• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The EFL Championship Season 23/24 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City v Birmingham City | The Swansea.com Stadium

What will the result be against Birmingham City?

• Swans win

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Birmingham win

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dunno who to blame for that fck up of a goal? Keeper cleared most all game, 1 short pass and down we go. Saying that, made some great saves. Take a draw, but with Piroe going ( probably) a partner for Yates now vital. Big plus I thought was we looked fitter towards the end. Brum were blowing outa their arses.

A lot to work on. At times we were trying to play out with four across the back, five across the front, and Fulton on his own surrounded by six Birmingham players in midfield. Martin didn't solve that issue until we ditched the wingbacks. The lack of new ideas as the second half progressed a bit worrying but half the bench is unfit.

Key played well but being on the left is a problem for him, kept having to cut back or try that blind pass infield. Ashby was very poor and had to be subbed off when he was, head had gone and was making mistake after mistake. Rushworth looks like he's got good hands and quick feet but small for a keeper (got one free kick when I think Wood blocked him, no Birmingham player near) and obviously the mistake. Saw a few highlights of that long throw, might be a weapon with more pace in the side.

Decent goal and nice for Yates to get off the mark properly. Brum look to have a few tricky players but nothing special (especially after Darling snapped the one lad in half).

CurtessECarr said:
That's the first time in a long time we didn't look a soft touch.
Mixing it up with nice football and long balls in channels does no harm.
First game I'm ok with that.

Let's get the champagne out.

Christ, our fanbase - what happened to us?

Why did it seem like we were constantly isolated and outnumbered?
Great run and cross from Culls though and happy with a point.
A work in progress

Roger said:
Let's get the champagne out.

Christ, our fanbase - what happened to us?
Of course I understand your disappointment.
6 months ago we lost 4-3 to these with 71% poss and drew the game today with a meagre 59%.
Last season our first home game after a season to bed in we had a magnificent 71% poss and lost 3-0 to Blackburn.
So yes I can clearly see where your coming from.
Would this be the same Champagne to toast to?

BLAZE said:
200 miles away and he's still getting the blame for our goals! :lol:

"Play the percentages"
"Throw it up the line to the big fella"

Is that where we're at now!? :cry:

It's not all about trying to be a poundshop Man Citeh, mate.
Sometimes you've got to do the ugly, boring stuff effectively and not give away cheap goals

A point is better than 0 and we gifted Brum that goal under pressure. It looked like a team of strangers but that is in some way a positive as they will get to know each other very quickly. Our goal was great.

Proper Exciting stuff today.

With a v healthy 60% possession, with purpose.

A refreshing upbeat change from Martin’s meandering mediocrity.

And the majority of fans ‘get it’ and are getting behind the collective effort. Again.

Pegojack said:
It's not all about trying to be a poundshop Man Citeh, mate.
Sometimes you've got to do the ugly, boring stuff effectively and not give away cheap goals

Plus, people seem to have forgotten Steve Cooper.

bakajack said:
Ratings for me:

Rushworth 7 - Played his part in being at fault for opening goal but made several great saves. Looks very promising
Key 8 - Never stopped running, looked far more dangerous in second half and I think he will kick on and be a favourite
Wood 7 - Kept it tidy and did what he could to keep Birmingham quiet
Cabango 6 - Also at fault for the opener thinking he had time to let the ball trickle to him when the press was on
Darling 7 - Surprised at his long throw, unlucky to hit the bar with a header after a corner
Ashby 6 - Looked rusty with his new team mates, I expect more when he develops an understanding with Darling
Grimes 8 - Worked hard in midfield and was definitely looking forwards more. Great ball to Cullen for the equalizer
Fulton 7 - Battled hard in a midfield where he was being over run
Paterson 6 - Thought that he had moments but was also anonymous for much of the game
Piroe 7 - A few sighters at goal including two scrambled off the line but never really had a clear chance
Yates 9 - Never stopped working, fought for everything and a great finish

Cullen 7 - Made an impact off the bench with a perfectly weighted ball for the assist
Abdulai 6 - One chance when through but made the wrong decision. Will learn and definitely one for the future

Duff 7 - The shape I don't think helped us, left it pretty late to make two changes. Had three changes left but never used them when we had Brum on the ropes.

Excellent stuff, as per.

Cullen - blimey, what an impact. Deserves a chance as AM - guile, cockiness, work rate and a hunger for smacking the ‘back of the net.

Way too early to make any judgement on how we will do this season but, in terms of this game it was pretty crap in all honesty.

The Blue noses pressed us from the start and we didn’t have the nous to play through it which made life pretty difficult for us, Rossellini Martino has gone and so has the intricate press beating football by the looks of things.

Copamundial said:
Way too early to make any judgement on how we will do this season but, in terms of this game it was pretty crap in all honesty.

The Blue noses pressed us from the start and we didn’t have the nous to play through it which made life pretty difficult for us, Rossellini Martino has gone and so has the intricate press beating football by the looks of things.

I agree with some of that. It's a problem for Duff. I think he may have to go to a back four and get an extra body in midfield. When he's fit, Joe Allen can play the link role between defence and attack. Or maybe Walsh.

magicdaps10 said:
As soon as the ball goes to him in our half they press him...forcing him to just hoof it upfield.
There looks a player there but not LWB for me.

Oh dear.
He didn’t just ‘hoof it’. Ffs.
The young lad gets MOTM, busts a gut and outshines EPL Ashby by considerable distance.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back