• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Three things from the Brummies forum.

They thought that it was an enjoyable match.

They believe they should have had a penalty in the 2nd half but the ref was a homer and gave us everything.

They thought that we were a solid, fair team with some very good players, e.g. "Their left back looks a good player. Having a great battle with Laird. A match in itself."

3swan said:
Always difficult to gauge things from an opening game of the season.

It was a very disjointed performance with no player looking at ease.
There was some good moves, but players didn't seem to be on the same wavelength. An attacking playmaker in midfield is a must.
If we are to play 2 upfront then they need to play nearer each other as many moves broke down due to isolation.
Key had a solid start, but I do think we overplayed as our outlet without giving him options or support.
In short plenty to work on, but to early to say how our season will go with the transfer window still open.

One other comment due to a stop/start 4 hour journey, we parked at the park and walk. I knew no cash and card only but roads were gridlocked due to only one in the gate with his card scanner.

Very disjointed. Didn’t really look as if they knew what they were doing. We’ve lost the clear identity of Russball (no bad thing at times) but with nothing to replace it. And the stupid mistakes at the back continue.

Lovely goal though. It was worth going just for that.

Glyn1 said:
Three things from the Brummies forum.

They thought that it was an enjoyable match.

They believe they should have had a penalty in the 2nd half but the ref was a homer and gave us everything.

They thought that we were a solid, fair team with some very good players, e.g. "Their left back looks a good player. Having a great battle with Laird. A match in itself."

They looked a good side. How much did they pay for Dembele? Looks a player

At one point in the game yesterday I was aware of the crowd talking, a sure sign that people are bored. Must admit I felt the same, but hay it’s early days, so all is forgiven.
Our back three all looked slow and cumbersome, still married to Martinball ie. Passing it sideways slowly and all too close together.
At times Grimes joined them, meaning our midfield consisted of Paterson (still not sure of him) and Fulton, who never really got into the game.
Birmingham passed it about a bit aimlessly, with us seemingly, letting them have the ball.
Where was the high press that Duff’s teams are supposed to be renowned for ?
The whole point in a back 3 system is reliant on 2 bombing WB’s.
Josh Key for me looks an excellent prospect, he wasn’t fazed at all by the step up to Championship football, but wasn’t supported enough on a couple of his runs down his side of the pitch.
Can’t really say the same for Ashby, who looks a solid unit, but didn’t get forward that often for a WB, but surely his Premiership qualities will come to the fore.
Not a great fan of the “pump it up there” balls from our back 3.
If your going to play that type of ball, aim it like Ashleigh Williams did, diagonally but lower, and with purpose.
And fair doos to Liam Cullen, injected some urgency into proceedings, and what a cross, (while running at speed) into the onrushing Yates who was where all good goals scorers are, at the right time and the right place, to put it in the net.
At the end I’m Not really sure if it was a point earned or 2 points dropped

"At one point in the game yesterday I was aware of the crowd talking"

That was very noticeable. Atmosphere seemed flat from both sets of fans

3swan said:
"At one point in the game yesterday I was aware of the crowd talking"

That was very noticeable. Atmosphere seemed flat from both sets of fans

Tho does emphasise how noisy our away support is. Lost count of how many filled out away ends I've seen down ours, and don't hear a peep all game.

Very early days & some promising signs - impressed by the new keepers handling & overall game, Key looked decent on the 'wrong' side plus Yates workrate & finish to round off a lovely goal.
On the downside still way too many slow passes between the 3 centre halfs & the midfield setup was just wrong, a better side would have taken advantage of the space in midfield.
Overall a work in progress & I'd like to see how we look once a few of the players on the bench are fully fit & available & we have a replacement for Ntcham.

jasper_T said:
Paterson looks onside in the pictures, goal should have stood.

I thought that originally, but having looked at the highlights, I think their centreback stepped up in the nick of time. Hard to tell with the camera angle though.
I'm looking forward to seeing Ginelly and the Ukranian lad, maybe they'll get a run out in midweek.And there's Oli Cooper to come of course

Just some thoughts after watching the game. Their left back was rubbish. We should have pressed him more. Our Exeter signing looks a class act. We‘d have lost that game with Fisher in goal. We have a proper goalkeeper now. After overhitting a cross Ashby gesticulated at the forwards in an apparent attempt to shift the blame. I didn’t like that. Apparently Piroe and Patterson were playing. Can’t say I noticed. Oh and the Railway now accepts cards.

Longlostjack said:
Just some thoughts after watching the game. Their left back was rubbish. We should have pressed him more. Our Exeter signing looks a class act. We‘d have lost that game with Fisher in goal. We have a proper goalkeeper now. After overhitting a cross Ashby gesticulated at the forwards in an apparent attempt to shift the blame. I didn’t like that. Apparently Piroe and Patterson were playing. Can’t say I noticed. Oh and the Railway now accepts cards.

Is it true that Coleman was in there

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back