• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The "Things that are worth saying but are not important enough to have their own Thread" Thread

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 159
  • Views: Views 9,656
How easy is it to survive just with cash at the moment? (I'm asking for a friend.)

Glyn1 said:
How easy is it to survive just with cash at the moment? (I'm asking for a friend.)
Easier than you think, been doing it a while, I can keep a handle on my spend, just tapping a card is just too easy. A lot more places are cash friendly, cash transactions are up 7% on last year I believe. It's better for most places to accept cash than lose a customer, times are hard enough, without p!$$ing folk off.
We were in a cafe the other day, small affair, not a chain, I handed over a tenner, and said is this ok, the lady replied yes, no problem, cash is king.👍

There's a burned out car in Singleton Park. This will have the local Nextdoor app users in absolute fits of excitement.

Edit: air ambulance. Not good.

westside said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzUOfo5sPzA&t

I like Rob Groves and he explains important stuff very well. I often listen to his YT channel in the car every week or so. Phil Moorhouse (A Different Bias YT channel) is another political commentator I like to listen to and they can both see seemingly unimportant things from a different angle and explain their relevance.

So there was this chap I worked with on a project a while back. We weren't best mates or owt but we connected if you know what I mean; understood one another's humour, that sort of thing. I liked the guy.

Today I found out he's dead. Accidental codeine overdose at 42. FFS. And his daughter was six days old.

He'd apparently developed a painkiller addiction following an accident, but reading press reports of his post-mortem I'm genuinely flabbergasted by what must've gone on. Injecting codeine; smoking codeine. I mean What the Actual Fluck. Sheesh. You were one of the good guys, mate. I'm sorry I wasn't around to help you out.

Awful story regarding that Codeine misuse , mate of mine had back issues , tramadol was his only way out of the pain , hopefully he has now taken the medical advice not to take the way out , fella could not even bend over .

Have known one ex workmate , on the surface , all smiles a great guy , do anything for you , took his own life , tragic .

Now working with younger colleagues , who maybe in jest mention , I wish I never woke this morning and not be here .
Another staff member turning up eyes looking sad , excuse was I cried last night , youngsters again .

Issues over mental heaith issues is a can of worms I am not going to open , way over my knowledge levels .

Had my issues in the past on a personal level , now am more tolerant of other peoples unknown demons .

Squarebear said:
So there was this chap I worked with on a project a while back. We weren't best mates or owt but we connected if you know what I mean; understood one another's humour, that sort of thing. I liked the guy.

Today I found out he's dead. Accidental codeine overdose at 42. FFS. And his daughter was six days old.

He'd apparently developed a painkiller addiction following an accident, but reading press reports of his post-mortem I'm genuinely flabbergasted by what must've gone on. Injecting codeine; smoking codeine. I mean What the Actual Fluck. Sheesh. You were one of the good guys, mate. I'm sorry I wasn't around to help you out.

I had a bit of a problem with Co-codamol a few years ago.
Shocking things.

So I came up to Stockport today for a mate's funeral. It was done and dusted by 2:15 and my train wasn't until 4:50 so I wandered to the pub, did some damage, then meandered to the station in plenty of time.

The fricking train has gone. I never saw it. The bstard.

It’s days like this that I do enjoy a heated seat in a car. Why can’t we have them in the home?

Libertarian said:
It’s days like this that I do enjoy a heated seat in a car. Why can’t we have them in the home?

You have, it's called a hot water bottle.. :D

I know what you mean though, heated car seats are lovely.

Libertarian said:

You can. Plenty of them on the market.

Libertarian said:

I have a three heat setting. Number three is too hot, whereas number one doesn’t even register on the arse cheeks.

I'm back in Wales for a few days visit and took in the Swans match yesterday. Two random observations.
First, I was shocked at how empty the Globe was. I was there from 11.45am to 2.15pm, for the first 30 mins no-one, then for the last hour it picked up and maybe there were 20-30 people drinking in there. When I used it regularly pre-match before I moved to Spain five years ago, it would have been RAMMED, you'd have to shoulder your way through to get to the back of the pub. What is it? Cost of living (drinking)? Are people going elsewhere? Where was the Briton Ferry crew? They used to be permanent fixtures in there, like the chairs, tables and pictures, stuck in the top right hand corner of the lounge.
Second, why can't the people who run the buses anticipate that there will be a lot of people spilling out if the stadium and wanting to get back to the city centre at 5.00pm and put on a few extra buses at that time? I was sat at the bus stop with a couple of dozen others for nearly an hour, during which time two route 4 buses passed us heading south without stopping, jammed to the gunnels. Feck me. Ever heard of planning, boys?
Rant over.

Pegojack said:
I'm back in Wales for a few days visit and took in the Swans match yesterday. Two random observations.
First, I was shocked at how empty the Globe was. I was there from 11.45am to 2.15pm, for the first 30 mins no-one, then for the last hour it picked up and maybe there were 20-30 people drinking in there. When I used it regularly pre-match before I moved to Spain five years ago, it would have been RAMMED, you'd have to shoulder your way through to get to the back of the pub. What is it? Cost of living (drinking)? Are people going elsewhere? Where was the Briton Ferry crew? They used to be permanent fixtures in there, like the chairs, tables and pictures, stuck in the top right hand corner of the lounge.
Second, why can't the people who run the buses anticipate that there will be a lot of people spilling out if the stadium and wanting to get back to the city centre at 5.00pm and put on a few extra buses at that time? I was sat at the bus stop with a couple of dozen others for nearly an hour, during which time two route 4 buses passed us heading south without stopping, jammed to the gunnels. Feck me. Ever heard of planning, boys?
Rant over.
Haven't you heard. The countrys fecked. Enjoy the rest of your trip.🙂👍

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back