• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Transfer window

Words are cheap, we'll see if things are changing over the next 3 weeks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67936064

Despite making 13 senior signings last summer - and bringing in free agent Yannick Bolasie in November - Swansea are keen to add to their squad this month.

"We have spent hours upon hours preparing for this window. The work has been in place for quite a few months now," Coleman said.

"I think there is always a need to strengthen any squad, regardless of where you are - any position in any table."

We could be losing up to 13/14 players at the end of this season - if you include our loan, short term contract (Bolasie) and players coming to the end of their contracts .

Nice to Michu said:
Don’t expect many signings , if any.. :roll:

I don't think we expect much with this lot, we certainly have a history with poor a poor winter window with them at the helm.
Even when they do spend a little it's normally a disaster.

Only thing for them, after recent words......if they don't get players in then it's going to be another rod on their back and another stick for people to bash them with.

I shall wait and see 👀

Nocountryforoldjack said:
No window for us

Would it surprise you!?
Last winter window was an indication.......unless we get the flow in first then there is no flow out with regards to spending.

Remember we didn't need to sell anyone in the summer......what was our summer spend to summer in comings 🤔😂

Are we still keeping our transfer kitty secret to avoid clubs inflating their players' values? ;)

TheLoneRanger said:
We could be losing up to 13/14 players at the end of this season - if you include our loan, short term contract (Bolasie) and players coming to the end of their contracts .

We signed 13/14 this season so that sounds about right.

Can smell a Karlan Grant scenario again.

magicdaps10 said:
Would it surprise you!?
Last winter window was an indication.......unless we get the flow in first then there is no flow out with regards to spending.

Remember we didn't need to sell anyone in the summer......what was our summer spend to summer in comings 🤔😂

I'll be surprised if we get anyone decent coming in.

January a tough window, we spent a fortune aswell in the summer.

I'd expect very little action unless existing loans are recalled.

Mid table, new manager, going nowhere, there's no point in worrying about an inflated January window when only unwanted shit is available anyway. Unless we can get significantly better than what we have in our weakest positions then it is actually better to leave it alone. If we can get any cash for the players we don't want we should look to ship them out though.

One or two in at most.

monmouth said:
Mid table, new manager, going nowhere, there's no point in worrying about an inflated January window when only unwanted s**t is available anyway. Unless we can get significantly better than what we have in our weakest positions then it is actually better to leave it alone. If we can get any cash for the players we don't want we should look to ship them out though.

One or two in at most.

This is pretty much how I see it. The worry is though is the impact it will have on ST Sales. An uninspiring window will put a number off I think, though it doesn't make good business sense to be chucking funds at loans etc when we won't be going up or down.

The summer was a disaster and we'll pay the price for that now for a few seasons.

Nice to Michu said:
Don’t expect many signings , if any.. :roll:

Being logical about it and looking at the squad

GK Rush worth, Fisher, Broome
RB Key, Ashby, Naughton, Abdullai, Parker
LB Tymon, Pederson, NTO, Ogbeta
CB Cabango, Wood, Darling, Humphreys
MF Grimes, Filton, Allen, Walsh, Patino, O Cooper, Pato
ST Yates, Lowe, Kukharevych, Cullen, Bolasie

I haven't included Ginnelly or a couple of younger players who have had no involvement.
We seem healthy in numbers, infact far too healthy at full back positions and with Abdullai back and Parker making a breakthrough then we really need to look at getting Ashby back who has been a disappointment.
We need to be looking at moving Ogbeta in and loaning out NTO.
We need strengthening in midfield but there are numbers there that allows us to get that nailed in the summer.
Up top and the creativity in the gap is the issue, very little quality and it's a mix and match of styles in hope it comes together.
Bolasie out, Lowe possibly out.

It's clear where we need the reinforcements.....too end of the pitch.
Striker
Creative 10(AM)
2 x Wingers

magicdaps10 said:
Being logical about it and looking at the squad

GK Rush worth, Fisher, Broome
RB Key, Ashby, Naughton, Abdullai, Parker
LB Tymon, Pederson, NTO, Ogbeta
CB Cabango, Wood, Darling, Humphreys
MF Grimes, Filton, Allen, Walsh, Patino, O Cooper, Pato
ST Yates, Lowe, Kukharevych, Cullen, Bolasie

I haven't included Ginnelly or a couple of younger players who have had no involvement.
We seem healthy in numbers, infact far too healthy at full back positions and with Abdullai back and Parker making a breakthrough then we really need to look at getting Ashby back who has been a disappointment.
We need to be looking at moving Ogbeta in and loaning out NTO.
We need strengthening in midfield but there are numbers there that allows us to get that nailed in the summer.
Up top and the creativity in the gap is the issue, very little quality and it's a mix and match of styles in hope it comes together.
Bolasie out, Lowe possibly out.

It's clear where we need the reinforcements.....too end of the pitch.
Striker
Creative 10(AM)
2 x Wingers

I would like to see us going back to the days of unearthing cheap gems like Rangle and Michu but I'd also like to see a six foot millionaire blond with massive glands knock on my door to whisk me away. Both very unlikely.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back