• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Eastern Kitchen.

Swanjaxs said:
Niigata Jack said:
Just had a Jalfrezi from Mint Marsala in Caerwen, probably the mildness Jalfrezi I've ever had, convinced that the chilies were runner beans :shock:

Cost of everything going up see, the chillies probably were runner beans, apparently loads of independent pizza takeaways have been prosecuted for selling ham based pizzas and using processed wafer thin turkey instead, by all accounts it looks the same after being in an oven and hard to tell the difference in taste, but costs half the price :lol:

Most pizza takeaways use turkey ham because it's halal

Any MSG-free Chinese/Cantonese takeaways in Swansea? Otherwise it's a "no" from me.

BLAZE said:
Swanjaxs said:
Cost of everything going up see, the chillies probably were runner beans, apparently loads of independent pizza takeaways have been prosecuted for selling ham based pizzas and using processed wafer thin turkey instead, by all accounts it looks the same after being in an oven and hard to tell the difference in taste, but costs half the price :lol:

Most that use turkey instead of ham are doing it dishonesty though by the looks of it.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/602925/Takeaway-Pizza-Scam-Bosses-Food-Derbyshire-County-Council-Dave-Allen

Niigata Jack said:
dickythorpe said:

The Clodwyn Gold has made up for it Dicky :D

That's good stuff from Conwy Brewery.
The nearby Great Orme brewey has some good ales as well.
Enjoying Doom Bar on draft recently. Of all places Burry Port Yacht club!
They've also got Blodwen ale in bottles

Swanjaxs said:
BLAZE said:

Most that use turkey instead of ham are doing it dishonesty though by the looks of it.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/602925/Takeaway-Pizza-Scam-Bosses-Food-Derbyshire-County-Council-Dave-Allen

Yep although some do state the difference now, likewise lamb donner becoming lamb and beef donner in some places - I suppose that's cheaper too. Generally if it's a kebab shop that does pizzas, there'll be no oink oink on the menu

dickythorpe said:
Niigata Jack said:
The Clodwyn Gold has made up for it Dicky :D

That's good stuff from Conwy Brewery.
The nearby Great Orme brewey has some good ales as well.
Enjoying Doom Bar on draft recently. Of all places Burry Port Yacht club!
They've also got Blodwen ale in bottles

Don't like Doom Bar myself, but some nice beers about.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back