• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper - an appreciation

I still think we were nicer on the eye and more enjoyable to watch last season. Some of those goals will go down as classics, especially in the cup run. Credit where it's due though - when it matters he's pulling out the stops.

It's taken me a while to appreciate the defensive improvement this year, especially at set pieces. It was quite hard to appreciate it at times too in fairness, as we went on that longish miserable run mid-season, especially at home. But remember last year when it seemed that every time a team put in a deep cross from a set piece we were in trouble. None of that this year (I hope I haven't jinxed that for tomorrow :?)

KrunchyKarrot said:
Belfy said:
You won't get too many responses to this thread, too many have totally destroyed him. Step up Jack's.

Cooper has done well in my eyes i think that we have been naive at times and thrown away points especially at home. He has brought in players who have improved us and also played some of our youngsters who i would have liked to have seen some more of. But due to some of our players switching off at times we have hovered in and about play off places limiting opportunities.

I have criticized Ayew at times this season and fans wont have any of it, instead having a right go at our young captain. When you challenge them with what or who they come up with AA or MVDH the same players who wanted out season start or no answer, glad Grimes has come through the flak it will make us stronger.

Cooper is good coaching kids, MM is looking a great requisition worked wonders in my opinion and it wouldnt be the end of the world if we stayed put and built a better spine/squad to go straight up. Because with all the Jack eyed optimism i honestly couldnt go through spending vast ammounts of money on mercenary barsixes stunting our growth. Buy Woodman if affordable develop, if not use Bender, keep experienced honest pros around like Wayne and Kyle and build a stronger squad to go up or have another shot.

Mind you i still want to go up this year and ill have to suffer thats football.

We've not seen enough from Ayew this year. Sunday showed what he's capable of, but he's gone missing too many times n games over the course of the season. Typically he's involved in the first half and then disappears in the second. I've been harsh on him because we all know what he can bring when he's on his game.

It'll be harder next year as the parachute payments fall substantially, so the owners will want us to offload most of those who signed deals in the PL. Now's the time. We need to grab the chance.

I was one who criticised him this season for sure but you have to give him credit for getting is onto the playoffs, still don't really know what to make of him as a manager though, guess he's that type. Maybe he needs a few seasons to really get it, we forget sometimes how new he is to club management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=4q8inM0gKVo&feature=emb_logo

Fireboy said:
Belfy said:
You won't get too many responses to this thread, too many have totally destroyed him. Step up Jack's.

I for one have lambasted him on occasions but rightly so, he has the opportunity many occasions to make substitutions but didnt and not done so resulting in us losing points and is still doing it.

Imo he doesnt make substitutions because he doesnt trust his subs as he thinks they arent upto the standard of any of the starting eleven, by doing this it is making it even worse for him as these players arent getting game time which I hope doesn't bite us on the arse tomorrow, we got away with it on sunday but I doubt we will tomorrow.

We have been lucky to get 6th in one respect as other teams have capitulated allowing us to sneak in, on another side we have played well after the lockdown so thoroughly deserve our 6th place.

I’m not saying of course what he has done was some sort of master plan mate, he was brand new to this and has gradually gained momentum over the past six months. I know it sounds mad but if we can keep him for next season we should be happy, regardless of what league we are in.

He definitely deserves the plaudits for what he has done with limited squad, imagine if the yanks had backed him in certain positions, we could have done even better.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back