• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Clydach Murders

Darran said:
So they found one glove and one sock at the murder scene then?

Right I’ll be in Brazil if anyone’s looking for me. 👀

One of the The Devon and Cornwall review team said of the samples “This is significant as the sock was recovered from the murder scene and it was widely accepted that it was used by the killer. In my view, the new findings from the samples taken from the sock support the existing evidence that originally convicted him.”

They’ve not gone in to detail about how the stock was used, but the Guardian report that “The team used a technique called Y-STR profiling, which specifically targets male DNA. It is regarded as particularly useful for detecting and analysing a male individual’s DNA in a sample that contains a mixture of male and female cellular material.” which I read to mean that a female victim(s) DNA is mixed with DNA from a male. They add it was “more likely that David Morris or a close paternal-line male relative of his contributed DNA to them than if he did not.”

MajorR said:
Darran said:
So they found one glove and one sock at the murder scene then?

Right I’ll be in Brazil if anyone’s looking for me. 👀

One of the The Devon and Cornwall review team said of the samples “This is significant as the sock was recovered from the murder scene and it was widely accepted that it was used by the killer. In my view, the new findings from the samples taken from the sock support the existing evidence that originally convicted him.”

They’ve not gone in to detail about how the stock was used, but the Guardian report that “The team used a technique called Y-STR profiling, which specifically targets male DNA. It is regarded as particularly useful for detecting and analysing a male individual’s DNA in a sample that contains a mixture of male and female cellular material.” which I read to mean that a female victim(s) DNA is mixed with DNA from a male. They add it was “more likely that David Morris or a close paternal-line male relative of his contributed DNA to them than if he did not.”

I can't understand why it has taken over twenty one years to find this new DNA evidence. The only DNA they did find at the scene of the crime was that of the female police officer, but decided it was not relevant.

So it seems that a thick psychopath builder managed to commit a murder without leaving any DNA. He must have been very aware of crime scene forensics to be able to do that. Even the CSI TV series didn't start until a year after the murders so he couldn't have become trace evidence savi by watching that.

So many unanswered questions.

That’s because they haven't been actively investigating the case - why would they? Morris was found guilty in the Crown Court on a number of occasions and the case was considered by the Criminal Cases Review Commission as recently as 2018 who were happy. In November last lawyers acting for Morris requested the release of various exhibits, which has ultimately resulted in a review by an external force. The technology and testing undertaken as part of the review wasn’t available 20 odd years ago.

Scientific examination of the sock has identified the presence of a mixed *Y-STR profile using technology which would not have been available to the original investigation team over 20 years ago.

More info on the DNA link and it’s discovery on the blood stained sock is provided below.

“While the presence of a link to Morris (or a male relative of his paternal lineage) and the mixed Y-STR profile has been identified, the science cannot determine how or when this profile was transferred onto the exhibit, but the conclusion of scientists is that it is “more likely” that Morris contributed to the DNA profile found on two different areas of the blood-stained sock than if he did not contribute DNA to them.”

The review team also spoke to the witnesses who featured in the BBC Documentary and investigated their accounts, they’ve advised the CPS none of the information undermines the conviction of Morris.

The loops people are twisting themselves into because they think that "the coppers done it" are becoming increasingly absurd.

Morris was repeatedly found guilty, and his appeals were repeatedly rejected. Now there is DNA evidence making his guilt even more likely they're still at it.

They're like 9/11 truthers or anti-Vaxxers. The more their argument is torn to shreds the more they double down.

"Double down" now there's a phrase that has come into play more and more.....at first I thought it was a new duvet

I believe he did it but I can see why this latest news is not going to change the doubters minds, its more likely than not its his DNA , that's not the usual billion to one its not that you often get from DNA results

I have no opinion on this, however, if the stock was his, surely it would have his DNA on it. Just saying, doesn't mean anything, in terms of the case, or am I missing the point or something more technical.🤔

He denied that the sock was his, that was the point, his DNA being on there mixed with the blood of the female victims backs up the conviction of the jury that he was guilty of murder.

The result was so highly likely to be Morris or a male relative from his paternal line (ie his father) that they described it that way rather than one in however million chance, no point in describing it in terms of millions or billions when you can say it is blood from someone directly related to this convicted murderer that left his blood on that sock.

Anyone can baffles us with scientific results.....how are we to know what the hell they are talking about?
They could be just telling lies and how convenient the timing of all this.

Devon and Cornwall Police will not want to do SWP any favours and get themselves linked into any allegations of a miscarriage of justice, indeed D & C uncovered numerous issues with SWP in the Darvell’s Sandra Phillips case 30+ years ago. They will want to keep their reputation clean.

The sock was by all accounts definitely used by the murderer.

An independent laboratory was used, who had no reason to find anything linked to Morris, they would have reported anything they found as they would have had to keep all their papers and examination to a scientific standard, we can presume they were asked to find all traces of DNA and other than the victims the only other DNA there was his.

Sometimes there is no conspiracy just a strange sequence of events, whatever happened but 24 ordinary members of the public heard all the evidence and found him guilty twice and now a separate independent scientific investigation has linked Morris to this horrendous crime.

Those conspiracy theorists have not provided a single shred of evidence to undermine this conviction despite numerous reviews but still people think it a bit dodgy. Hopefully at some stage the surviving family will be allowed to grieve properly for the victims of Morris.

Who was the woman who threw herself off Dyfatty flats? Or was that not connected to this case?

Nothing to do with it as far as I am aware, i have no personal knowledge of the case, I didn’t know any of the victims or Morris, I have read a fair bit about it but that is the limit of my knowledge.

Pacemaker said:
Devon and Cornwall Police will not want to do SWP any favours and get themselves linked into any allegations of a miscarriage of justice, indeed D & C uncovered numerous issues with SWP in the Darvell’s Sandra Phillips case 30+ years ago. They will want to keep their reputation clean.

The sock was by all accounts definitely used by the murderer.

An independent laboratory was used, who had no reason to find anything linked to Morris, they would have reported anything they found as they would have had to keep all their papers and examination to a scientific standard, we can presume they were asked to find all traces of DNA and other than the victims the only other DNA there was his.

Sometimes there is no conspiracy just a strange sequence of events, whatever happened but 24 ordinary members of the public heard all the evidence and found him guilty twice and now a separate independent scientific investigation has linked Morris to this horrendous crime.

Those conspiracy theorists have not provided a single shred of evidence to undermine this conviction despite numerous reviews but still people think it a bit dodgy. Hopefully at some stage the surviving family will be allowed to grieve properly for the victims of Morris.

Evidence means nothing to conspiracy theorists, if Morris had made a full confession on his death bed, they still wouldn't accept they were wrong, they read a book about it mun.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back