• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea Arena Aussie Pink Floyd

BrynCartwright

Mel Nurse
Reaction score
My first visit to Swansea Arena was to see the Aussie Pink Floyd last Friday....they were bloody brilliant....and the venue is of course pretty impressive and just what Swansea needs...but...

1. Who thought just 1 gents khazi upstairs was a good decision has really got it wrong....at the interval it was sheer carnage...reminded me of The Vetch bogs on a Saturday afternoon.

2. nearly fell over when I was charged £11 for a pint and a half...and the only lager available is Yankee Bud piss or Bud Lite piss. Some cask bollocks from Gower brewery was £7.50! That snake Martin Morgan gets his horrid little poisoned tentacles everywhere....

Apart from those 2 points...I loved it.

Parking underneath only £2.....

I am usually a bit snooty about tribute bands but went because we're never going to see Pink Floyd on stage again.

It was outstanding and they brought the house down. Sell out too.

Looking forward to squeeze there soon.

Sounds like a good night Bryn and I agree with you about the choice of beers. I’d rather go without than drink that p1ss. Who on earth drinks Bud in Swansea?

J_B said:
I am usually a bit snooty about tribute bands but went because we're never going to see Pink Floyd on stage again.

It was outstanding and they brought the house down. Sell out too.

Looking forward to squeeze there soon.

See you there for Squeeze. 👍

It’s a cracking venue.

Pink Skippy on stage with Australian Pink Floyd. :lol:

Attachments

• 20221028_221900.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 426
I had a chance to go and see the P.U.L.S.E. tour in the early 90's and turned it down. A source of regret ever since. My dad went for that and he enjoyed the hell out of the show on Friday. as did I.

As for the arena, the lack of toilets and the legroom that would make Toulouse Lautrec wince. Silly really. They've done such a good job with the accoustics the place is really close to being top class. Just a few little niggles.

Attachments

• 313297752_10158723113701436_5595055178405872296_n.jpg
    313297752_10158723113701436_5595055178405872296_n.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 420
  • 313342071_10158723113621436_3255981740284808130_n.jpg
    313342071_10158723113621436_3255981740284808130_n.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 420
Saw Aussie Pink Floyd in Cardiff years ago doing the “Another Brick in the Wall” show. As everyone has said they were superb then also.They also did some of the classic numbers too.
Tribute band is a bit of a put down when referring to them because that’s what they really are, but how else do you describe them?

Dr. Winston said:
I had a chance to go and see the P.U.L.S.E. tour in the early 90's and turned it down. A source of regret ever since. My dad went for that and he enjoyed the hell out of the show on Friday.

As for the arena, the lack of toilets and the legroom that would make Toulouse Lautrec wince. Silly really. They've done such a good job with the accoustics the place is really close to being top class. Just a few little niggles.

Great photos. 👍

Dr. Winston said:
I had a chance to go and see the P.U.L.S.E. tour in the early 90's and turned it down. A source of regret ever since. My dad went for that and he enjoyed the hell out of the show on Friday. as did I.

Dr W

I forgot to mention the superb acoustics in my OP...they are just phenomenal.

Crystal clear

The Swans should get the company in to replace the dreadful PA at the Swansea.com (there's fkn Martin Morgan again) stadium we adore so much...

BrynCartwright said:
My first visit to Swansea Arena was to see the Aussie Pink Floyd last Friday....they were bloody brilliant....and the venue is of course pretty impressive and just what Swansea needs...but...

1. Who thought just 1 gents khazi upstairs was a good decision has really got it wrong....at the interval it was sheer carnage...reminded me of The Vetch bogs on a Saturday afternoon.

2. nearly fell over when I was charged £11 for a pint and a half...and the only lager available is Yankee Bud piss or Bud Lite piss. Some cask bollocks from Gower brewery was £7.50! That snake Martin Morgan gets his horrid little poisoned tentacles everywhere....

Agree about the toilets , long line for the gents when I went to the Alice Cooper show , have warned friends due to attend , luckily for Swansea , some great shows coming up , that will be a problem .

Very tight seats too , anybody of a larger built might struggle to get comfortable .

It is an asset for Swansea though , alas them drinks prices seem par for the course nowadays for events .

BrynCartwright said:

Should have made it bigger with at least a 5000 capacity. Most decent bands have sold out within an hour of being on sale.

BrynCartwright said:

Bryn, did you park in the arena car park, if so what were the queues like after the gig. Thanks

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back