• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Glammy 2022 thread

TheLoneRanger said:
The experiment of having a No 8 batsman in Salter as an opening bat, looks doomed to failure - especially on these early season wickets.

Glam 67/7

What's the story with Salter? Has he just been given a bit of extra batting coaching then been chucked in as opener? He's never struck me as consistent enough to bat at 2.

dickythorpe said:
2 games at Neath this season 17th &19th August. Nowt at St. Helen's but I always enjoy a visit to Neath.
Anyone else?

I’ll be there!

Well weather depending.

And assuming I can be off work.

And the missus ain’t working.

Or I’ve got a babysitter.

And the trains are running.

And my gout hasn’t flared up.

Looking forward to it!

This typifies Glamorgan over many years doesn’t it.

We score a superb victory over notts last week but are brought back down to earth with a terrible performance, so far, against Middlesex. I feel we’re that kind of team at the moment, similar to the swans, in the sense that we can be brilliant one week and awful the next.

There’s no doubt in my mind that we aren’t far away from a top quality side but the salter experiment up top appears a bit naive now, moreover because we’re playing Taylor, another ‘spinning all rounder’ at 7. Do we need 2 right arm off spinners in the team at this stage in the season? IMHO we should be playing one of salter or Taylor at 7 with one of Cullen, j Cooke or douthwaite (whoever’s in form) given the opportunity to open, they are considered stronger batsmen after all.

Peace, Mr T.

Almost there! I think that the Glamorgan players are trying to get to watch the Swans this afternoon. 9 wkts down.🙄

Yes a poor result, we can't back wins up....sounds very familiar..... however our record against Middlesex is like Wales v NZ in rugby.

Maynard was speaking on radio Wales and paid a lot of credit to their bowlers.

I was quite excited to see Glamorgan had battled back v Derbyshire and were 112-1. I checked the scorecard, assuming poor old Salter would be the lost wicket. And he was. Run out for 29. The lad can't catch a break, it seems.

Derby. 368

Glam 240/4

It's like watching the Swans. Derby can't buy a wicket, and give the ball to a bowler who's only bowled 16 overs in the last 7 years.

Voila, he gets Northeast in his first over.

Derbyshire 287/2 second time round, must be a decent wicket for batting.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back