• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

We certainly won’t buy him as a free agent (it’ll cost a packet in signing on and wages) as “backup”. Or I hope we won’t. Losing a shedload of cash every month and struggling to keep financially afloat without regular capital injections, we can’t afford a luxury bench. That has to be the place to bring through our youngsters, not keep players the likes of Stoke and Birmingham don’t want on big salaries.
Don't see him as guaranteed starter from the seasons starts unless some are given time to adjust to the British game.
He would have been signed(if he signs) as a guaranteed first team squad player.

We certainly won’t buy him as a free agent (it’ll cost a packet in signing on and wages) as “backup”. Or I hope we won’t. Losing a shedload of cash every month and struggling to keep financially afloat without regular capital injections, we can’t afford a luxury bench. That has to be the place to bring through our youngsters, not keep players the likes of Stoke and Birmingham don’t want on big salaries.

He can play across the front 3…

It’s a long season and we need a strong squad and players who can offer something different.

One of our biggest downfalls for the past few seasons was lack of quality off the bench.

He can play across the front 3…

It’s a long season and we need a strong squad and players who can offer something different.

One of our biggest downfalls for the past few seasons was lack of quality off the bench.
Also capable of playing number 10 behind the main striker which is where I envision we would utilise him.
Pacy and using another striker as a foil seems to be where he has gotten his greatest joy.
Him and Ginnelly (if we can get him fit) are who I imagine would be our first picks to cover that position

Who is the trialist on the bench today?

Any sign of Kyrell Wilson, not been involved in any of the senior or U21 games!?

Who is the trialist on the bench today?

Any sign of Kyrell Wilson, not been involved in any of the senior or U21 games!?
Was thinking we would have seen him involved this pre season, but must be injured.

Hell of an indictment on last summers transfer window. Especially if Pedersen and Tjoe can be offloaded too.
Could chalk it down to a couple of factors which all came together to create the ultimate shitstorm in my opinion.

1. New manager with a completely different preferred style of play - demand for different types of players
2. Paul Watson had none of his team in place before the start of the window - scattergun approach
3. Over reliance on loans to fill key positions over the past few seasons - more spots to fill
4. Player purchases previously had a tendency to be old players with little to no resale value - less money to use

Put all of that together and it was undoubtedly a recipe for disaster, especially when our "marquee signing" of Jerry Yates fell flat on his face and just couldn't gel with the team or the fans. Added to that an inconsistent style of play from Duff then Williams and yeah...

All in all when you look back on it with hindsight it was always looking to be a rough window with only two real successes that summer, Key and Tymon. Ginnelly might have also been one but that early season ending injury just when he was getting into his stride put paid to that.

Trialist is named Ruben Providence.
Playing out in Austria, a left winger who is supposedly rapid(not Vienna).

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back