• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper on verge of Swansea exit

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/07/17/steve-cooper-on-verge-of-swansea-exit/

Make of this what you will but having run this website for 20 years it would be extremely rare for me to jump in on this without a level of certainty

PSumbler said:

Make of this what you will but having run this website for 20 years it would be extremely rare for me to jump in on this without a level of certainty

Wow! Perfect timing! (slaps head)

Garyjack said:
PSumbler said:

Wow! Perfect timing! (slaps head)

Not in Ayatollah fashion I hope?

Darran mentioned it last night, it has all been quiet but now 3 weeks before the season I’m abit disappointed if he leaves now, I was confident in seeing in different style this season with a proper striker in place, just hassle we don’t need at this point.

Why has Walsh and Joseph signed when they stated the manager was a huge influence? Only this morning the club have posted training ground photos with Cooper there beaming smiling.

Swansea93 said:
Darran mentioned it last night, it has all been quiet but now 3 weeks before the season I’m abit disappointed if he leaves now, I was confident in seeing in different style this season with a proper striker in place, just hassle we don’t need at this point.

Why has Walsh and Joseph signed when they stated the manager was a huge influence? Only this morning the club have posted training ground photos with Cooper there beaming smiling.

As I said above, happy for people to disagree it's part of writing articles is all about and I certainly am not going to talk down your points but I remain the same in that I wouldnt have posted that if I didnt believe it to be true.

Only the future will prove it one way or the other :shock:

As long as we have a manager already lined up this is fine, losing like 2 weeks of preseason picking a new manager would not be acceptable

bakajack said:
As long as we have a manager already lined up this is fine, losing like 2 weeks of preseason picking a new manager would not be acceptable

If Cooper did go, I still think it most likely they’d appoint Toshack.

Big scoop for PS if it turns out to be true. First with the news.

exiledclaseboy said:

I thought for a moment you meant Phil Sumbler, could only imagine Darran twitching in a corner

exiledclaseboy said:

You're a well connected man have you heard anything? Maybe from a Dave in the pub?

Struggling to fathom this (in the event of the rumours being true). Has Cooper realised he'd rather get out before his stock lowers after his failure to get the Fulham/Palace jobs? Mutual consent so assume he'll get some pay off but not a lot? There's no obvious currently vacant jobs out there - unless he thinks releasing himself from his contract & compo will cause other clubs to act?

From the clubs viewpoint it's a weird one too, we'll have to pay him out now. Although if the club think his heart isn't in it, it maybe a small price to pay following the failure to get compo for him.

But then again we've recently signed players that supposedly he's had a say in signing and even signed Margetsons son who'd surely leave too?

I'm just baffled by it.

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

You're a well connected man have you heard anything? Maybe from a Dave in the pub?

Only what I read on here. Haven’t heard from Dai in a while.

exiledclaseboy said:
PSumbler said:

Only what I read on here. Haven’t heard from Dai in a while.

Downside of lockdowns and Covid restrictions I fear

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back