• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Should I have a bath?

I am not sure how old you are mate, but you should get into it.. Obviously that hill is a nightmare, try a gentle hill like from the new police station to the top by the lady of lourdes, I did that in 17 minutes a few weeks ago.. I will only get better!!

How long do you think it would take you from say the Tenby to the top?
[/QUOTE]

My father is approaching 60, and he lifts carpets for a living, his knees have gone, his back has gone, and he's still going somehow, another carpet carrier is 63 and he's still lifting

12 minutes up constitution hill, I once had to lift a carpet on constitution hill, don't talk about it, the stairs are the real killer.. but the hardest job of all was pick and shovel when I was 16, for 6 months the two old c*nts had me shoveling and picking for eternity, god knows how the African slaves can do it, 5 hours every day, except when i had to water the plants

And do you know what hit home? One of the hardest walks I have had, not sure of the name of the street, but it's in uplands, the street where Dylan Thomas was born, ferk me, now that is a bloody grind, sure it's just as steep as constintual hill. Grr whats the name of the road, I am going to look it up now,

Ahh Cwmdonkin drive, that's a bloody killer.

Had some time on my hands lately and started swimming 4 days a week followed by 10 minutes in the steam room and 10 minutes in the jacuzzi.

I turned down a free night on the piss for a swim on Thursday and honestly it's changed everything for me. I'm happier more alert and just feel much better about everything. If I'm stressed, boom half hour of swimming and that stress has gone.

Had some time on my hands lately and started swimming 4 days a week followed by 10 minutes in the steam room and 10 minutes in the jacuzzi.

I turned down a free night on the piss for a swim on Thursday and honestly it's changed everything for me. I'm happier more alert and just feel much better about everything. If I'm stressed, boom half hour of swimming and that stress has gone.
I enjoy a swim. I go at least twice a week, three work permitting.

I enjoy a swim. I go at least twice a week, three work permitting.
I was going four times a week and loved every minute of it. Just started a new job and it's really interfered with my exercise regime.

Pain in the arse going outside of off peaks hours 😂

And that's what it all about. I am doing the same, Just exercising.. Obviously I have drunk tonight, and that's the first time since last Sunday, and beer nearly finished now..

Lol there are not many people on here that will take those hills on, I guarantee you. They talk the talk, it would cripple half of them walking up from the police station to the lady of lourdes in under 15 mins.. :)

Under 55's need not apply.

I would love to know your timings.. Be true..

I was going four times a week and loved every minute of it. Just started a new job and it's really interfered with my exercise regime.

Pain in the arse going outside of off peaks hours 😂
I’m not a fitness freak by any stretch as anyone who knows me will testify. I started swimming not long after my 50th a few years back. I was hideously bad at it and it was quite embarrassing not being able to get from one end of the pool to the other without stopping for a breather. But the others in the pool were really supportive so stuck with it and kept going. I really enjoy it now, made a few good friendsand miss it when I can’t go like this week. I’ve lost a couple of stone but more importantly it gives me a mental focus.

And that's what it all about. I am doing the same, Just exercising.. Obviously I have drunk tonight, and that's the first time since last Sunday, and beer nearly finished now..

Lol there are not many people on here that will take those hills on, I guarantee you. They talk the talk, it would cripple half of them walking up from the police station to the lady of lourdes in under 15 mins.. :)
I've had a drink today as well. I guess everything in moderation is good and it's not about feeling guilty about doing so.

Just like going over the top with exercise, all about balance. I like this site because it's filled with a variety of personalities all from different backgrounds with contrasting views.

It's ok to disagree without a vendetta being carried over if that makes sense.

I’m not a fitness freak by any stretch as anyone who knows me will testify. I started swimming not long after my 50th a few years back. I was hideously bad at it and it was quite embarrassing not being able to get from one end of the pool to the other without stopping for a breather. But the others in the pool were really supportive so stuck with it and kept going. I really enjoy it now, made a few good friendsand miss it when I can’t go like this week. I’ve lost a couple of stone but more importantly it gives me a mental focus.
Same here. I went on holidays last year and had bigger tits than my Missess.

Took redundancy at the end of March and wanted a routine so joined the Village Gym and went swimming to relieve the boredom if that makes sense.

Went from not being able to swim two lengths to now swimming 100 without stopping.

The mental focus is so powerful.

Well done, I am a useless swimmer, I would classify myself as a doggy paddler, in other words happy to tread water.

Well done, I am a useless swimmer, I would classify myself as a doggy paddler, in other words happy to tread water.
Same here, my outlook is little and often is better than none at all.

Swimming works every party of you from your muscles to you brain.

More than happy to join you for a swim if it helps 🤷🏻‍♂️

God this forums turning queer, fancy going for a swim, fancy the sauna after, ooh maybe a massage, maybe watch a film afterwards

Wtf is going on mun

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back