• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of test cricket - Ashes 2023

Risc said:
Happy days! But no so happy days with Anderson coming back in for Robinson.

Regarding first 2 tests, Anderson not hugely impressive tbh, but it'll be his home game so he'll play.

I can see Neser being picked for the next Test - especially as he's been sent back to Glammy to play in 1 match v Leics tomorrow.

EDIT ...

He's not getting much bowling practice in. Missed 4 sessions already through rain!!

Plus Glam put in to bat.

Unchanged side for 4th Test ...

Ben Stokes (capt0, Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Josh Tongue, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

TheLoneRanger said:
Unchanged side for 4th Test ...

Ben Stokes (capt0, Moeen Ali, James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Josh Tongue, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

We should win easily with a team of 14. ;)

Disappointed not to see Ben Foaks in the squad, don't think Bairstow is good enough to stay as a wicket Keeper, put him back at 3 and bring Foaks in, can't afford to have a keeper who drops as many catches as Bairstow does, he's not quick or agile enough either.

Niigata Jack said:
Disappointed not to see Ben Foaks in the squad, don't think Bairstow is good enough to stay as a wicket Keeper, put him back at 3 and bring Foaks in, can't afford to have a keeper who drops as many catches as Bairstow does, he's not quick or agile enough either.

One of the problems is that Root doesn't want to bat at No 3. If he did then everyone could move up 1 and slot Foakes in instead of Bairstow (out) @ No 7- especially with Woakes in the team.

TheLoneRanger said:
One of the problems is that Root doesn't want to bat at No 3. If he did then everyone could move up 1 and slot Foakes in instead of Bairstow (out) @ No 7- especially with Woakes in the team.

I don't particularly want to go to work, but I do, he's not captain anymore and after the last test he should be lucky that he's not the water carrier for the next test, Root needs realise that he's only as good as is last game, plus he's had some laughable dismissals for someone of his credentials.

Niigata Jack said:
I don't particularly want to go to work, but I do, he's not captain anymore and after the last test he should be lucky that he's not the water carrier for the next test, Root needs realise that he's only as good as is last game, plus he's had some laughable dismissals for someone of his credentials.

Bold declaration about a player who was the highest rated batter in the world at times last year and is currently ranked 6th, plus is likely to end his career comfortably ahead of any other England player in history for runs.

JackSomething said:
Bold declaration about a player who was the highest rated batter in the world at times last year and is currently ranked 6th, plus is likely to end his career comfortably ahead of any other England player in history for runs.

Yes, you're right of course, but he shouldn't demand on the order he he comes in to bat, that is assuming he has of course.

My post was OTT though.

Niigata Jack said:
Yes, you're right of course, but he shouldn't demand on what he he comes in to bat, that is assuming he has of course.

My post was OTT though.

Yiu want your best batter where he bats best. In Root’s case that’s four. In Brooke’s case it’s five.

exiledclaseboy said:
Yiu want your best batter where he bats best. In Root’s case that’s four. In Brooke’s case it’s five.

He's has a poor ashes 1st test 10 in 1st innings 18, 2nd innings, 2nd test 19 and 21, he needs to produce somin special in next test, otherwise Boycott might be right on his opinion that the Aussies have got inside his head and its a fair assumption after the way he has got out.

Niigata Jack said:
He's has a poor ashes 1st test 10 in 1st innings 18, 2nd innings, 2nd test 19 and 21, he needs to produce somin special in next test, otherwise Boycott might be right on his opinion that the Aussies have got inside his head and its a fair assumption after the way he has got out.

He’s definitely had a below average series so far but he doesn’t really “need” to produce anything to prove himself on account of him being Joe Root, one of England’s all time greats. He’ll undoubtedly want to produce something for his team though.

exiledclaseboy said:
He’s definitely had a below average series so far but he doesn’t really “need” to produce anything to prove himself on account of him being Joe Root, one of England’s all time greats. He’ll undoubtedly want to produce something for his team though.

Root still one of the first names on the team sheet for me, I think Bairstow needs to be given a rest though, he hasn't got over, or been given time to play himself back into form since his leg break. He'll come again though, he's that good...

Swanjaxs said:
Root still one of the first names on the team sheet for me, I think Bairstow needs to be given a rest though, he hasn't got over, or been given time to play himself back into form since his leg break. He'll come again though, he's that good...

Agree on all counts. No one could have argued had Bairstow been replaced, but I didn’t expect them to do it either.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back