• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

So you're the manager...

thefranchise

Alan Waddle
Reaction score
We're in a bit of a slump, how do you turn it around?

Not a rant thread, just curious to see what people think.

thefranchise said:
We're in a bit of a slump, how do you turn it around?

Not a rant thread, just curious to see what people think.

You simply have to make a change up front - Ayew and Lowe are shot and yet they play week in week out

Arriola/Whittaker give options there even if its just for a game or two.

At least one of Smith or Fulton should start every game to provide the bite to the midfield and use Grimes/Hourihane/Dhanda in rotation -

The defence needs Bennett in it - keeping him fit is essential and its time to remind both Roberts and Bidwell that they have defensive duties first and foremost

Think we need to go 4-3-3 and surprise teams again because right now we are not

Bidwell and Roberts aren't attacking anymore so wing backs are pretty much null and void

Woodman
Roberts - Bennett - Guehi - Bidwell
Smith - Grimes - Hourihane
Arriola - Ayew - Lowe

I'd consider swapping Lowe/Ayew for Whittaker or another but options are suddenly so low

Norwich had a blip. Brentford had a blip. Are we not allowed one? Cooper will keep working the same way and hes earned that right. For now.

We need Lowe to find his shooting boots again. So if I was the manager that would be high on my list of things to do.

Captain_Sham said:
Norwich had a blip. Brentford had a blip. Are we not allowed one? Cooper will keep working the same way and hes earned that right. For now.

Fair point but I'd ask is ours a blip or a slump.. He's earned the right to keep it the same way but that will be our downfall

Captain_Sham said:
We need Lowe to find his shooting boots again. So if I was the manager that would be high on my list of things to do.

I think they are in the drawer under the coffee machine ;)

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Captain_Sham said:

Fair point but I'd ask is ours a blip or a slump.. He's earned the right to keep it the same way but that will be our downfall
Time will tell. If we lose again then we enter the 7th Circle of hell. Slump confirmed.

Captain_Sham said:
Nocountryforoldjack said:
Time will tell. If we lose again then we enter the 7th Circle of hell. Slump confirmed.

We'll soon find out as they say in the trade innit.

PSumbler said:
its time to remind both Roberts and Bidwell that they have defensive duties first and foremost

It feels like most of our goals have come from the wingbacks either directly or indirectly this season. Tie them up and our attacking options look even bleaker

BLAZE said:
PSumbler said:
its time to remind both Roberts and Bidwell that they have defensive duties first and foremost

It feels like most of our goals have come from the wingbacks either directly or indirectly this season. Tie them up and our attacking options look even bleaker

I'm not saying take them out of the attacking play but they don't drop back as much as they used to which I think is leaving the back 3 more exposed then we were

But it also isnt helped by a powderpuff midfield that was populated by Grimes, Hourihane and Dhanda.

For me we don't have enough strikers to play Ayew and Lowe together, we only have one option off the bench so one of those two is playing all the time.

What is the point of having some depth if its just filling the bench too?

Go 433

Play Lowe, keep Ayew on the bench and swap when needed.

Bidwell and Roberts like to attack, put fullbacks behind them or play actual wingers? I think both are fit and creative enough to play wider, they can be a defensive shield when needed.

Hourihane in behind the striker, play as a number ten with Grimes and Smith/Fulton controlling behind.

Centre backs are whoever is fit.

We don't exactly make it difficult for our opponent's game analysts, we don't change lineups or make substitutions. It's ok being predictable if teams can't deal with the football we play. Sadly they have been for weeks.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back