• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans consider Bolasie move – free agent training with Swans

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Swansea City consider a move for free agent Yannick Bolasie who has been training with the club. DR Congo international Bolasie, 34, has been a free agent since leaving Turkish club Caykur Rizespor at the end of last season. The former Plymouth and Bristol City player played for four years at Crystal...

Read more

Seems an odd one given that we’re supposed to be looking at players with re-sell potential.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67527226

Stop gap while Ginnelly is injured maybe?

Swanjaxs said:
Great player, about 10 years ago...

Yep. Scrabbling around trying to pick up free agents seems a bit desperate and rarely works. It might of course, but it’s a long shot. It’s not a model we should be looking at imo.

Crying out for pace. I know he’s 34, but in the short term, I think he’d do a job for us.

TerryPHELAN said:
Crying out for pace. I know he’s 34, but in the short term, I think he’d do a job for us.

We seem desperately short of bodies at the moment and as a stop gap on a short term deal where’s the harm? Also his experience with over 400 or so games will certainly help our younger players. The only worry for me was if he had a reputation for being a bad or disruptive influence and that doesn’t seem to be the case so let’s take a punt (if he impresses in training) .

As long as he’s on small wages then nothing to lose really. Pay as you play or similar.

Rumour mill says a six month deal being considered. While Cullen has done a reasonable job substituting for Ginnelly its not his natural position and its not where we will get the most out of him and right wing is certainly a position with room for improvement in what we are getting on the pitch.

It would also improve Yates's performances if he had a winger who could attack full backs and put in crosses and cut backs for him to get on the end of. I have been banging on for about two months that lone striker with slow build up through the phases is not his game and it is surely obvious to many that his game is all about getting on the end of crosses or playing off a second striker.

If Bolasie would improve his game then I totally endorse this kind of short term deal.

bakajack said:
Rumour mill says a six month deal being considered. While Cullen has done a reasonable job substituting for Ginnelly its not his natural position and its not where we will get the most out of him and right wing is certainly a position with room for improvement in what we are getting on the pitch.

It would also improve Yates's performances if he had a winger who could attack full backs and put in crosses and cut backs for him to get on the end of. I have been banging on for about two months that lone striker with slow build up through the phases is not his game and it is surely obvious to many that his game is all about getting on the end of crosses or playing off a second striker.

If Bolasie would improve his game then I totally endorse this kind of short term deal.

Nope, 8 weeks.

Pretty much until the end of the January transfer window? That is a strange length of deal to offer unless we are confident we have something lined up in January and just want some attacking cover until then.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back