• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper on verge of Swansea exit

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:
Having known Phil personally from not long after he took control of the old JA.net site, i can guarantee you that this is something he would never make up just to get site hits.

Absolutely no way would I. Would only ever post things I believe yo be true

As Risc said above I believed it to be true, I actually still do as it happens although the odd doubt maybe creeping in 🤣

However interesting to see all the reports about Bannan today another one I was accused of making up 🤣
Please accpet my apologies Phil, I am a cyncical so and so though...and given the evidence it seems strange Cooper is due to depart (without another job) seems strange given we seem to have signed a player he has pursued ( Piroes) ,he knew Walsh and Walsh is qouted about how Cooper persuaded him to come here etc, Cooper leading preseason shaping how the team will play,....but then what do I know..maybe someone at or close to the club believesd he was off to the Engalnd U21 gig and then Chinese whispers...reminds me of the Potter walking away rumour just beofre the start of the 2018 season sparked by an ITK tweet from the son of a certain legend!

Vetchonian said:
PSumbler said:
Absolutely no way would I. Would only ever post things I believe yo be true

As Risc said above I believed it to be true, I actually still do as it happens although the odd doubt maybe creeping in 🤣

However interesting to see all the reports about Bannan today another one I was accused of making up 🤣
Please accpet my apologies Phil, I am a cyncical so and so though...and given the evidence it seems strange Cooper is due to depart (without another job) seems strange given we seem to have signed a player he has pursued ( Piroes) ,he knew Walsh and Walsh is qouted about how Cooper persuaded him to come here etc, Cooper leading preseason shaping how the team will play,....but then what do I know..maybe someone at or close to the club believesd he was off to the Engalnd U21 gig and then Chinese whispers...reminds me of the Potter walking away rumour just beofre the start of the 2018 season sparked by an ITK tweet from the son of a certain legend!

No apologies are needed - the point (for me) of the website and the articles on it is to allow the debate and a difference of opinion to take place. An article like that will always have it's doubters (and I have seen plenty of them over time where I have been that doubter)

I would never read much into the Walsh comments. No player will ever say "I cam here even though the manager I thought was a bit of a turd" he will always talk it up etc

FWIW I have also now heard the same story about Cooper from a completely different person (still not Darran :lol: ) who is adamant that it will be happening (Cooper leaving) but I do have my doubts now but that still doesn't say that it wasn't right at the time on Saturday. His comments on Saturday were very interestingly timed to say the least.

I'm happy to be wrong and I certainly don't have any issue with people who doubt the credibility of the stories but - as per the transfer window thread - Bannan and Garner were here before anywhere else and one of those came from the same source... :lol:

I am also adamant that Cooper will leave - eventually. Don't ask me when as I'm sworn to secrecy. :D

PSumbler said:
Vetchonian said:

No apologies are needed - the point (for me) of the website and the articles on it is to allow the debate and a difference of opinion to take place. An article like that will always have it's doubters (and I have seen plenty of them over time where I have been that doubter)

I would never read much into the Walsh comments. No player will ever say "I cam here even though the manager I thought was a bit of a turd" he will always talk it up etc

FWIW I have also now heard the same story about Cooper from a completely different person (still not Darran :lol: ) who is adamant that it will be happening (Cooper leaving) but I do have my doubts now but that still doesn't say that it wasn't right at the time on Saturday. His comments on Saturday were very interestingly timed to say the least.

I'm happy to be wrong and I certainly don't have any issue with people who doubt the credibility of the stories but - as per the transfer window thread - Bannan and Garner were here before anywhere else and one of those came from the same source... :lol:
I for one wouldn't be happy if you were wrong Phil! I really hope he goes (no hard feelings Stevie) and that we get back to a style of football that suits the club, fans and players ASAP.

PSumbler said:
Vetchonian said:

If it's happening, then it needs to happen shortly, surely this could be putting off players coming here who would want to know who the manager is.

It would sum up the manager merry go round quite nicely if goes by mutual consent,I think it's the worst thing he can do for his career,The season Andre leaves and we stop getting parachute payments you suddenly lose the stomach.
Sure he can sit round for couple months waiting for a better job he'll soon be forgotten and out of the fold for most clubs.Saying that though hurry up and feck off we're playing tonight,Does anyone know if Cameron Toshack came back to Swansea after Cyprus?

I for one wanted Cooper to go at the start of the summer as felt it was the end of a cycle and probably the right time. You can only take things on face value. It’s pretty clear he wanted the Palace job and was interviewed for it. I’m not sure about Fulham as they appointed Marco Silva very quickly. Apart from one very generic statement there’s been nothing on the club website from Cooper or Winter. Some might say well it’s pre season what do you want him to say but I would point them in the direction of pre season last year and there are numerous articles from Steve Cooper.

The overall impression I get is the club want Cooper to leave and he wants to leave with his reputation as it is. With the season approaching one very real scenario is Swansea starting the season slowly and Cooper leaving by “mutual consent”.

I’d be a bit nervous of what comes next if he goes. I know his football is pretty much universally unliked on here, and with pretty good reason given some of the high quality entertaining football we’ve had over the years. But the guy has done a good job, even if last season tailed off and we bottled the PO final.

Given the end of parachute payments, loss of our best players last season and likely frugal budget things could easily go tits up quickly if we replace badly (we’re in unchartered territory now too with Birch no longer involved).

I understand the frustration though. Just a bit of a gamble. I’m fairly happy either way tbh.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
I’d be a bit nervous of what comes next if he goes. I know his football is pretty much universally unliked on here, and with pretty good reason given some of the high quality entertaining football we’ve had over the years. But the guy has done a good job, even if last season tailed off and we bottled the PO final.

Given the end of parachute payments, loss of our best players last season and likely frugal budget things could easily go tits up quickly if we replace badly (we’re in unchartered territory now too with Birch no longer involved).

I understand the frustration though. Just a bit of a gamble. I’m fairly happy either way tbh.

Whoever comes in next will have a difficult task to improve on what Cooper achieved in getting us to two consecutive play off positions which included a play off final.

Well it will be interesting tonight in the dugout to see what the body language is like. Can't see him going yet TBH.

Lifelong said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:

Whoever comes in next will have a difficult task to improve on what Cooper achieved in getting us to two consecutive play off positions which included a play off final.

Yep, they certainly will. Things have suddenly got a lot tougher. I’m a bit torn. Some of our negativity bored me sh*tless last year, but we did well in the league. A bit like when Monk was here. If we could guarantee a change that would deliver attractive attacking football, I’d be very up for a change. Not that easy though is it?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good let him go, and appoint someone who cares about the Swansea jack army.
This roundabout has been going on too long ..Big up or F**K OFF.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
Lifelong said:

Yep, they certainly will. Things have suddenly got a lot tougher. I’m a bit torn. Some of our negativity bored me sh*tless last year, but we did well in the league. A bit like when Monk was here. If we could guarantee a change that would deliver attractive attacking football, I’d be very up for a change. Not that easy though is it?

Stick with nurse for fear of worse never won any prizes. Still, we’ll either see a new vibrant approach with new players tonight, more Cooperwang or just The Amazing Gunterama. Place your bets. If he’s still here let’s hope he actually develops himself and the team. Fat chance, but I live in Hope City Arizona.

Some ideas for future stories .
1) Is Cooper going?
2) Is Copper staying?
3) Where will Cooperbe this coming season.
4) Cooper certain to leave (Mk v)
5) Do the Shake and Vac
6) Errrrr
7) Thats it.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members