• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper on verge of Swansea exit

PSumbler said:
3swan said:
I'll be first. I know nothing

i can verify this information. He does indeed know nothing.

I knew that if I worded it in such a way I would be setting somebody up. You were on the short list :D It's just my wit or half ;)

A4Jack said:
Is it a statement from the club with the Cooper interview or changing nothing?

What I would say is it is remarkable timing and maybe slightly left field but I don't believe it changes anything. Always happy to stand by what I have written, if it turns out to be wrong then so be it, I have thick enough skin to take the flak and it will make an awful lot of people on Twitter very happy :lol:

3swan said:
PSumbler said:
i can verify this information. He does indeed know nothing.

I knew that if I worded it in such a way I would be setting somebody up. You were on the short list :D It's just my wit or half ;)

Even Korey Smith couldn't miss that one

PSumbler said:
3swan said:

Even Korey Smith couldn't miss that one

Renato Sanches then

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColonelH2/status/1416435271353176068

Not sure who this fella is but let’s just see what happens in the next week or so before making comments to Phil.

PSumbler said:
magicdaps said:
Is there something that people know that they aren't saying?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the story to suggest he's actually going, other than that he's been quiet. He's since done an interview today. It's hardly going to the busiest time for an interview, at the beginning of pre-season.

I'm sure he'd have gone to Fulham or Palace if he'd have had the chance to, but there's no obvious move for him, we're signing players and I'm not sure he's on the 'verge' of anything.

Maybe he is, and there's some stuff being told behind the scenes that I'm not aware of, but would anyone be kind enough to share what exactly that is?

As I said when I first posted this article. After 20 years of experience on websites I would not post an article on anything I believe to be untrue or without verifying what I am hearing (so in short Darran making a post would not be enough :lol: ) but at the same time I would never reveal any source of information largely because it could compromise them because it may just be obvious where it has come from but also because actually if I said "someone at the club told me" it doesn't make it any more credible unless you want it to.

You can choose to believe the story or not - that is entirely everyone's prerogative but I think it is fair to say that I'm sure you appreciate the story isn't really about the silence (or silence before today...coincidence?) but a whole host of events together with some good (or I believe to be good) information.

That's fine and fair enough, it's just reading things like this tend to lean me towards thinking that this is more speculation then anything, as I don't think it's the only solution that make sense.

"Why is the manager not speaking? Why is he not visible? It can only be because he is wanting out, the club know he wants out and both have agreed that he carries on until the package is agreed. Cooper may be on the verge of a departure but it will be clear that there is some package to be negotiated to make that happen first. It is the only real solution that makes any sense."

It's not that I don't believe it, or that I don't think you believe it, just that whatever's actually news worthy here isn't in the article. I know that in your position you'll definitely know people within the club, and it's fine that you don't want to reveal it but as someone who isn't privy to that information, I'm here left wanting the story more than anything. I guess we'll find out in the next week or so.

magicdaps said:
PSumbler said:
As I said when I first posted this article. After 20 years of experience on websites I would not post an article on anything I believe to be untrue or without verifying what I am hearing (so in short Darran making a post would not be enough :lol: ) but at the same time I would never reveal any source of information largely because it could compromise them because it may just be obvious where it has come from but also because actually if I said "someone at the club told me" it doesn't make it any more credible unless you want it to.

You can choose to believe the story or not - that is entirely everyone's prerogative but I think it is fair to say that I'm sure you appreciate the story isn't really about the silence (or silence before today...coincidence?) but a whole host of events together with some good (or I believe to be good) information.

That's fine and fair enough, it's just reading things like this tend to lean me towards thinking that this is more speculation then anything, as I don't think it's the only solution that make sense.

"Why is the manager not speaking? Why is he not visible? It can only be because he is wanting out, the club know he wants out and both have agreed that he carries on until the package is agreed. Cooper may be on the verge of a departure but it will be clear that there is some package to be negotiated to make that happen first. It is the only real solution that makes any sense."

It's not that I don't believe it, or that I don't think you believe it, just that whatever's actually news worthy here isn't in the article. I know that in your position you'll definitely know people within the club, and it's fine that you don't want to reveal it but as someone who isn't privy to that information, I'm here left wanting the story more than anything. I guess we'll find out in the next week or so.

Sometimes you have to read into what is not specifically said but more where it is pointing if that makes sense.

As you said we will see, the future will tell the answer!

PSumbler said:
magicdaps said:

Sometimes you have to read into what is not specifically said but more where it is pointing if that makes sense.

I'm assuming that Cooper knows f*ck all about it, with his interview a few minutes ago, these Americans eh

exiledclaseboy said:
Big scoop for PS if it turns out to be true. First with the news.

How very ...Loyal of you. :lol:

PSumbler said:
3swan said:
I heard a couple of weeks ago about a new coach. The name Turner was mentioned.

595fbb9ab82fd935b5c1ee2b_turners-web-image23.jpg

Surely not?

He's very good defensively, he knows how to park the bus.

I'll get my coat.

Cooper's given an interview on the official site about the friendly win today over Newport amongst other things? Does that sound like a manager that's negotiating a mutual agreement to leave?

Chief said:
Cooper's given an interview on the official site about the friendly win today over Newport amongst other things? Does that sound like a manager that's negotiating a mutual agreement to leave?

Maybe the Americans have leaked their intentions and are querying wether to give him the boot? Phil?

The 4th "Cooper certain to leave" post of the summer. Not even as accurate as a stopped clock.

Chief said:

Did he say that any of the rumours were rubbish and he is definitely staying - as said happy to be wrong on this if that is how it turns out but I still have no reason to doubt what I have been told.

And to Sham - just cheer up is it? ;) :lol: Whats the point of a forum if you don't have debate and discussion.

Skippyjack said:
PSumbler said:

I'm assuming that Cooper knows f*ck all about it, with his interview a few minutes ago, these Americans eh

You could assume that but it doesn't necessarily follow

Anyway on a lighter note I have a week off work and that makes me happy and makes me remember that this is football. It's just a game.

If this information - which came from a very good source - is proved to be correct. If it is right I will be happy as the football standard may improve. If it isn't then I will happily admit it was wrong but it's largely tiring with some of the comments that come back which frankly are not constructive or worthy of debate. That is largely twitter mind which has amused me no end this afternoon.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back