• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Signs that you have gotten (not are getting) old

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 45
  • Views: Views 1,773

Glyn1

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
As happened to me this evening, When you're at an ordinary pub with 50 people in it and you are definitely the oldest there. And when did Thursday after work become as busy as Friday after work?

When someone asked if the Beach Boys were Classical Music (admittedly, he's not the brightest).

Any others that you have from your own experiences?

Finish work on Friday - at home the choice is a can of cider or a cup of tea.

The cup of tea wins.

Glasses next for me as reading small print at arms length no longer works. Wearing glasses seems an easier option than an arm extension operation.

exiledclaseboy said:
Using the word “gotten”.

It could also be a sign that Glyn is turning American.

Anyway, nice day out. Have a great day y’all.

Radio 2 instead of Radio 1 and all commercial stations , music today , bah humbug . :)

When new people start doing your job and you find yourself telling them that you’ve been doing this for 25 years and you realise they weren’t born then, and you don’t understand a word they say, and when you realise you can’t play football anymore because it hurts when you kick a ball, the list goes on….

Jack2jack said:
Hair growing from your ears,wtf if that all about.

And your nose. Both replacing the hair missing from the top of your head.

Standing in the queue at the shop and someone taps you on the shoulder to tell you that you haven't any trousers and pants on...

J_B said:
Jack2jack said:
Hair growing from your ears,wtf if that all about.

And your nose. Both replacing the hair missing from the top of your head.
🙂 Shaving my ears twice a week, if I didnt I look like a werewolf, not a good look.👍

Instead of losing your shit and yelling at kids throwing litter in the street you just 'tut"
When you go to a pub and it's over £4 .80 a pint you just "tut"

People under the age of 25 saying they bought something after they saw someone with it on Tick Tock

Not wanting to be out after it gets dark.

Leaving for a destination early so as to beat the traffic

Forgetting your reading glasses when going shopping and becoming 'that' old person who struggles to read the labels.

Glyn1 said:
As happened to me this evening, When you're at an ordinary pub with 50 people in it and you are definitely the oldest there. And when did Thursday after work become as busy as Friday after work?

When someone asked if the Beach Boys were Classical Music (admittedly, he's not the brightest).

Any others that you have from your own experiences?

Just read this "When someone asked if the Beach Boys were Classical Music (admittedly, he's not the brightest)" and it instantly reminded me of this Classic :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efBBWQ622-s&ab_channel=BritBox

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back