• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The blame does not all lie with Michael Duff

Nocountryforoldjack said:
I'm sorry but if Saturday was the players having a little protest at duff then they all want sacking, no excuses what so ever, where is the pride with these fuckers? It's a mentality thing with this squad of players, serial losers most of them.

Not disagreeing, merely pointing out the reality of such instances. The players know it, and so does everyone else. They probably are an entitled bunch, but sometimes it's the only way they can see things changing.
We've seen it a thousand times elsewhere.

sainthelens said:
Not disagreeing, merely pointing out the reality of such instances. The players know it, and so does everyone else. They probably are an entitled bunch, but sometimes it's the only way they can see things changing.
We've seen it a thousand times elsewhere.

Yeah I hear you, it did cross my mind that with wuss, the players got whispered sweet nothings and got their bellies tickled which they won't get out of duff, maybe that's why they are pouting.

Lads,

I refuse to believe that Duff doesn't have a gameplan, he has all the coaching badges needed to be an EFL manager and has managed other teams before. I'm sorry, but a lot of the issues are on the players themselves as well. As correctly pointed out, they haven't got Russ telling them how special they are and Duff is now telling them straight.

In the Bristol game, he correctly pointed out that all 10 outfield men were walking when we were out of possession and loosing. That's not Duff's fault, he has probably been giving them the hairdresser treatment and they're pouting.

I'll be honest, the new signings were the best for the Cardiff game, the ONLY players I saw trying to create were our new signings including the new LB from Stoke. And that CB was rock solid bar the penalty. We all want to just point the finger at Duff, but that's not good enough. The players are the ones playing and Grimes looks like he's having a temper tantrum. He's giving 65% of his best, I reckon. He's slow on the ball, slows down any attack and gives possession away cheaply.

Everyone wants to just take the easy way out, and blame the manager. It's the players that implement the style of play and as we saw they just don't want to get stuck in and run at the opposing team after 2 years of powderpuff football from Russ. Look at Southampton, they're a mess, in the same way we were until he FINALLY got it working then decided to leave for money.

So can we just get behind BOTH the manager and the team, because lets be honest, the team haven't been good enough from the start. In fact, some of them have been embarrassing. I hope they see this, and it gets read out to them. They are on thousands a week and can't run for 90 minutes. I used to do it for free as a kid on cold winter mornings, they need to get over themselves.

DanWelsh said:
Lads,

I refuse to believe that Duff doesn't have a gameplan, he has all the coaching badges needed to be an EFL manager and has managed other teams before. I'm sorry, but a lot of the issues are on the players themselves as well. As correctly pointed out, they haven't got Russ telling them how special they are and Duff is now telling them straight.

In the Bristol game, he correctly pointed out that all 10 outfield men were walking when we were out of possession and loosing. That's not Duff's fault, he has probably been giving them the hairdresser treatment and they're pouting.

I'll be honest, the new signings were the best for the Cardiff game, the ONLY players I saw trying to create were our new signings including the new LB from Stoke. And that CB was rock solid bar the penalty. We all want to just point the finger at Duff, but that's not good enough. The players are the ones playing and Grimes looks like he's having a temper tantrum. He's giving 65% of his best, I reckon. He's slow on the ball, slows down any attack and gives possession away cheaply.

Everyone wants to just take the easy way out, and blame the manager. It's the players that implement the style of play and as we saw they just don't want to get stuck in and run at the opposing team after 2 years of powderpuff football from Russ. Look at Southampton, they're a mess, in the same way we were until he FINALLY got it working then decided to leave for money.

So can we just get behind BOTH the manager and the team, because lets be honest, the team haven't been good enough from the start. In fact, some of them have been embarrassing. I hope they see this, and it gets read out to them. They are on thousands a week and can't run for 90 minutes. I used to do it for free as a kid on cold winter mornings, they need to get over themselves.

Just joined PS. First post...........

jacabertawe said:
Just joined PS. First post...........

I was actually on the Old site, and reactivated my login.

What's your point? You trying to say i'm not a Jack? I was born in Morriston Hospital, grew up in Sketty and live in Manselton.

Instead of trying to dismiss any other opinion than we all should hate the manager, maybe look at the facts. You absolute womble.

I'm sorry but if Saturday was the players having a little protest at duff then they all want sacking, no excuses what so ever, where is the pride with these fuckers? It's a mentality thing with this squad of players, serial losers most of them.

I do get what you're saying, it irritates me no end when you see this happen, not just at our club but anywhere.

The reality is though, this sort of situation doesn't happen very often. In most cases new managers come in to a club, wipe the slate clean, lighten the mood, get some buy-in and get a bit of a bounce. It's usually a long time before they visibly lose the dressing room.

Quite clearly, something is drastically wrong if a number of good pros (and we do on the whole have very honest players) are jacking it in all at the same time. That rarely happens. But it's happening right now in front of our eyes. They must really hate his guts to do this to him, and themselves.

The last time I saw this happen was when Bradley was in charge. We all know what happened there.

DanWelsh said:
I refuse to believe that Duff doesn't have a gameplan.

You can refuse to believe it all you want.

The first 6 matches have offered zero evidence he has one.

Sorry, but the bulk of this side finished 10th last season. You expect us to buy into the theory that they're the real problem here?

Nah, not having that. It's him. He's out of his depth and drowning. Simple as.

The recruitment department wants firing and all.... It's been poor for the most part....Allen,Lowe to name a few

Duff is exacerbating the issue, but I agree. The summer signings on the whole aren't bad players but not what we really needed. Patino is good but too similar to what he had, Yates is good but too similar to what we had. Key and Ashby and but no left back until deadline day. Pedersen is pretty pointless. Lowe is fairly similar to Yates. Ginnelly is good but has no natural place in the team. We can't play a similar way to what we did last season but no go like for like with what we lost (Piroe/ Ntcham). Kuharevych for the apparent cost is terrible business.

It just seems a muddled mess.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Sorry, but the bulk of this side finished 10th last season. You expect us to buy into the theory that they're the real problem here?

Nah, not having that. It's him. He's out of his depth and drowning. Simple as.

Players literally strolling around the park, almost pedestrian whilst we're losing. Gave absolutely nothing in a derby.

Yes, it's all him. A retired professional footballer, who has had successful stints at other clubs now suddenly cannot set up a basic formation and create tactics. That's rubbish and you know it is. The Vitriol is shocking, he's one man and there's 11 on that pitch.

DanWelsh said:
The players are the ones playing and Grimes looks like he's having a temper tantrum. He's giving 65% of his best, I reckon. He's slow on the ball, slows down any attack and gives possession away cheaply.

Isn't that Grimes at 100%?

I think you are making good points, they are professionals, they should be making it work on the field or trying their hardest to. If they don't like his gameplan then try passing to each other, supporting, moving, defending and looking for space. The minimum that a 'professional' should be able to manage. Thing is though, like it or not, it won't be them that's sacked if they keep playing like puddings.

I still think Duff looks like a big slow-witted problem. The kindest thing I can say is that he's managed his whole transition into the club extraordinarily badly. he needs to get his act together, and, yes so do the players, and pronto.

monmouth said:
Isn't that Grimes at 100%?

I think you are making good points, they are professionals, they should be making it work on the field or trying their hardest to. If they don't like his gameplan then try passing to each other, supporting, moving, defending and looking for space. The minimum that a 'professional' should be able to manage. Thing is though, like it or not, it won't be them that's sacked if they keep playing like puddings.

I still think Duff looks like a big slow-witted problem. The kindest thing I can say is that he's managed his whole transition into the club extraordinarily badly. he needs to get his act together, and, yes so do the players, and pronto.

He's not made life easy for himself 100% agree. Although, he's learning that at bigger clubs you can't just commute down and do a training session. The job demands more than that at this level.

This isn't Cheltenham, no disrespect to them whatsoever. I remember playing them in the 00s and we'll be going back there unless he sorts this out.

He needs to hold a meeting with the players and staff, get it all out and have a reset.

DanWelsh said:
He's not made life easy for himself 100% agree. Although, he's learning that at bigger clubs you can't just commute down and do a training session. The job demands more than that at this level.

This isn't Cheltenham, no disrespect to them whatsoever. I remember playing them in the 00s and we'll be going back there unless he sorts this out.

He needs to hold a meeting with the players and staff, get it all out and have a reset.

👍

I was at Cheltenham that day and I've no wish to go back. Athough Leon scoring with a header (I think) was something.

I hope there will be clear the air talks very soon, it can't go on like this, that Cardiff game is a stain on this clubs history

The Cardiff game was on par with the play off final against Brentford.

DanWelsh said:

He's out of his depth and has a bunch of players that don't seem to rate him, his tactics and his man management.

You seem like a nice guy, a little naive but this isn't anywhere near to playing football as a 10yr old in the rain.
He has a few games to save his skin but there has been no sign to indicate that it's going to change in these next 2 games.......no sign of a style.

The other issue appears that he has an arrogant side to himself and each press conference seems to come with a tinge of matter of fact with him when he hasn't even achieved a first league victory.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back