it's pretty bloody hard to get over 5000 steps in a day, I would say today, I'll be looking at under a thousand, because I'm just sitting on the sofa watching the footy.

But i suppose looking at it, unless ones job involves a lot of walking, it would be pretty hard to get over 5000 steps a day in the Winter, when it's peeing down as well.
That’s what I said above. On the worst days it’s 500 steps, not 5000.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back