• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper on verge of Swansea exit

Captain_Sham said:
Some ideas for future stories .
1) Is Cooper going?
2) Is Copper staying?
3) Where will Cooperbe this coming season.
4) Cooper certain to leave (Mk v)
5) Do the Shake and Vac
6) Errrrr
7) Thats it.

Of course you jave a choice not to read them ...

It's quite tiring to see constant dissing of the work tnat goes into the site

PSumbler said:
Captain_Sham said:
Some ideas for future stories .
1) Is Cooper going?
2) Is Copper staying?
3) Where will Cooperbe this coming season.
4) Cooper certain to leave (Mk v)
5) Do the Shake and Vac
6) Errrrr
7) Thats it.

Of course you also have a choice not to read my posts. Who gives a fk what I think. You certainly shouldn't. No else does. And rightly so. I don't doubt you work hard and I'm not dissing the site. You cant expect only positive feedback though. You are not in the right arena to have thin skin. For what its worth I would expect a site called Swans news to have actual news in it. Not speculation and certainly not personal opinion. Whatever that site is, it isnt news. Call a spade a spade.

Cooper comments quoted in the Wales Online are really weird. What does he mean no official updates, on what exactly? This situation is now untenable and if it is allowed to carry on any longer will lead to a difficult start to the season.

Captain_Sham said:
PSumbler said:

Of course you also have a choice not to read my posts. Who gives a fk what I think. You certainly shouldn't. No else does. And rightly so. I don't doubt you work hard and I'm not dissing the site. You cant expect only positive feedback though. You are not in the right arena to have thin skin. For what its worth I would expect a site called Swans news to have actual news in it. Not speculation and certainly not personal opinion. Whatever that site is, it isnt news. Call a spade a spade.

Oh I have exceptionally thick skin trust me but the site is Planet Swans (until I get off my arse and deliver Plexit) which is about news and opinion

And the Cooper stuff was both

You can call a spade a spade but when it's a fork it wouldn't be right :D

monmouth said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Yep, they certainly will. Things have suddenly got a lot tougher. I’m a bit torn. Some of our negativity bored me sh*tless last year, but we did well in the league. A bit like when Monk was here. If we could guarantee a change that would deliver attractive attacking football, I’d be very up for a change. Not that easy though is it?

Stick with nurse for fear of worse never won any prizes. Still, we’ll either see a new vibrant approach with new players tonight, more Cooperwang or just The Amazing Gunterama. Place your bets. If he’s still here let’s hope he actually develops himself and the team. Fat chance, but I live in Hope City Arizona.
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we may well have "peaked" in this current playing style under Cooper, so personally I don't see us advancing on the previous two seasons (especially now that the parachute payments have dried up). Contrary to last time we went up, we all were pretty sure we would be battered in the PL under Cooper - so we know this style doesn't really have a future. The big question is that if (hopefully) he goes, will Winter et al recognise the playing style needs to change, and importantly have the patience for the results to initially suffer while said new style is established. Personally, I doubt it.

How long can he stay on this verge? He's been on it for 4 days he must have a negotiator trying to talk him down. Jump man Jump.

This whole saga doesn't reflect well on Winter at all I'm sorry to say.

To let this go on and on so close to the season is a complete shambles and doesn't help our cause at all for next season. He needs to hope he has his replacement ready to go.

Risc said:

To let this go on and on so close to the season is a complete shambles and doesn't help our cause at all for next season. He needs to hope he has his replacement ready to go.

Winter of discontent on the way...

Risc said:

A replacement who has the ability/contacts to bring in some players at the level of Guehi, Gallagher, MGW, Brewster, even Woodman we're in trouble.

Last night was a friendly but that 11 was close to full strength which is worrying.

Risc said:

The whole saga doesn’t reflect well on anyone running the club. Simple as that. Winter may have been tearing his hair out over it all as far as we know,

Guidolin’s dismissal for Bradley, Sigurdsson transfer, Rodon transfer, this shambles. Everyone keeps blaming other parties - there’s one consistent thread.

It’s been obvious that he’s off for ages (even before the end of last season). I’d be gobsmacked if it’s anyone but Cameron Toshack. I’ve been convinced for weeks he’s taking over.

Be interesting to see what other names are in the frame when the bookies start their new manager betting.

Chief said:
Risc said:

A replacement who has the ability/contacts to bring in some players at the level of Guehi, Gallagher, MGW, Brewster, even Woodman we're in trouble.

Last night was a friendly but that 11 was close to full strength which is worrying.

Our centre half pairing last night was as bad as I’ve seen. Not talking about mistakes as such - it’s preseason, but the lack of pace was unbelievable.

That team needs some serious investment of talent. Awful.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back