• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The "Things that are worth saying but are not important enough to have their own Thread" Thread

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 159
  • Views: Views 9,658
Darran said:
The restaurant itself was a mess though with overgrown plants and boxes of stuff everywhere.

I find this a common theme with Chinese restaurants.

Cooperman said:
Don’t pay much attention to TI, Turtle Bay was in the top ten last time I looked.

Yes, that's true. I suppose with regards to trip advisor, it's pretty easy for a competitor to make numerous accounts, and just slate the competition?, although I will say, the most recent comments do look genuine..

Only once myself I have ever posted on Trip Advisor, when all the family had a very poor meal, and when phoned up to complain, just had the 'don't worry it will be nice next time', I won't name the takeaway, but the food was awful and went in bin, plus there were missing items.

Seems par for the course though with takeaways, hopefully it's good, but if it's not. doesn't seem a lot you can do about it, apart from having a rant on trip advisor.

jack123 said:
Yes, that's true. I suppose with regards to trip advisor, it's pretty easy for a competitor to make numerous accounts, and just slate the competition?, although I will say, the most recent comments do look genuine..

Only once myself I have ever posted on Trip Advisor, when all the family had a very poor meal, and when phoned up to complain, just had the 'don't worry it will be nice next time', I won't name the takeaway, but the food was awful and went in bin, plus there were missing items.

Seems par for the course though with takeaways, hopefully it's good, but if it's not. doesn't seem a lot you can do about it, apart from having a rant on trip advisor.

I have about 400 TI posts but haven’t really used it in this regard since the Covid era. I’d like to think that someone reading these would trust the words on the basis of the many contributions. I got put off by reading restaurant or hotel reviews where the majority of posters only had one post.

For my sins I moved to east London two weeks ago and everything in EastEnders is true. My local teams now are (by distance) Millwall, then Crystal Palace, then West Ham.

Any suggestions?

Glyn1 said:
For my sins I moved to east London two weeks ago and everything in EastEnders is true. My local teams now are (by distance) Millwall, then Crystal Palace, then West Ham.

Any suggestions?

Move again.

I was walking the dog earlier. A lady and her young grandson happened along the same path. I overheard a snippet of their conversation. It was about God.

"He knows all your thoughts" she said, gravely, which seemed a nice introduction to the perils of religion.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/jul/26/truth-about-loyalty-cards-discounts-data-collection-and-the-very-best-deals

What loyalty cards do you have right now in your wallet, key ring, phone? Or can't you be bothered with them? Personally I try to avoid Tesco because I feel I'm being punished for not having their loyalty card.

Currently I just have a Waitrose card but may get an Iceland.

Glyn1 said:
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2023/jul/26/truth-about-loyalty-cards-discounts-data-collection-and-the-very-best-deals

What loyalty cards do you have right now in your wallet, key ring, phone? Or can't you be bothered with them? Personally I try to avoid Tesco because I feel I'm being punished for not having their loyalty card.

Currently I just have a Waitrose card but may get an Iceland.

There's not much choice of supermarket in Burnham on Sea, it's Tesco or Lidl and we use both (although nearby Highbridge does have an Aldi and an Asda). We have a Tesco Clubcard and as well as many in-store clubcard price reductions, every month, my Mrs receives money off vouchers of around £4 per week and I would imagine those are pretty useful to those feeling the cost of existing pinch atm.

I've just been charged £7.40 for a pint of beer in London ("Beaverton craft beer" etc.). My ghast was so flabbered that I had to have another one to recover. Any other horror stories please?

Glyn1 said:
I've just been charged £7.40 for a pint of beer in London ("Beaverton craft beer" etc.). My ghast was so flabbered that I had to have another one to recover. Any other horror stories please?

It's £6 down mumbles for an ordinary lager.. you've had a bargain

That TV advert for Cunard Cruises gets right on my bosoms. What a load of psuedo intellectual crap. I'm amazed the company gave the go ahead to their ad agency for that tripe. And how embarassing to have been the scriptwriter.

You know, the one which begins "I wonder, I wonder....". Listen to it; it starts off quite well, then disappears up its own orifice.

Glyn1 said:
I've just come across this report by Jay Rayner in the Guardian full of praise for a Chinese Restaurant in the Maritime Quarter of Swansea. Has anyone been there and is it any good?

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2022/jul/31/jay-rayner-restaurant-review-gigi-gao-swansea-a-fabulous-creation

It’s cracking. Streets ahead of anywhere else in Swansea imo. I was there with Wilf Bony once when he was throwing a big party. Only at the next table though!

Glyn1 said:

I paid €10 for a 330ml Mythos whilst on holiday.

As soon as my wife came out with the words “let’s go in here for a drink and watch the sunset” then I knew I was going to get shafted :lol:

So there's this bloke I know who's a bit twp. He has 2 credit cards which he keeps in separate places (because he's not that much of an idiot).

Today, after rushing to work he realised that he'd lost one of them. He then spent 20 minutes and 6 attempts before getting through to an Asian call centre to cancel it. On putting down the phone he congratulated himself on having 2 cards in different locations.

Then he realised that he had cancelled the wrong card. 😭 So had to do the whole thing again.

To avoid any embarrassment I'm not going to confess that it was me, and you can't make me!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back