• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper on verge of Swansea exit

The excitement is unbearable. As we speak he's singing another Clash song. The first one was obviously London calling. He's now singing should I stay or should I go.

Itchysphincter said:
Swansea93 said:
Hopefully get some clarity today/tomorrow, if he’s leaving surely they have someone ready to come in?

Tosh Jnr.

Makes sense he knows how to work and develop youngsters.

Not that it means much but Cooper isn’t to be seen in today’s training gallery.

Still nothing then?
I trust you Phil but unless we touted a new manager with the thought that he was definitely leaving and now want him gone for this new manager regardless it just doesnt make sense...

Swansea93 said:
Itchysphincter said:
Tosh Jnr.

Unless we could get Howe (which would be somewhat miraculous) then Toshack was always my first choice. Many of the squad members knew him and worked with him in the u23s

JackBaston said:
Still nothing then?
I trust you Phil but unless we touted a new manager with the thought that he was definitely leaving and now want him gone for this new manager regardless it just doesnt make sense...

Read this quote from the offical club website posted 8th July

Having known Roberts from his time at Yeovil, there were also a trio of other familiar faces Walsh spoke to when the chance to move to SA1 came up.

He played alongside Korey Smith at Bristol City, and worked with head coach Steve Cooper and first-team fitness coach David Tivey during his time in the England age-grade set-up.

All those conversations made an impression on Walsh, but he admits it was his discussions with Cooper that made a particular mark as he decided his future.

“It’s been a long summer for me, especially after the way last season went. But everything the gaffer said to me (about Swansea) was exactly what I wanted in a club, and I cannot wait to play in front of the fans at the stadium,” he said.

“I also knew a few of the lads here and they had nothing but good things to say, but I spoke with the gaffer more than any other managers I had spoken to at other clubs.

“The belief he was putting in me, and the fact he has known me from a young age helped me a lot. He knows the type of player I am.

That doesnt sound to me like a club who are looking to part company with their manager....it seems Cooper was used to sway Walsh, also not great for a new incoming manager that sort of quote.

Im cynical I think this thread and the similar one on the other site are posted to get us keyboard warriors going and keep activity on the sites up.....as they are otherwise pretty quiet!

JackBaston said:
Still nothing then?

It's not about "trust" though really. Phil was given information from someone he classes as reliable and this time the info looks like it could have been wrong. It happens.

I would have thought if he was off it would have been mentioned today unless things are really messy.

Swansea93 said:
Itchysphincter said:
Tosh Jnr.

None of the coaching staff are though so wouldn't read to much into it.

Vetchonian said:
JackBaston said:
Still nothing then?

Having known Roberts from his time at Yeovil, there were also a trio of other familiar faces Walsh spoke to when the chance to move to SA1 came up.

He played alongside Korey Smith at Bristol City, and worked with head coach Steve Cooper and first-team fitness coach David Tivey during his time in the England age-grade set-up.

All those conversations made an impression on Walsh, but he admits it was his discussions with Cooper that made a particular mark as he decided his future.

“It’s been a long summer for me, especially after the way last season went. But everything the gaffer said to me (about Swansea) was exactly what I wanted in a club, and I cannot wait to play in front of the fans at the stadium,” he said.

“I also knew a few of the lads here and they had nothing but good things to say, but I spoke with the gaffer more than any other managers I had spoken to at other clubs.

“The belief he was putting in me, and the fact he has known me from a young age helped me a lot. He knows the type of player I am.

That doesnt sound to me like a club who are looking to part company with their manager....it seems Cooper was used to sway Walsh, also not great for a new incoming manager that sort of quote.

Im cynical I think this thread and the similar one on the other site are posted to get us keyboard warriors going and keep activity on the sites up.....as they are otherwise pretty quiet!

Having known Phil personally from not long after he took control of the old JA.net site, i can guarantee you that this is something he would never make up just to get site hits.

Garyjack said:
Vetchonian said:

Having known Phil personally from not long after he took control of the old JA.net site, i can guarantee you that this is something he would never make up just to get site hits.
Fair point I will take your word on it...just seems strange all of this...as per the article nothing adds up...the speculation which is what it is..plenty of other managers have not been "very active " in the press...not seen him up the road making very many press comments for example

https://twitter.com/thesackrace/status/1417092844360175617?s=21

Was “considered” for England u21s according to that.

Risc said:

Its like Cooper has been applying for everything under the sun

bakajack said:
Risc said:

Its like Cooper has been applying for everything under the sun

If Cooper wanted the England u21 job, he'd have easily have got it.

Chief said:
If Cooper wanted the England u21 job, he'd have easily have got it.

Lee Carsley is already in their setup. Cooper would have cost them compensation.

Garyjack said:
Vetchonian said:

Absolutely no way would I. Would only ever post things I believe yo be true

As Risc said above I believed it to be true, I actually still do as it happens although the odd doubt maybe creeping in 🤣

However interesting to see all the reports about Bannan today another one I was accused of making up 🤣

Didn't we have almost running commentary on JA the day Roberto was appointed? It's Megson. No change of mind...Martinez. All over the forum.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back