• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Chuckle Brothers

Harry Darling is one of our most potent attacking threats.
It's funny because it's true. We really need to get our act together pretty sharpish.

I think a back 4 of Key, Darling, Wood and Tymon is the best we have with current personnel. I know I'll get pelters for Wood, but he at least has it in him to defend well, as shown at Hull recently, and he can carry the ball out of defence well on occasions. He can also be a liability at times of course...but beggars can't be choosers.

Been saying it for yonks - calamity Cabungle is our weakest link.

Wood regressed and became the dressing room joker under Martin and is yet to grow out of it. Under Martin's watch he shrank from promising young unassuming professional athlete into an entirely different, inferior football player. The hype around his 'alleged' move was just that - purely a Martin-led PR spin, yet again with the view to unsettle.
Nonsense, Wood regressed under Duff this season.
In the latter part of last season when we had a decent run Wood was playing well under Martin

It's funny because it's true. We really need to get our act together pretty sharpish.

I think a back 4 of Key, Darling, Wood and Tymon is the best we have with current personnel. I know I'll get pelters for Wood, but he at least has it in him to defend well, as shown at Hull recently, and he can carry the ball out of defence well on occasions. He can also be a liability at times of course...but beggars can't be choosers.
Agree 100%

Everybody that's anybody knows Martin fecked us over, esp at the back. He dismantled and rebuilt something far far more inferior.

We are slowly rebuilding the confidence at the back - through Marge, Sheezy and now Luke (who admittedly is diluting the cleansing with his penchant for way too risky back play, at the mo).

We need to give the boys some time to rebuild the confidence (and ffs ditch Cabungle, 'prompto').

Agreed re Williams and the summer - a massive opportunity for sure.
How guilty was Duff of "diluting the cleansing" while he was here?

Or did he use the right mix of Dettol to water to your tastes? Asking for a friend.

Remove them and we'll be on our way to safety, I'd even take Naughton playing alongside Darling than either of these...
People have short memories, Cabango and Wood were Martin's centre back pairing for that 10 match unbeaten run at the end of last season.
They are not as useless as our fans like to make out....you also have to consider the lack of midfield .....it was better on Saturday with Joe in front of them....but we as fans are always looking for the scapegoat

People have short memories, Cabango and Wood were Martin's centre back pairing for that 10 match unbeaten run at the end of last season.
They are not as useless as our fans like to make out....you also have to consider the lack of midfield .....it was better on Saturday with Joe in front of them....but we as fans are always looking for the scapegoat
Cabango is a walking disaster and Wood can't be arsed, and is also a very poor championship defender...

Under RM. both defenders played deep and sideways for the sake of it. Once the tempo increases and we play the high line both players technique gets exposed. Under pressure both panic and noticeably stray passes put us on the back foot.

Regressed! We signed a 19yr old who was 4/5th choice at Boro.
We signed a 19yr old raw player, he is still only 21yrs of age.
Let's not forget that Cabango is still only 23!
Darling only 24.
Bashir still only 20.

These are still young boys who are having a tough time, all of them have potential to become good centre halves but are still very young and inexperienced with no senior centre half to guide them in any shape or form.
It's no wonder things are so bad defensively considering we have a bunch of young naive centre halves with no senior player in their department to help them along.

Spot on Daps.
And to add to that, we have a midfield determined to give the ball straight back to them rather than take a touch or turn.
Centre halves aren’t supposed to have that much possession, the opposition must be licking their lips.
They are a young bunch and all have big potential.
I can see LW resolving this situation soon.

Spot on Daps.
And to add to that, we have a midfield determined to give the ball straight back to them rather than take a touch or turn.
Centre halves aren’t supposed to have that much possession, the opposition must be licking their lips.
They are a young bunch and all have big potential.
I can see LW resolving this situation soon.
They might be young but when does big potential cut in

Cabango has played over 170 games

Darling over 200

Wood close to 100

Adding Tymon with around 175

They might be young but when does big potential cut in

Cabango has played over 170 games

Darling over 200

Wood close to 100

Adding Tymon with around 175
We’ve got a squad full of players who either aren’t good enough or are underperforming. Wood and Cabango are the latter in my opinion.
Cabango is a Welsh international who recently had a great game in a tough away match in Poland where, for 89mins had the better of Lewandowski.
Wood was recently called up to the England U21s, subject of a substantial bid and also apparent top flight interest.
If they had a Leon type midfielder sitting in front of them, buzzing around and moving the ball sideways and forwards, then I’m sure they’d look far more comfortable than they do now.
I’m probably wrong of course but we seem very keen to give them the ball but not to make ourselves available when they’ve got it.

We’ve got a squad full of players who either aren’t good enough or are underperforming. Wood and Cabango are the latter in my opinion.
Cabango is a Welsh international who recently had a great game in a tough away match in Poland where, for 89mins had the better of Lewandowski.
Wood was recently called up to the England U21s, subject of a substantial bid and also apparent top flight interest.
If they had a Leon type midfielder sitting in front of them, buzzing around and moving the ball sideways and forwards, then I’m sure they’d look far more comfortable than they do now.
I’m probably wrong of course but we seem very keen to give them the ball but not to make ourselves available when they’ve got it.
I can agree with your last comment as it happens all over the pitch.

What I will still say is that after the number of games they've played, in a professional sport, that they should be able to use their eyes and read the game, avoiding some of the criminal mistakes.

If the opposition is pouring through your back 4 and straight onto goal, there are some obvious deficiencies.
1) Your midfield hadn’t done its job.
2) The central defenders are not reading the game in front of them, and not reacting accordingly.
3) The full backs haven’t tracked back quick enough.
4) The system you are trying to play either hasn’t been coached properly, or the players are incapable of implementing it.

Nonsense, Wood regressed under Duff this season.
In the latter part of last season when we had a decent run Wood was playing well under Martin

C'mon, you're far better than that. Always best to stick to the facts: Marge, Sheezy and Duff only had 7 games with Wood. 7 games to go back to basics and cleanse the bad habits.

Wood absolutely regressed under Martin. He was told to abandon everything his dad, the Boro academy, and the England International set up taught him about proper defending. And as such our once top3 defence became a quivering jelly under Martin's watch.
He regressed so much he was benched for 4/5 games post xmas. It wasn't until Martin was told to ditch his failed plan A (when he was properly on the ropes - on and off the pitch), our senior players along with Gilly took the reins and set us up properly, playing to our strengths where defenders defended in a proper structure - and we went on that winning run.

Let's hope Luke doesn't do another Martin on him. Let's hope Luke doesn't do another Martin on us. They say we learn best through our mistakes. Woody will be desperate to not make the same mistakes as he did listening to Martin, I'm pretty sure of that.

(Daps: he came to the Swans as he didn't see eye to eye with Wilder. He had an awful stint in Scotland where he was ostracised and outcast by the scotch, 'prompto'. He certainly wasn't the write-off you suggested, far far from it with his England heritage and his dad's elite level pedigree).

If the opposition is pouring through your back 4 and straight onto goal, there are some obvious deficiencies.
1) Your midfield hadn’t done its job.
2) The central defenders are not reading the game in front of them, and not reacting accordingly.
3) The full backs haven’t tracked back quick enough.
4) The system you are trying to play either hasn’t been coached properly, or the players are incapable of implementing it.
HOUSE

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back