• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Chuckle Brothers

Spot on Daps.
And to add to that, we have a midfield determined to give the ball straight back to them rather than take a touch or turn.
Centre halves aren’t supposed to have that much possession, the opposition must be licking their lips.
They are a young bunch and all have big potential.
I can see LW resolving this situation soon.
The midfield plays touch tight to the CBs - because they are shite scared and have minimal confidence in their ability not to fack it up. How on earth can't so many folk online not see this ?

Esp for El Capitan Matty with his additional leadership responsibilities - who plays 5-10 yds deeper than he really ought to - and as such our entire team plays 5-10 yds too deep.

We're only as good as our weakest link - and that is Calamity Cabungle.

It's such the pity we were unlucky not to land our top level CB target. In so many ways..

Looking fwd to the summer window.............

It wasn't until Martin was told to ditch his failed plan A (when he was properly on the ropes - on and off the pitch), our senior players along with Gilly took the reins and set us up properly,

Where's your proof that this happened in the actual real world?

Where's your proof that this happened in the actual real world?

Whooosh.

There are none so blind as those bamboozled Martinistas who will not see.

'I'm not here to educate you' - do your own research, there's a tonne of it out there in the big wide world for those intelligent enough to 'see'.

'Looking', eyes wide shut, doesn't cut it.

C'mon, you're far better than that. Always best to stick to the facts: Marge, Sheezy and Duff only had 7 games with Wood. 7 games to go back to basics and cleanse the bad habits.

Wood absolutely regressed under Martin. He was told to abandon everything his dad, the Boro academy, and the England International set up taught him about proper defending. And as such our once top3 defence became a quivering jelly under Martin's watch.
He regressed so much he was benched for 4/5 games post xmas. It wasn't until Martin was told to ditch his failed plan A (when he was properly on the ropes - on and off the pitch), our senior players along with Gilly took the reins and set us up properly, playing to our strengths where defenders defended in a proper structure - and we went on that winning run.

Let's hope Luke doesn't do another Martin on him. Let's hope Luke doesn't do another Martin on us. They say we learn best through our mistakes. Woody will be desperate to not make the same mistakes as he did listening to Martin, I'm pretty sure of that.

(Daps: he came to the Swans as he didn't see eye to eye with Wilder. He had an awful stint in Scotland where he was ostracised and outcast by the scotch, 'prompto'. He certainly wasn't the write-off you suggested, far far from it with his England heritage and his dad's elite level pedigree).

The facts are that Wood hardly played any senior first team football before joining the Swans (a handful of games at Crewe), he's only 21 now.
He looked raw at the start of last season because that's exactly what he was, an inexperienced 20 year old.
He improved considerably during the course of the season, was capped at under 21 level & was playing very well by the time it came to our decent run late on - stating he regressed under Martin is rubbish. Even those who don't rate Martin must surely accept that.
His form this year has been poor no question but that's not down to our previous manager.

The facts are that Wood hardly played any senior first team football before joining the Swans (a handful of games at Crewe), he's only 21 now.
He looked raw at the start of last season because that's exactly what he was, an inexperienced 20 year old.
He improved considerably during the course of the season, was capped at under 21 level & was playing very well by the time it came to our decent run late on - stating he regressed under Martin is rubbish. Even those who don't rate Martin must surely accept that.
His form this year has been poor no question but that's not down to our previous manager.
Wrong, in so many ways.

He was introduced to Championship football in the wrong way, entirely - the worst way for a pedigree defender to be introduced to senior football - hence he struggled, regressed and failed by xmas.

If it was not for his dad popping down here on a regular basis, coaxing, coaching - he could have ended up on Martin's blacklist, just like Darling.

Darling on the other hand - bizarrely treated as Martin's errant child - shouted at, ranted at much to the shock and horror of the changing room.

The U21 caps came on the back our re-set to conventional defending - he didn't have a sniff until then. Fact.

Without doubt, he regressed under Martin. And at the same time went through an identity crisis. Thankfully he's now turned that corner.

Wrong, in so many ways.

He was introduced to Championship football in the wrong way, entirely - the worst way for a pedigree defender to be introduced to senior football - hence he struggled, regressed and failed by xmas.

If it was not for his dad popping down here on a regular basis, coaxing, coaching - he could have ended up on Martin's blacklist, just like Darling.

Darling on the other hand - bizarrely treated as Martin's errant child - shouted at, ranted at much to the shock and horror of the changing room.

The U21 caps came on the back our re-set to conventional defending - he didn't have a sniff until then. Fact.

Without doubt, he regressed under Martin. And at the same time went through an identity crisis. Thankfully he's now turned that corner.
I think stating Wood has turned the corner is a bit of a stretch to be honest...

Wrong, in so many ways.

So he's turned a corner but is obviously playing worse than he did during the latter part of last season?
Interesting view 🤔

Wood turning a corner would require the use of a walking frame, I've seen more mobile statues.

Wood was young a raw as stated when signed, he improved especially towards the end of last season..........he WAS improving but as per many young centre half there is always a mistake in him.

This season he has gone backwards and those mistakes more common.
The same goes for Cabango.

I don't think you need to be a rocket scientist to work out, they were not great the last 2 seasons but this season they are clearly worse........which would indicate the opposite to what Newq is claiming.

I think its based more on his hate of Martin that it's down to rational decision making.

I think stating Wood has turned the corner is a bit of a stretch to be honest...

Soz jaxs - turning the 'identity crisis' corner. Duff, Marge and Sheezy told him to grow up, I'd say. It looked like he matured overnight, on and off the pitch. (thanks for pointing it out - as English is not my 1st language I sometimes fall foul of poor writin' mistakes).

His body language is now showing the same 'rabbit in the headlights' signs as it did last term when told to play out of his comfort zone. Luke needs to manage it carefully. There's defo a player in there - the way he played for England for the full 90mins was impressive.

Cabango on the other hand is a total disaster - he shoulda stuck with rugby, his big heavy leaden legs and low centre of gravity is far more suited to the grunt of rugger vs the dexterity required to play proper football.

Soz jaxs - turning the 'identity crisis' corner. Duff, Marge and Sheezy told him to grow up, I'd say. It looked like he matured overnight, on and off the pitch. (thanks for pointing it out - as English is not my 1st language I sometimes fall foul of poor writin' mistakes).

His body language is now showing the same 'rabbit in the headlights' signs as it did last term when told to play out of his comfort zone. Luke needs to manage it carefully. There's defo a player in there - the way he played for England for the full 90mins was impressive.

Cabango on the other hand is a total disaster - he shoulda stuck with rugby, his big heavy leaden legs and low centre of gravity is far more suited to the grunt of rugger vs the dexterity required to play proper football.
Haha fair enough I asked for that, early hours and all that 🤭
It's all about opinions I suppose, mine being Wood is only slightly better than Cabango, both shouldn't be anywhere near a Championship squad, perhaps next season they won't be anyway...

We can't drop the pair, particularly with Humphreys playing as he is, and Naughton doesn't have the legs to play every game between now and the end of the season. We've just got to drop the worst of the pair, which is clearly Wood. Cabango is Championship standard but not with the system we're currently playing.

Playing such a high line is asking for trouble and many competent defenders at Championship level would struggle with the current tactics. Sure, they worked in the National League with league two standard defenders. But does that mean you need Premier League standard defenders to pull it off in the Championship? You certainly do against the best teams in this division.

"Playing such a high line is asking for trouble and many competent defenders at Championship level would struggle with the current tactics"

Especially against a team like Leeds who probably have 3 of the 5 fastest players in the Championship, which is 100% guaranteed suicide football. Do that and you will probably find yourself 3-0 down by half time.

We can't drop the pair, particularly with Humphreys playing as he is, and Naughton doesn't have the legs to play every game between now and the end of the season. We've just got to drop the worst of the pair, which is clearly Wood. Cabango is Championship standard but not with the system we're currently playing.

Playing such a high line is asking for trouble and many competent defenders at Championship level would struggle with the current tactics. Sure, they worked in the National League with league two standard defenders. But does that mean you need Premier League standard defenders to pull it off in the Championship? You certainly do against the best teams in this division.

See now I think Cabango is the worst of the lot. Slow, cumbersome, awful on the ball, cannot read danger - he only gets a lot of slack purely for his goals against Cardiff.

Whooosh.

There are none so blind as those bamboozled Martinistas who will not see.

'I'm not here to educate you' - do your own research, there's a tonne of it out there in the big wide world for those intelligent enough to 'see'.

'Looking', eyes wide shut, doesn't cut it.

So, no proof at all then. Just fabricated nonsense. Thought as much.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back