• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

So you're the manager...

thefranchise said:
For me we don't have enough strikers to play Ayew and Lowe together, we only have one option off the bench so one of those two is playing all the time.

What is the point of having some depth if its just filling the bench too?

Go 433

Play Lowe, keep Ayew on the bench and swap when needed.

Bidwell and Roberts like to attack, put fullbacks behind them or play actual wingers? I think both are fit and creative enough to play wider, they can be a defensive shield when needed.

Hourihane in behind the striker, play as a number ten with Grimes and Smith/Fulton controlling behind.

Centre backs are whoever is fit.

We don't exactly make it difficult for our opponent's game analysts job hard, we don't change lineups or make substitutions. It's ok being predictable if teams can't deal with the football we play. Sadly they have been for weeks.

The big problem with that plan is Lowe has been a shadow of his scoring self. Apart from that one shot on goal he was rubbish today.

Cooper made a lot about the squad strength, first after selling Rodon and bringing a few in and then in January after bringing in a few more.

Why doesn’t he use it?

Nocountryforoldjack said:
thefranchise said:
For me we don't have enough strikers to play Ayew and Lowe together, we only have one option off the bench so one of those two is playing all the time.

What is the point of having some depth if its just filling the bench too?

Go 433

Play Lowe, keep Ayew on the bench and swap when needed.

Bidwell and Roberts like to attack, put fullbacks behind them or play actual wingers? I think both are fit and creative enough to play wider, they can be a defensive shield when needed.

Hourihane in behind the striker, play as a number ten with Grimes and Smith/Fulton controlling behind.

Centre backs are whoever is fit.

We don't exactly make it difficult for our opponent's game analysts job hard, we don't change lineups or make substitutions. It's ok being predictable if teams can't deal with the football we play. Sadly they have been for weeks.

The big problem with that plan is Lowe has been a shadow of his scoring self. Apart from that one shot on goal he was rubbish today.

Any of the 3 would do, we play with too many strikers for the number of strikers we have.

thefranchise said:

Any of the 3 would do, we play with too many strikers for the number of strikers we have.

We don't really have any strikers at the moment

thefranchise said:

Fuck you're hard work.

We have 3 players who we use upfront.

Ayew
Lowe
Whittaker

thefranchise said:

f**k you're hard work.

We have 3 players who we use upfront.

Ayew
Lowe
Whittaker

Yeah I wasn't trying to be awkward... I meant out and out strikers, I worded it badly.

4 at the back doesnt work ffs, do people rememeber how poor we were prior to switching to back 3??

We have to go back to the midfield three of Fulton, Grimes & Smith for Stoke.

I think everything went pretty well until we scored. The manager needs to stop drilling negativity into them when we are ahead and to make subs when it's obviously needed. Not easy to get the second one right but our mindset when we are ahead...sheesh. Just put our foot on their throat.

eteb said:
4 at the back doesnt work ffs, do people rememeber how poor we were prior to switching to back 3??

Ok so that's your input.

The same argument can be said out about our 3 right now.

monmouth said:
I think everything went pretty well until we scored. The manager needs to stop drilling negativity into them when we are ahead and to make subs when it's obviously needed. Not easy to get the second one right but our mindset when we are ahead...sheesh. Just put our foot on their throat.

Our 532 with a stronger middle 3 could help. Dhanda, Hourihane and Grimes doesn't have enough bite in it. We need to make it work with Hourihane as he scores.

thefranchise said:
monmouth said:

Our 532 with a stronger middle 3 could help. Dhanda, Hourihane and Grimes doesn't have enough bite in it. We need to make it work with Hourihane as he scores.

It worked ell enough until we retreated 20 yards as a collective though?

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back