• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swansea Arena

This looks promising too https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-albert-hall-plans-pictures-23015683

Went for walk around there this afternoon.
Walked across the new bridge, looks better from the inside, than from the outside to be fair.
Some of the fit and finish is shoddy as fck.
Hope they maintain it properly. The roof top gardens will need particular attention to keep it looking tidy. We shall see.

NEW SHOW
https://www.atgtickets.com/shows/fontaines-dc/swansea-arena/

Jack2jack said:
Walked across the new bridge, looks better from the inside, than from the outside to be fair.
Hope they maintain it properly. The roof top gardens will need particular attention to keep it looking tidy. We shall see.

Passed under bridge today and its looking like either end of it are virtually finished and it still looks ridiculous, it looks as if its just been dropped in the gap, why didn't they continue, the look [tunnel] over to the arena itself, would make it look a lot better than it does now, it looks a fecking eyesore.

Niigata Jack said:
Jack2jack said:

Passed under bridge today and its looking like either end of it are virtually finished and it still looks ridiculous, it looks as if its just been dropped in the gap, why didn't they continue, the look [tunnel] over to the arena itself, would make it look a lot better than it does now, it looks a fecking eyesore.
Probably something to do with fire regulations, you couldn't funnel people into a small tube effectively. Still think the internals on the bridge look ok,but overall I agree it looks shite. I'm not buying into the pseudo Vagas style vibe either, I think it will date very quickly. I saw the other day that all those ridiculous fins are being taken off the St David's car park, must be a problem with them. And that development looks shite an all.
I reckon it's going to be a maintenance nightmare.

Jack2jack said:
Niigata Jack said:
Probably something to do with fire regulations, you couldn't funnel people into a small tube effectively. Still think the internals on the bridge look ok,but overall I agree it looks shite. I'm not buying into the pseudo Vagas style vibe either, I think it will date very quickly. I saw the other day that all those ridiculous fins are being taken off the St David's car park, must be a problem with them. And that development looks shite an all.

Mumbles road is virtually the gateway to Gower after the Leisure Centre and then you see that monstrous monstrosity that's the bridge, must have been the same idiot designer that came up with the Barcelona boulevard and the debacle that was the Kingsway, before someone with commonsense changed it to what it is now.

Niigata Jack said:
Jack2jack said:

Mumbles road is virtually the gateway to Gower after the Leisure Centre and then you see that monstrous monstrosity that's the bridge, must have been the same idiot designer that came up with the Barcelona boulevard and the debacle that was the Kingsway, before someone with commonsense changed it to what it is now.
You like the new version of The Kingsway, blimey.🥴

Jack2jack said:
Niigata Jack said:

I haven't been on it, in truth, used Orchard St and the other end, but it seems a more organised system on "Paper"

Niigata Jack said:
Jack2jack said:

I haven't been on it, in truth, used Orchard St and the other end, but it seems a more organised system on "Paper"
Yes fairplay, which idiot in the clown dept, decided that one lane in either direction is better than two. And how many times have they changed Westway in the last decade or so. One day they will actually get it right.

Darran said:
Grow up Max you won’t be seeing Take That there.

I've absolutely no interest whatsofuckingever in going there to see anyone least of those lady boys Cheap Trick or Take That, you'll be there though, like the overgrown school girl you are, look at at me I'm here look, come and make like I'm important :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only one that needs to GROW UP is you, you massive bell, don't forget to put pig tales in that wig you wear. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that Bridge still looks utterly ridiculous.

Niigata Jack said:
Darran said:
Grow up Max you won’t be seeing Take That there.

I've absolutely no interest whatsofuckingever in going there to see anyone least of those lady boys Cheap Trick or Take That, you'll be there though, like the overgrown school girl you are, look at at me I'm here look, come and make like I'm important :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only one that needs to GROW UP is you, you massive bell, don't forget to put pig tales in that wig you wear. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And that Bridge still looks utterly ridiculous.

Prick.

All this moaning about developments going on in the city, it's like Perch never went away! :lol:

JackSomething said:
All this moaning about developments going on in the city, it's like Perch never went away! :lol:

:shock: :lol:

The developments are fine, its just that fecking bridge, its hideous, I honestly don't know anyone that I've spoke to likes it, I popped into a pub yesterday for a light ale and the subject came up and before I spoke, the 5 chaps around the table said exactly the same.

I like it.

The concrete monstrosity that it replaced however, I didn't like at all.

Other views are available. None as important to me as mine.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back