• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SOME SITE FEATURES

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have input some site features this morning.

Dark Mode - a request hangover from the previous board. There is a link just under the site banner to switch to dark mode. Once in dark mode, that will naturally become light mode. ;) :mrgreen:

Upload an Avatar - the avatars have not made the journey between the two boards. :cry: You can upload a new avatar by clicking http://philips7.sg-host.com/forum/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=avatar

Topic author - as you scroll through threads as they get longer then the post author will be noted as well as the number of posts on that topic of each person.

Social media widgets - have added the buttons to the first post in a topic to allow sharing to the main social media networks. Please let me know if there are any you would like added.

Quote nesting - the maximum number of nested quotes is three. This should make the board easier to read, however please shout if you want that higher/lower

Please add to this particular thread if there are things that you want to see added

Hi Phil Like the look of the new place, but I could not see anywhere to like or dislike posts. It makes the whole place much spicier!

BrynCartwright said:
Hi Phil Like the look of the new place, but I could not see anywhere to like or dislike posts. It makes the whole place much spicier!

Because you asked you are now the first person to get a like. Very few forums these days offer a "dislike" button so mart6's purpose has disappeared again :lol: There is a way as well - as time elapses - to see those who get most likes and also those who give the most.

You can take the like away after giving it if you so wish... I won't do it to you ! :lol:

Phil - any particular reason your username is in red bold text on a light grey (?) text background (not the same grey as the page background). Is there some significance to this format? Other usernames seem to be in black.

It is (was) the default colour for the site admin.

Will all Private messages be lost in the new move,Phil

PSumbler said:
BrynCartwright said:

Because you asked you are now the first person to get a like. Very few forums these days offer a "dislike" button so mart6's purpose has disappeared again :lol: There is a way as well - as time elapses - to see those who get most likes and also those who give the most.

You can take the like away after giving it if you so wish... I won't do it to you ! :lol:

Many thanks Phil. All this must be very time consuming for you. All of us on PS do appreciate it.

Will there be the option to ask a poll on a certain topic, as in the pie chart style phenomenon we used to abuse on the old PS? I cannot see that option at present.

Regards

Bryn

All PMs will be lost but there is of course a PM function on here.

For polls - available on the first post in a topic :D

Using my iPhone, if I choose “Home” it takes me to the “Home” page as expected, but when trying to leave this page by selecting the 3 bars menu it takes you to the correct menus but on selecting one of these eg. “Football Board” it does not go back to the “Football Board”.
Seems fine on iPad as the individual menus are available straight away but only if in landscape mode.
Hope I’ve explained this well enough, but then it could just be technophobe me.

Testicle testicle 1-2

Looks like I'm up and running. My eyes are appreciative of Dark Mode :cool:

One suggestion/question.

Is it possible at the top of the board instead of having "Home<Board Index<etc" to just have links to the separate forums?

Also, beware that the Avatar police will be here at some point to demand the avatars be on the left-hand side of the post, because that matters.

EDIT: actually, it looks like there are a few layouts available in the control panel and at least one of them puts the avatar on the left.

I can’t decide whether I prefer dark or light mode. It’s a poser and no mistake.

Dr. Winston said:
One suggestion/question.

Is it possible at the top of the board instead of having "Home<Board Index<etc" to just have links to the separate forums?

Yes I would imagine that's possible. Whether I can be arsed is a different matter...

Can't we just go back to unreserved bleating?
https://web.archive.org/web/20051201172625/http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=971&p=16&style=1&forumId=6475

Topic view, natch ;)

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back